On July 18th, 2016, the 4,000th article was added to the SuccuWiki!
December 1st, 2016 marks the SuccuWiki's Ninth Anniversary!
|Lost Girl Series Article|
Lost Girl Series Articles
Lost Girl Series Characters
Lost Girl Series Episodes
|Lost Girl character|
Fitzpatrick McCorrigan, better known as Trick and formally The Blood King
It's a Fae, Fae, Fae, Fae World
Actual Last Appearance
Follow the Yellow Trick Road
The Blood King|
The New Acting Ash
|Spouse(s)||Isabeau (Wife - Deceased)|
|Appeared In||73 Episodes|
Last seen in Family Portrait laying beside the body of Aife and Bo kneeling beside them both
Lost Girl is a Canadian developed and produced television series which premiered in the 2010 season on the television channel Showcase.
For further on Bo, the succubus of the series, see her article in the SuccuWiki here. For the series itself, see that article here. For a general discussion of Succubi and their mythos in the series, see that article here.
Trick, proper name Fitzpatrick McCorrigan, and formally known as The Blood King, and as of the fifth episode of the Fourth Season of the series the New Acting Ash, was the name of a character that appeared in the Lost Girl television series who during the time of the series was the owner of the Dal Riata pub, neutral ground for the Fae.
At one time in the past he was The Blood King, being married to Isabeau, his wife and Queen. He was the father of Aife, and was Bo's grandfather. Trick has appeared in a total of thirteen First Season episodes, twenty-two Second Season episodes, thirteen Third Season episodes, eleven Fourth Season episodes, and thirteen Fifth Season episodes. He was Light Fae in nature and specifically a Blood Sage. The role was played by the actor Rick Howland. He first appeared in the premiere episode of the series It's a Fae, Fae, Fae, Fae World where he was not named, but acted to moderate an argument between The Ash and The Morrigan over Bo's fate.
Very little was learned about Trick's past for the first season of the series. It was known that he had a good deal of respect from the Fae community at large, had much knowledge about the Fae and their history, and otherwise operated the Dal Riata, the only neutral ground which both Light Fae and Dark Fae could meet at freely. It was clear that there was more to his history that was unsaid, but this remained very murky and unclear through the majority of the first season.
During the second season, more of Trick's background was revealed including that he was once known as The Blood King and was responsible for ending a war between the Fae that his daughter Aife started. In doing so, he was brought to the attention of a being called The Garuda who during the second season took revenge on him. Trick was killed by Bo in order to remove The Garuda as a threat, but he was revived by her before it was too late. As well, Trick revealed to Bo that he was her grandfather and that she was named for his wife. He also came make a decision about Kenzi over time to where he considered her part of his family.
In the third season, Trick assisted Bo in coming to terms with her Dawning, a test that all Fae must pass with the help of Stella Nashira, a Fae that assisted other Fae with this task. Through this, the two became intimate friends by the end of the season. Trick also guided Hale on his path to being The Ash during this season. In the third season finale Those Who Wander, Trick left with Stella Nashira to accompany her to Scotland for his own protection from The Morrigan's actions at the urging of Hale, The Acting Ash at that time.
At some point between the Third and Fourth Seasons, his relationship with Stella ended for reasons that were not explained completely. He returned in the Fourth Season to face the coming of the Una Mens and was summoned by them to be questioned about his life. After doing so, the Una Mens declared Trick the New Acting Ash of the Light Fae. During the Fourth Season it was revealed that Trick, while he was the Blood King had cursed Rainer, The Wanderer, trapping him out of time and space and in doing so, caused all of the events that have occurred through the series. By the end of the season, Trick had come to tell Bo of some of her origins, but not who her father was. He stood with Dyson and Tamsin in an attempt to stop Bo's Father from arriving on Earth through a portal. He also bore witness to Kenzi sacrificing her life to end the threat. As of the end of the Fourth Season, Trick's whereabouts were unclear, though it was likely he had returned to the Dal Riata and as well was continuing to act as the New Acting Ash.
During the Fifth Season, Trick slowly discovered that Bo's father was Hades and she was born in Hel. He also came in contact with the Ancient Fae known as Zee at several points in the season. Trick also had a vision of his late wife Isabeau through the actions of The Oracles. As the season progressed, Trick became singularly focused on discovering as much information as possible about Hades in an attempt to blunt any plans that Hades had.
Very little was learned about Trick's past for the first season of the series. It was known that he had a good deal of respect from the Fae community at large, had much knowledge about the Fae and their history, and otherwise operated the Dal Riata, the only neutral ground which both Light Fae and Dark Fae could meet at freely. It was clear that there was more to his history that was unsaid, but this remained very murky and unclear through the majority of the first season. Little was told about his past until Aife appeared towards the end of the season and she was revealed to be Trick's daughter and Trick was revealed to be Bo's grandfather.
Trick first appeared in the premiere episode of the series It's a Fae, Fae, Fae, Fae World where he was not named, but acted to moderate an argument between The Ash and The Morrigan over Bo's fate. In Where There's a Will, There's a Fae, Bo and Trick met for the first time and during that meeting, Bo revealed to Trick that she did not know about her Fae past, only her human one, and that she was unaligned because of her not having contact with any of the Fae until that time. It is also revealed that there is a connection between Dyson and Trick, but what that was exactly was not explained at that time. During Oh Kappa, My Kappa, Trick interferes in Bo and Dyson's relationship by demanding Dyson stop seeing Bo. This leads to Dyson telling Bo that there isn't any relationship between them. Faetal Attraction found Trick confronting Kenzi about a missing 300 year bottle of mead, and worrying over a drunk Succubus, that being Bo, being at the Dal Riata in the aftermath of Dyson and Bo's relationship braking up. During Dead Lucky Trick seemed to indicate that he had a Troll that lived in his lair below the Dal Riata. Food for Thought revealed that Trick had come to care about Kenzi enough that he made a trade for an item to save her life that cost Trick several of his most precious things. Trick's sacrifice does save Kenzi's life and this marks the beginning of his seeing Kenzi as being part of his family, something that he does not reveal to Kenzi until much later in the series. As well, Trick comments to Dyson that he doesn’t always do what the Ash orders, which implied the relationship that he and Trick had was more powerful than that of The Ash.
