On January 20th, 2020, the 6,000th article was added to the SuccuWiki!
Succubus (3.5e Race)
Image of a Succubus from the 3.5 Edition Monster Manual
|(as a standard class)||3.5 Edition Dungeons and Dragons|
|Source books||Monster Manual|
For an overall list of Succubus related articles, see Succubus (disambiguation).
Succubi, in the 3.5 edition of the Dungeons and Dragons role playing game, are seductive demons that act as seductive females to lure males into relinquishing some of their life-force. Particularly adept at controlling others in the peak of their strength, they're often employed - albeit reluctantly - by others to act as crowd control, or to tame certain creatures. Most of them share the nature of their reputation; flirtatious. They avoid fighting where possible, instead choosing seduction or fleeing.
Succubi in their natural form often average six feet in height and 125lb in weight. They bear similar shapes to humans, with notable exceptions of largish horns and long, slender tails that end in a heart-shaped projection, the tip of the heart pointing away from the tail. Said tail connects at the base of the spine, and is often a black or blackish colour. Their eyes and hair often share the same colour, which is shared again with their choice of clothing - which nearly always stretch the limits of remaining modest yet revealing. They also have large, bat-like wings that share the same black as the tail on the outside, and a darker variation of the hair and eye colour. Most succubi prefer to hold them slightly stretched out for comfort's sake.
For the most part, succubi get along well with all humanoids - they need to, as their race is biologically incapable of breeding to produce males. If discovered for their succubus being, they will flee more often than not - or rely on those they managed to seduce.
Neutral on the Good-Evil axis, but tend towards Chaotic. Their methods aren't often smiled upon by the Lawful.
Succubi as a race originated from Chaotic Evil planes, and they still find comfort in those areas. They prefer warm areas - not hot - if they get an opportunity.
Being demonic in biology and nature, succubi don't often follow the ideals of gods.
Succubi usually use their native language of Abyssal to communicate to each other. However, nearly all of them also speak Common to aid in their seduction with other humanoids.
Succubi often change their names as they change their forms, but some choose to stick with a name from another race.
- Base Statistics: +4 Charisma, +2 Intelligence, -2 Constitution, -2 Strength: Succubi have grown to rely on others and so are weaker physically, but stronger in mind. Their bodies, in addition, are attractive even with a physically bland succubus.
- Monstrous Humanoid (Demon): Once a demon, always a demon - the horns, tail and wings of a succubus reduces the availability of suitable armour.
- Medium: Succubi gain no advantages or disadvantages due to size.
- Speed: Succubus base land speed is 30 feet. Succubus air speed is 60ft, good maneuverability.
- Parasitic Reproduction: Succubi must be female.
- Energy Drain (Su): Once per day, a succubus may drain some life-force from a target via a kiss. If the target is not willing to be kissed, the succubus must start a grapple, which provokes an attack of opportunity. If the grapple is successful, the target's age progresses by one month, and the succubus' age is reduced by the same amount. In addition, the kiss heals the succubus, for one roll of each hit dice the succubus possesses (for example, a wizard rolls a d4 while a Barbarian rolls a d12). Multiclassing succubi must roll their exact hit dice. At fifth character level, the kiss also has the effect of a suggestion spell that asks the victim to accept another kiss from the succubus. The victim must succeed on a DC 21 Will save to negate the effect of the suggestion. If the suggestion takes effect, the succubus may kiss again, but this does not invoke the suggestion effect again.
- Charm Monster (Sp): At fourth level, a succubus may use the spell Charm Monster up to twice per day. The DC to resist the effects of Charm Monster is 15 + the succubus' Charisma modifier, and gains a +4 circumstance bonus if the target is male.
- Detect Good (Sp): At second level, a succubus may use the spell Detect Good up to twice per day. The DC to resist detection is 12 + the succubus' Charisma modifier.
- Detect Thoughts (Sp): At seventh level, a succubus may use the spell Detect Thoughts up to twice per day. The DC to resist detection is 12 + the succubus' Charisma modifier.
- Greater Teleportation (Sp): At fifteenth level, a succubus may use the spell Greater Teleport once per day.
- Change Shape (Su): At sixth level, a succubus may change to resemble any Humanoid Medium or Small creature once per day. This increases to two times per day at level twelve, and to three times per day at level sixteen. Changing back into the succubus' natural form does not count towards the uses. A succubus' altered shape lasts indefinitely, even in death.
- Telepathy (Su): At eighth level, a succubus may use Telepathy (up to 100ft). She may only project thoughts in languages she can speak.
- Darkvision up to 60 ft.
- Immunity to poisons.
- Flight: Thanks to their wings, succubi can take to the skies if and when the need arises. They have a flight speed of 60ft, with good maneuverability.
- Languages: Automatic Languages: Common, Abyssal. Bonus Languages: Any non-secret language (such as Druidic).
- Favored Class: Bard.
- Level Adjustment: +3
|Middle Age1||Old2||Venerable3||Maximum Age|
|200 years||350 years||500 years||725 years|
|1. At middle age, -1 to Str, Dex, and Con; +1 to Int, Wis, and Cha.|
2. At old age, -2 to Str, Dex, and Con; +1 to Int, Wis, and Cha.
3. At venerable age, -3 to Str, Dex, and Con; +1 to Int, Wis, and Cha.
|Gender||Base Height||Height Modifier||Base Weight||Weight Modifier|
|Female||5' 6"||+2d6"||100 lb.||*2d4 lb.|