ArachnoFaebia found Trick providing information about an UnderFae creature which resulted in Lauren being able to destroy the creature before it caused the death of Bo, Kenzi and Hale. During Vexed Trick revealed to Bo that Lauren was owned by The Ash. He also explains that Bo's need to feed on Chi is what all Fae do in various ways and means throughout time. Trick also gives Bo a weapon called a Siraco to use during the episode. Trick also appears during this episode at the execution of a Fae named Lou Ann, but afterwards, when she returns to life, he is there to question her.
Fae Day revealed that the Fae celebrate their holiest day called La Shoshain by holding celebrations at the Dal Riata. During the episode, Trick revealed to Dyson that he intervened in Lou Ann's execution and saved her, putting her into hiding. This confused Dyson since Trick never helped a Dark Fae before. Trick then revealed that Lou Ann was in fact Bo’s midwife. Dyson confronted Trick over the knowledge they have about Bo, and when they could tell her what they know, but Trick's answer was only to say that they would hide the truth as long as they could. Trick provides Bo with information to perform a ceremony called the Agallamh to attempt to heal a relationship between two Fae brothers.
In The Mourning After, Trick was threatened with the loss of the Dal Riata when a business associate arrived to claim an item from Trick which seemed to have vanished. Kenzi helps Trick to discover the plot against him and help Trick to keep the Dal Riata. Kenzi also tells Trick that a Lightning Bird, which she helped him summon, told her that Trick is powerful and that he has a book of blood. Trick claims not to know what Kenzi is talking about, but Kenzi tells him that “it takes a con to know a con”, and that he has secrets.
Faetal Justice found Dyson obtaining Sanctuary from Trick when he is accused of killing a Dark Fae, which Trick provides. It is also revealed that The Ash had confiscated the Siracon, a weapon which Bo had used in the episode Vexed, calling it a restricted weapon. Trick also provides access to a Fae called a Kirin for Dyson in an attempt to find what are assumed to be Dyson's lost memories of what happened to him. Trick also faces off against The Ash and The Morrigan when they attempt to remove Dyson from Trick's protection. Trick also attempts to use his connections in the event that Dyson is judged by the Fae. However he is rebuffed and the attempt fails to produce any results.
During (Dis)Members Only, Dyson demanded that Trick tell Bo what they know about her and Trick allows that he would do so soon. However events of the episode overrun Trick's decision. Trick also provided information to Bo that the Fae she was looking for in this episode was a Land Wight, which helped Bo to solve the mystery she was involved in.
During the season finale Blood Lines, Dyson and Trick finally tell Bo what they know about her past and Saskia is revealed to be Bo's mother and Trick's daughter. Trick tells Bo about Saskia's history and as well Dyson explains, with Trick, what he is.
Trick explained that he is a Blood Sage and that whatever he writes in his own blood in a book comes to pass. Trick also explains that his power comes with a terrible price, that one fate is replaced by a worse one. He also reveals that Saskia was in fact Aife, his daughter who in the past had led a small rebellion that killed one of the Dark Fae leaders. She was caught, then escaped, asking Trick for help. He refused and handed her over to the Dark Fae for execution. But the Dark Fae did not kill her, she becoming a prisoner and then escaping to plot her revenge against Trick since that time.
When Aife attempted to start a war between the Light and Dark Fae, Bo went to confront her. As a result, Trick used his powers to try to change Aife and help Bo to overcome her mother. Bo won that battle with Trick's and as well Dyson's help, but was unaware of that. In the aftermath, Trick was seen bleeding out and seemingly close to death.
At the end of the first season, Trick was revealed to be related to Bo, that Aife was his daughter, and that he was a Blood Sage as well as being at one time the Blood King. As a result of his actions, Trick was close to death, his future unknown and unsure.
During the second season, more of Trick's background was revealed including that he was once known as The Blood King and was responsible for ending a war between the Fae that his daughter Aife started. In doing so, he was brought to the attention of a being called The Garuda who during the second season sought revenge on him. In the season finale, Trick was killed by Bo in order to remove The Garuda as a threat, but he was revived by her before it was too late. As well, Trick revealed to Bo that he was her grandfather and that she was named for his late wife. He also came make a decision about Kenzi over time to where he considered her part of his family.
Trick's first appearance in the second season was in the episode Something Wicked This Fae Comes where he was seen to have mostly recovered from using his powers of blood to help Bo, but was not completely healed from the event. He was also seen using the help of Bo and the others to control various problems that happened as a result of Aife's attack on the Fae. Trick also reveals he "liberated" some of the rarer books from The Ash's collection in the aftermath as well. He also provides information to Bo to stop an attempt by a traveling group of Fae to take over The Ash's connection with the land and make it theirs. At the end of the episode, Trick suggests to Dyson that the traveling Fae were his punishment for helping Bo by using his powers to help in her battle against Aife, but later events in the season would prove him wrong.
In I Fought the Fae (And the Fae Won), Trick was confronted by a representative of the Fae council, Blackthorn, who seemed to know that Trick was the Blood King. Trick managed to extract a promise from him not to interfere with local affairs or try to find Aife. Trick was also involved in the search for the New Ash, drawing Hale into the race which he came close to winning and in fact did become the Acting Ash in the third season. Trick also appeared at Lachlan's crowning as Ash which seemed reflect on his quiet power within the Fae hierarchy.
During Scream a Little Dream, Trick warns Kenzi about having a Brownie in her home with Bo but to no avail. He also provides information to Bo that she is being attacked by a Mare during this episode and also provides access to a Baku who helps Bo and Kenzi defeat the Mare. Trick also tries to comfort Bo over Lauren's situation with The New Ash and also advised Bo to be careful with The New Ash as they knew nothing about him at that time.
Mirror, Mirror had Trick discover that through Kenzi's error in judgement, Bo had been marked by Baba Yaga and that she would come to claim Bo. However, Kenzi took her place instead and was trapped by Baba Yaga which forced Bo to extreme measures to try to save her. Trick, in spite of giving Bo the information she needed, could not help in any way,
In BrotherFae of the Wolves, Trick revealed to Bo and Kenzi that a new Fae named Cayden was a pack-mate of Dyson's several hundred years ago. Trick provided information to them about a Mongolian Death Worm that Cayden was seeking to recover.
During It's Better to Burn Out Than Fae Away, Trick tried to convince Bo not to take a case that The Morrigan wished to hire Bo to solve, but Bo took the case and in doing so began the series arc that resulted in the death of Nadia, Lauren's girlfriend.
Fae Gone Wild had Trick discover that there was something going on between the Light and Dark Fae that was resulting in the deaths of many of them. This would eventually note the beginning of The Garuda plot arc during the latter half of the Second Season. Trick also provides information to Bo which helps her to solve a mystery involving a group of Fae seeking escape from their captor. Trick also runs interference for Lauren so that she and Bo have a chance to talk free of The New Ash's guards.
As part of Death Didn't Become Him, Trick's oldest friend Donovan appeared and asked for help in rescuing his deceased lover who was in the possession of a Lich. Bo did so at the behest of Trick and succeeded in doing so. Through the episode Trick tries to comfort Donovan and manages to dissuade him from several rash actions.
Original Skin found Trick having to deal with the actions of an escaped Dark Fae prisoner who contaminated the beer in the Dal Riata which made Bo, Dyson, Kenzi, Hale, Ciara and Lauren switch bodies for a time, but in the end he found a solution and returned all of them to their rightful bodies. As well, it was revealed that Trick had provided Lauren with a series of books from his library in an attempt to solve the mystery that she and Bo are facing with regards to Nadia, but the books were of little help. Trick also mentioned that the ongoing fighting between the Light and Dark Fae had been cutting into his business and Trick had no idea why the strife among the Fae was occurring. Trick also learned that Bo had been contacted by the Nain Rouge which seemed to worry him greatly. Trick is also surprised when Bo told him that she was called Isabeau by the Nain Rouge, but does not explain what that name meant to him.
During Raging Fae Trick requested that Hale cover for Bo when her past came to confront her when the sister of Bo's first boyfriend, whom she killed accidentally, appeared. As well in this episode, Bo revealed that the vision the Nain Rouge showed was of Bo killing Trick, but the circumstances of that event were not clear. Trick attempted to calm Bo explaining that she shouldn't put much faith in visions, but neither of them seemingly were convinced of that.
Can't See the Fae-Rest had Trick help Bo solve a mystery where a Batibat was killing those who possessed wood from a tree that the Fae was connected to. Masks found Bo asking Trick for something valuable to trade to a Shaman in order to remove the curse that Nadia was under. Trick sacrificed a bracelet that his wife Isabeau once owned. Trick also supplied the beer for Bo's surprise birthday party and as well gave Bo an antique walking stick with a sword inside of it, which was once owned by his wife as well. Dyson in this episode revealed to Trick that he gave up his love for Bo to help her defeat her mother Aife in Blood Lines, something that Trick had not been aware of before.
Barometz. Trick. Pressure. was an important moment in Trick's history in the series. Trick intended to use the coming of the Blood Moon, an event that happened once every twenty years, to see into the future. To manage this, Trick confronted what he described as an old friend to obtain the ingredient he needed. However, Trick was forced to answer four questions truthfully. Trick admitted that: In 1419 he possessed a lock-box with the skull of a very dangerous man which Trick buried somewhere, but did not reveal where that was. He also revealed that his wife, Isabeau, was killed in battle and that he held himself responsible for her death. However, when Trick left with the item he wanted, he had only answered three questions, leaving a fourth to be asked. During all of the questioning, Hale discovered that Trick was, in fact, the Blood King to his surprise, something that he had not been aware of before. Following this, Trick used the items he had gathered to attempt to see into the future. In doing so, Trick found himself reunited with his wife Isabeau, but this was an illusion that once dissipated revealed that Trick was confronted by The Garuda, an ancient enemy of the Fae who had been seeking Trick to exact revenge upon him for ending the Great Fae War when he was the Blood King. He is attacked by The Garuda in the vision and was seemingly badly injured at the end of the episode, which was the mid-season finale.
The next episode, Midnight Lamp, found Trick healed from his wounds suffered from The Garuda and also shared what he had learned with Hale and Dyson. Trick explains that The Garuda wanted Trick to unwrite the laws that he used to stop the last war so that it could being a new one. He also shared the information with Bo, but when she told him that she already learned the information from The Ash, this worried and confused Trick as to how he could know this. Table for Fae had Trick turn Hale away from a case he was investigating, and give Bo the chance to deal with a Serket who was at the heart of the matter. School's Out found Trick explaining to Bo that Fae children were sent to human schools in order to learn how to act and fit into human society. At the end of the episode, Trick had come into the possession of a Simurgh, who was the case of the problem that Bo had been investigating. In The Girl Who Fae'd With Fire, Trick provided information on a Cherufe who was intending to kill off the Fae Noble family leadership including Hale's father.
Fae-nted Love marked a turning point in the relationship that Bo had with Trick to that point in the series. Trick freed Bo from the effects of a Addonc which made Bo lose her memory and almost marry Ryan in error. Bo confronted Trick and demanded that when the battle with The Garuda was over, he tell her about what he knew about herself, which Trick agreed to. This came after Trick used his knowledge about Bo to free Ryan from Bo's influence by using Kenzi's blood to break the bonds that Bo had over Ryan.
Truth and Consequences was a turning point in the second season for Trick and The Ash at that time, Lachlan. Trick asked Hale to help gather information by spying on The Ash to find out what he knnew. After Hale visited The Ash, he was asked by him to spy on Trick as well. Hale made a decision to instead bring Trick and The Ash together and they began to share information between them about The Garuda and what they might be able to do about its threat to the Fae. Trick also caused issues for Kenzi when he met with her and explained that the coming fight with The Garuda was not her fight and she should live her own life. Trick added to Kenzi's burden when he explained that Bo's love for her was a weakness and Kenzi needed to leave with Nate to remove that weakness as a threat to Bo. This, along with a later conversation with Bo, drove Kenzi to tell Nate that they could not be together any longer in order to protect him from the threats she and Bo would be facing.
In Lachlan's Gambit, Trick told Bo about some odd events that were happening to animals in the city and that they were hiding because The Garuda was coming soon, but Trick had no idea where The Garuda was. Trick was also attacked by a gang of Berserkers, sent by The Garuda, but they were repelled by Bo, Hale and Ciara. Soon afterwards Trick found there was a spy for The Garuda in his presence and though the spy learned the possible whereabouts of The Garuda. The Ash then called Trick to a meeting where he demands that Trick use his blood to stop The Garuda by writing a new future, but Bo and Dyson managed to stop Lachlan from doing so. When Trick realized that Bo was going to face The Garuda, he made Hale promise that no matter what happened in the battle he would return Bo to him which caused strife among Hale, Bo and Kenzi when Dyson was left behind in battle after Ciara died in a lop sided battle with The Garuda in which they lost. Following this battle, The Garuda attacked Lachlan, now revealed as the last Naga and in the presence of Trick, killed him. However, Trick managed to force The Garuda away when he attempted to attack Trick as well.
Into the Dark drove the threat of The Garuda to Trick fully. Trick held a wake for Ciara at the Dal Riata where Bo confronted Trick with the knowledge that she believed that he was her father, however Trick revealed to Bo that he was her grandfather and that Aife was, in fact, his daughter. He also explained that he did not know who Bo's father was. Trick also explained that Bo's blood had the power to enslave others, like her mother did, and that using that power could turn her to the dark side. Bo also asked that Trick call the Nain Rouge to get some answers, but he revealed that he was not able to and Bo was forced to do so herself. At the end of the episode, a dark force was seen watching Trick in his lair, but took no action against him at that time.
Flesh and Blood, the season two finale, brought the Nain Rouge's prophecy to reality as Bo was forced to kill Trick in order to defeat The Garuda. Trick reveals that the cane sword that he gave Bo for her birthday contained a small vial of what was described as his wife Isabeau's life essence. He further explained that the liquid could cure illness, neutralize poison and "can stave off the darkness from within." Trick explained that it had amazing healing powers and was the source of Bo's own healing abilities. Bo asked Trick for a promise that if they survived the coming battle, he would tell her all about her Grandmother, and Trick agreed. He also told Bo that if she felt the darkness overcoming her, she should drink the essence and it would restore her "to the Bo we love." Trick was then spirited away by one of The Garuda's henchman to its lair where it attempted to convince Trick to rewrite the book of Fae with his blood and restart the war Trick had ended. Trick was faced with images and moments of his past including interactions with his late wife Isabeau, and reminders of the war he had begun, according to The Garuda. Trick's resistance faltered until he was possessed by The Garuda who then attempted to use Trick's power of blood to rewrite reality to its preference. However, Bo with Vex's assistance, caused Trick's body to stop moving long enough for Bo to inject Lachlan's venom into Trick's body which then killed both Trick and The Garuda. Immediately afterwards, Bo used the ampule of life essence that Trick had revealed to revive him. The cost however was that Bo began to slip towards darkness until Kenzi broke Bo's blood power and she collapsed. When Trick awoke, he realized what Bo had done and was very upset with her for doing so. In the aftermath of what The Garuda showed Trick, he confided in Bo that The Garuda might have been right, that the Light and Dark might have united over his death. Trick told Bo that he needed to make amends and Bo told him that she would help him to do so as that was what family was for. Trick also admits to Bo that he missed Isabeau very much and she tried to comfort him.
At the end of the second season, Trick had reunited completely with Bo, now revealed to be his granddaughter. It had been revealed that Trick's wife had been named Isabeau and Bo was named after her. Trick's past role as the Blood King had also been revealed to Hale who had not been aware of this before. Trick had been confronted by The Garuda and possessed by him, however Bo managed to defeat The Garuda through killing and then reviving Trick afterwards. While Trick seemed to have come through this event relatively unscathed, he feared from what Bo's actions is reviving him would mean for her in the future.
In the third season, Trick assisted Bo in coming to terms with her Dawning, a test that all Fae must pass with the help of Stella Nashira, a Fae that assisted other Fae with this task. Through this, the two became intimate friends by the end of the season. Trick also guided Hale on his path to being The Ash during this season.
Trick's first appearance in the third season was in the season premiere Caged Fae. He refused Bo's request for sanctuary as part of a plan by Hale to investigate the goings on at a Fae prison. This also marked the beginning of Trick's grooming of Hale in the role of being The Ash with the future goal of being proclaimed as The Ash. As well, Trick provided a room in the Dal Riata for Hale to use as his official meeting place as The Ash. Trick and Bo also have a conversation about Bo's feelings after being in prison, Bo noting that her father was almost certainly Dark Fae, and she was worried that if her father was a monster, then what did that make her? Trick attempted to tell Bo that she was many things, but she was not a monster.
In SubterrFaenean, Bo was experiencing dreams of her attacking others and in an attempt to help, Trick Trick contacted a Weaver to try and help. This led to the Weaver seeing Bo's dream where she was in a monstrous form feeding on someone in that dream. ConFaegion found Trick at one point ignoring Vex when he spoke of his problems, attempting to warn Bo to be careful when dealing with The Morrigan, and helping Kenzi to free herself of a Staff of Righteousness she came in contact with giving her Fae-like powers. Trick also helps Lauren to figure out why Bo, Dyson and Tamsin were acting like children, that being caused by a creature that The Morrigan infected them and Vex with.
Fae-de To Black found Trick helping Bo to overcome the threat of a Rakshasa who had been killing users of a medical clinic. As well, Trick confronted Hale over his not being serious in the position of The Ash and forced Hale to break his ties with Kenzi who had caused problems for Hale in fulfilling the duties of The Ash. As a result of these actions, Kenzi was blocked from seeing Hale for must of the season, which threatened her life.
During Faes Wide Shut Trick was somewhat embarrassed by Lauren and Bo when they came to the Dal Riata in search of someone for Bo to feed upon. Trick also provided a means for Bo and Lauren to access an adult members-only club in order to solve the mystery of why a human was turned into a puddle of goo in front of his wife. He also had a conversation with Faux Kenzi, a Kitsune that had taken the place of Kenzi at that time, in which she played in his past decisions, including mentioning that he had to have known about Bo for at least thirty years before coming in contact with her. Trick did look uncomfortable, but did not confirm or deny the statement made. Of note, Trick did not sense or was aware that Faux Kenzi was an imposter in spite of being in close contact with her.
During The Kenzi Scale, Trick was deceived by the Faux Kenzi and placed Bo in lockup in what he believed was a means to protect Bo from herself when Bo could not provide evidence of her claim that Kenzi was an imposter. At the same time, Trick asked Lauren to test Bo's biochemistry in search of an answer he was seeking about her. The actions of Faux Kenzi drove a wedge between Bo's relationship with all of her friends, including Trick at that time. Trick confronted Dyson over the possibility that Bo had been killing while feeding. Trick was enraged when Dyson revealed that he had some idea, but no proof of this. Trick reminded Dyson that Dyson's only job was to look out for Bo. Later in the episode when Tamsin helped Bo to escape, Trick revealed that Tamsin was a Valkyrie and explained some of her abilities. Trick also revealed to Bo and Lauren that what Bo had been experiencing was the beginning of her Dawning. Trick explained that The Dawning was a rite of passage that every Fae must pass through. He described it as a gruelling process that normally took years to prepare for. Trick also explained that failing this test meant devolution for the Fae in question, they would then become an UnderFae.
During There's Bo Place Like Home, Trick attempted to help Bo pass the first challenge of her Dawning, but found he did not have the means to do so. Trick then arranged for a Fae named Stella Nashira to help Bo with her Dawning. Though this, eventually, Trick found himself attracted to Stella and they began a relationship during this episode. With the urging of Stella and Trick, Bo manages to reconcile with her human mother, and pass her first test of the Dawning successfully. Dyson also confronted Trick and in doing so, Trick discovered that Dyson had his love for Bo once more. While Bo and Kenzi are with Bo's human mother they encounter an UnderFae which Trick identifies as a Poludnica and gives them the answer needed to overcome it. Trick also Trick set up a trust for Mary, Bo's human mother when it was discovered that she had dementia.
Trick was forced during Fae-ge Against The Machine to play a game on the behalf of Bo with the assistance of Stella Nashira. The choices he made during the game effected Bo directly, but in the end Bo successfully completed her quest and Trick the game, which allowed Bo to attend her Dawning. Trick also was surprised and concerned with the changes that Hale had made to the portion of the Dal Riata Trick had loaned for Hale's role as The Ash. Trick's relationship with Stella Nashira continued to grow during this episode culminating in a kiss shared between the two by the end of the episode.
The Ceremony found Bo facing her Dawning. Trick and Bo spent some time together in the moments before the Dawning where Trick told Bo he was very proud of her. Trick allowed Dyson to accompany Bo in spite of being aware that only one was supposed to return from it. Trick and Kenzi also had a conversation where he admitted to Kenzi that he saw her as part of his family and would protect her regardless of what happened in Bo's Dawning. Trick also appears within Bo's Dawning as do her friends, but in a universe altered from what Bo knows as normality, In that reality, Trick appears as a Police Chief with Bo acting as one of his officers. Bo broke the rules of the Dawning, returning both herself and Dyson who had perished there. Bo then drew the energies from all of those around her, including Trick to revive Dyson in her first widely known display of her power. Later Trick revealed a lock-box he possessed which contained an old drawing of a mythical creature which looked something like a Pegasus rearing up while drawing something, likely Chi, from a group of either Fae or humans, Trick seemed to have been very concerned about this and what it could mean for the future.
During Delinquents, Trick provided information to Bo which helped to solve a murder case and also helped Bo to save Lauren's life when she was attacked by a human who was romantically involved with a Fae responsible for the murders. During Adventures In Fae-bysitting Trick used his knowledge of Fae to help Bo and Kenzi discover that a Duppy, a kind of Fae spirit, was being controlled by a trio of humans to kill others in their community. During the episode Trick also had to deal with one of the tunnels under the Dal flooding, a back-order of Guinness arrived and two Centaurs started a fight over a woman in the Dal Riata. Trick also provides comfort to Bo when she was asked by Lisa, the Duppy, to end her life.
Hail, Hale brought Trick into direct conflict with The Morrigan when Hale was about to be proclaimed as The Ash. Trick had prepared the Dal Riata for Hale's inauguration with Kenzi's assistance. He seemed to be very pleased with events and all seemed to be well until The Morrigan arrived to attend the event at Hale's request, but without Trick's permission. At one point Trick and Kenzi have a conversation about humans being held by Fae and Kenzi mused about creating a union. Trick, whether jokingly or not, told her that the last human that tried such a thing did not fare well, the human being Jimmy Hoffa. During the episode, the Dal Riata suffered an attack when [[[Dyson]] was taken by a group of humans with the help of a Fae bartender. Trick, Hale and Bo attempted to obtain answers from the Fae, but he committed suicide in their presence after both Trick and Hale threatened his life. As The Morrigan raised the fears of the Fae over humans, Trick attempted to have Kenzi leave for her own safety, but was unable to do so. He also attempted to sway the vote that The Morrigan held about humans, but also was not able to do so. Trick escaped the Dal Riata, but in doing so he left Kenzi to the mercy of The Morrigan and her henchman. However, before he completed his escape, he was captured by two men, placed into the trunk of a car, and driven away to an unknown destination.
In the Third Season finale Those Who Wander, it was revealed that Trick had been kidnapped by persons loyal to Hale who took Trick to a meeting with him far away from the danger that The Morrigan represented. After Hale rescued Trick, he was reunited with Stella Nashira. At the urging of both Hale and Stella, Trick left with her for Scotland to be safe from what was coming as Hale with the assistance of Vex dealt with The Morrigan.
At the end of the Third Season, Trick had seemingly abandoned the Dal Riata due to the threat of The Morrigan and left for Scotland in the company of Stella Nashira, a Fae he had become romantically involved with. It was unclear if he was to return or not at that point in time, what would happen to the Dal Riata with his not being present, and the ramifications of his departure for Bo, Dyson, Kenzi, Hale and Trick's other friends.
Between the Third and Fourth Seasons, according to the webisode Prophecy, Trick and Stella had broken off their relationship at some point and he returned to the Dal Riata to find the damage caused when Bo had been taken. Through the use of a Fae divining board, Trick came to the realization that the Una Mens were coming soon, but what he may or may not have done to prepare for that event was not explained.
His first appearance in the Fourth Season was in the premiere episode In Memoriam where he, like everyone else that had known of Bo's existence, had their memories altered. While he still appeared to own the Dal Riata, his relationship with Kenzi had been altered in that her relationship with Trick was similar to that of Bo's relationship with him. After confronting Kenzi about some items she had tried to take from him, he came into contact with a photograph of Bo which had a significant physical effect on him. Having asked for more information from Kenzi about the woman that had hired her to find Bo, Trick came into contact with his daughter Aife. He found her moments before Kenzi and Dyson returned everyone's memories. Before that occurred, it appeared their meeting would be positive as Aife had no sign of her previously seen insanity. Once the missing memories of Bo had been returned, Aife attacked Trick with a knife as the episode ended.
In Sleeping Beauty School, Trick had survived Aife's attack, showing knife cuts on one arm as evidence of the attack. With the help of the compass that Kenzi had recovered in the previous episode, he came to the conclusion that Bo was no longer on their normal plain of existence which then set Dyson on a quest to find her. Trick also was in search of an item which Kenzi had stolen, but she did not reveal to Trick that she had and intended to use it as partial payment for Massimo's services to her.
Let the Dark Times Roll was an important moment in Trick's story. It was revealed that he was responsible for the creation of the Una Mens. He also held a final key they needed to become unstoppable should he use it and become part of them. After being questioned by the Una Mens, they declared Trick the New Acting Ash of the Light Fae.
In Of All the Gin Joints, Trick did not act as New Acting Ash, nor did he make any reference to his role as such. He did however assist Bo in dealing with what appeared to be a hostage situation by giving her clues in how to defuse the situation.
During La Fae Époque, it was noted the Trick had been acting in his role as the New Acting Ash, but this was not shown in the episode. Trick's appearance was in the memories of Dyson set in 1890 France where their first meeting was shown as well as the moment when Trick revealed himself to be the Blood King to Dyson who swore fealty to him and then accompanied Trick to the New World to start a Fae colony there.
In Groundhog Fae, Trick was present at Bo's home where a Yule celebration was being held. At some point during the celebrations, Trick became drunk and ended up in Bo's bathtub. Bo and Tamsin found Trick there and attempted to gain information they needed to break a time loop from him, but did not gain much information. Bo confronted Trick during one of these loops, asking him why he had not been helping her to find The Wanderer and Trick's answer was that he was scared of The Wanderer and what he represented.
Much about Trick was revealed in Destiny's Child during which his past actions as the Blood King and his connection to The Wanderer were explained. Through his actions in visiting Dao Ming, Wai Lin's sister, whom Trick had visited during the episode Barometz. Trick. Pressure., Trick was forced to tell the truth in order to uncover memories that were locked away from him. Trick believed that he covered up those memories himself to hide his actions as the Blood King and as well his knowledge of who and what The Wanderer was. It was revealed that as the Blood King, Trick was arrogant and a tyrant who lorded his power over all those that did not follow his rules or opposed him. As part of this, Trick revealed that he was responsible for causing an earthquake which killed hundreds of thousands of souls. He also claimed to be responsible for the deaths of millions, but also claimed that he did so to avoid a genocide. When asked who he loves, Trick answers at first he loves Isabeau, bit then is forced to answer: "Me! I am the first son of this Earth! I am the one to be worshiped!" As the questioning continues, the blocks on his memories are removed and he remembered what he did with regards to The Wanderer. What Trick did exactly was revealed through the actions of Kenzi and Tamsin who used Trick's book of blood in an attempt to find answers. When Tamsin touched the book, her name appeared in blood on one page three times and then a flashback occurred where it was revealed that Trick made a deal with Tamsin to give her a new life and a chance to redeem herself in exchange for her not taking Rainer's soul to Valhalla, but instead leaving it to Trick's mercy. He would then use his blood to write Rainer out of history, trapping him in eternity and never allowing him to return. Trick then returned to the Dal Riata, not being aware that Tamsin was now aware of her true past, and was present when Bo returned from the Death Train having released The Wanderer, now known as Rainer, from his imprisonment and declaring him to be her "destiny".
In Waves, Trick made a short appearance at the end of the episode asking Bo not to kill the Una Mens should Rainer, The Wanderer ask her to do so. He did not know at the time that Bo had already done so and his request was far too late.
During End of a Line, Trick told Vex about his father, calling Vex's father one of the bravest men he had known. Trick also bemoaned that he could have been a better King. Trick also confronted Vex, asking if he was the one that had stolen the Original Seed. While Vex did not outright admit this to Trick, it seemed to be likely.
He next appeared in Origin where Lauren overheard Trick speaking with The Morrigan who suggested that the best course of events was to kill Bo and Rainer before they came after the leaders of the Fae. Trick would have nothing to do with this plan and instead suggested that they set aside their differences in order to prepare for what was going to happen as a result of Bo's actions.
Trick appeared in the season finale Dark Horse where he learned for the first time that Bo was aware of her father and what he might represent. Trick made it clear to Bo that he did not have any clear idea of who her father was, but he did explain that Bo had hybrid Light/Dark blood which gave her the powers of her mother and her father such that she can drains Chi for nourishment or self-survival and as well draw life from many victims and more importantly to transfer that life force to someone other than Bo herself. Rainer stated that Trick was responsible, when he was the Blood King for separating children from their families and watching as they were burned at the stake if they didn't choose from Light or Dark. At a later point in the episode, Trick had The Morrigan as a guest in his lair, she becoming drunk and flirting with him, but also giving him a clue about how to stop Bo's Father from arriving on Earth. Following this, Trick went to join Dyson and Tamsin in defending the portal Bo's Father was going to use as a means to escape from Hel. He battled with them, using a long staff, and bore witness to Kenzi sacrificing her life to stop the threat they were faced with. He also watched as Tamsin collected Kenzi and took her to Valhalla. However, where he was afterwards was not revealed in the episode.
As of the end of the Fourth Season, Trick's whereabouts were unclear, though it was likely he had returned to the Dal Riata and as well was continuing to act as the New Acting Ash.
Trick's first appearance in the Fifth Season was in the season premiere Like Hell, Part I where he met with Bo, Dyson and Lauren at two points in the episode. Trick had possession of one of the Helskor which Tamsin had given him for safekeeping, which he gave to Bo. Trick requested that if Bo should meet her Grandmother in Valhalla that she pass on a message for him as well. Following Bo's departure to Valhalls, Trick was given possession of Tamsin's diary for a short time where he gained some information about the other realms where Bo had vanished to before returning the diary to Lauren.
In Like Hell, Part II, Trick provided a Ouija board which Kenzi used in an attempt to contact Bo in Hel and help free her. The board had last been seen during the Season 3.5 webisode Prophecy where it had been used by Hale and Trick. He also appeared at the Dal Riata to speak to Dyson when Dyson was attempting to divert the attentions of a Valkyrie who was seeking a soul close to Bo. At the end of the episode, Trick hosted a celebration party at the Dal Riata to mark the return of Bo and Kenzi back to their friends and family once more. Trick welcomes Bo home and then comments: "Two thousand years.Ten thousand books and yet the afterlife remains a mystery to me. What's it like?" Bo considers this a moment, then answers: "It's... um... personal." Also during the episode, a comment from Dyson seemed to indicate that Trick's role as The Acting Ash was at an end, as was that of The Morrigan, but this was unclear.
During Big in Japan, it was shown that Trick holds an occasional Karaoke night at the Dal Riata. Later in the episode, he had an an uncomfortable talk with Bo about sex and Succubi at one point. During this discussion, he revealed that Aife had "a dry spell" with sex and called it "the longest year of my life." Trick also indicated that, for Fae, sex is an important release to them, and orgasm is vital for succubi to live. When Bo almost died from an attack when she was unable to feed, Trick was present at Lauren's clinic and when Bo revealed her fear of losing everyone close to her, Trick explained: "We are the same blood. Wherever you go, I go. You'll never be alone."
In When God Opens a Window... Trick was rescued from a pair of thugs by Vex and after speaking with Vex, came to the decision to team him up with Dyson to investigate a trio of murders that had only a mark on their bodies connecting them. At first Dyson did not want anything to do with Vex save end his life, and Dyson told Trick that he no longer swore fealty to him, but to Bo. Trick then invoked his powers as the Acting Ash to compel Dyson to take the case and investigate, as well as taking Vex on as a partner to do so.
During It's Your Lucky Fae, Trick gave a finger from Alexander The Fay to Bo for her birthday, calling it a family heirloom that had been handed down for centuries in their family. Trick also provided a job for Dyson's son Mark at the Dal Riata. Trick had Mark sign the ledger of Fae names that Trick kept in his lair, but due to Mark's ineptitude, it was stolen soon afterwards when Mark had sex with a female Fae in Trick's lair. Trick provided information to Lauren and Tamsin that explained why Bo was becoming more catlike over time, the source of this transformation being a stuffed cat statue which contained a Aitvaras.
in Clear Eyes, Fae Hearts, Trick had an encounter with one of the Ancient Fae who asked for a drink to be made that Trick noted he hadn't made for over a thousand years. Later in the episode, Trick gave information to Lauren and Bo which indicated that a football player they were investigating was a Heraclid. This later led to a meeting between Trick, Bo, Dyson, Lauren and Tamsin where they began to put the pieces of the mystery together and Trick told of the existence of the Ancient Fae and that it seemed like they had returned for an unknown reason.
During Here Comes the Night, Trick was visited by the Oracles who showed him a vision of Isabeau, Trick's late wife, and attempted to obtain his truth. This failed when Mark interrupted the Oracles and they feld. Trick explained the purpose of the Oracles, that they sought out the truths of others and in doing so, took truth from them. Trick then interrupted the Oracles when they were attempting to obtain Bo's truth and afterwards learned from Bo that Bo was born in Hel, her father is Hades and Bo's lighting of Persephone's candle was the doorway that brought the Ancients back to Earth and allowed them to take human bodies as a means to exist on Earth.
In End of Faes, Trick was invited to a party behind held by the Ancient Fae for Bo. During this party, Trick came in contact with the Ancient Fae known as Zee, and commented that her clam dip was excellent. Trick also explained to Bo about who the Ancient Fae known as Iris actually was, and also the myth of the Jack-in-the-box that Bo's father gave her as a birthday present.
In 44 Minutes to Save the World, Trick advised one of the Fae Elders of the threat of the Nix, but was powerless when Iris, with the Nix possessing her, appeared and killed the Fae Elder. Trick had stolen the Aegis Shield from Zee, but was forced to return it to Zee when she confronted Trick in his lair. During this event, Trick attempted to use his blood to rewrite reality, but could not do so. This marked the first time Trick's powers did not work. At the end of the episode, Trick's condition after confronting Zee was unclear.
During Like Father, Like Daughter, Trick assisted Bo and Kenzi to discover the secret of the painting called "The Vanishing", partly through the use of some liquorice from the Dal Riata's candy jar. During a conversation that came from this, Trick told a juke about "Bo's candy" which seemed to go over a line with both Bo and Kenzi. Later in the episode, Trick advised Dyson about what should be done about Alycia Welles, leading eventually to Dyson claiming her, the two sharing a drink at the Dal Riata which Trick served them.
In Sweet Valkyrie High, Trick revealed how Hades became the ruler of Tartarus to Tamsin and Stacey. In doing so, he explained that after the Battle of Titans Zeus and Poseidon split the spoils of the Earth with Hades. Zeus got the sky, Poseidon the water, and Hades drew "the shortest straw", leaving him to preside over the underworld. According to Trick, Hades was enticed to take command of the underworld by a woman wearing a necklace of seduction, this being Freyja, the leader of the Valkyries.
During Judgement Fae, Trick was present when Dyson shared a surveillance video of Zee appearing at the local courthouse and killing a human that recognized her. Following this, Trick explained he would find any archaeological history about the courthouse to explain why it was so significant to the Ancients as it was noted the elevator accident which brought the Ancients to Earth also happened there. Later, Trick was present when Elizabeth, Zee's human host, appeared and using the information she provided revealed that Zee was seeing Hephaestus, also calling him Hepha, adding that he is the son of Zeus and Hera. Trick explained that Hepha is the forger of weaponry for the Ancients. and when Dyson wondered why Zee would give up her shield of protection, Trick explained that "Hepha grants only one weapon per God. Zeus could be trading it in for something stronger, more deadly." Trick also explained that to see Hepha, one must "be granted an audience with one of the Erinyes, the ministers of Justice." And after naming one of them, Elizabeth directed them to see Judge Megaera. Later in the episode, Trick spoke with Dyson as he attempted to process his feelings for the human Alycia that he had claimed previously. Trick told Dyson that "Bo will always be your greatest love, but that doesn't mean there isn't room for you to love another." When Dyson replied: "That's not the way of my kind. There are rules.", Trick mused: "For thousands of years I lived by the rules of the Light and the Dark. Because of that steadfast resolution, I tore my family apart. Sometimes the heart does what it likes despite what the rules say."
In Family Portrait, Trick was confronted by Bo when she learned that her mother, Aife, had been held in an institution and she had not been told about this. Over the course of the episode, Trick's relationship with Bo was strained and Bo turned her back on him. At one point, Trick admitted many of his mistakes, errors and faults to Bo before giving her all of the information he had on Aife. Following the realization by Bo that Hades, her father, had been manipulating her, Bo attempted to reconcile with Trick, but was unable to do so. Trick had attempted to rescue Aife, the two of them reconciling their relationship before Hades appeared. Bo then found both Trick and Aife placed in a diorama called "Family Portrait", Aife dead and Trick close to dying. Bo was able to speak to Trick long enough to know that he was proud of her and also to tell Bo that she was of his blood as well before he died, Bo kneeling next to his body. When Dyson found Bo, he discovered both Trick's and Aife's bodies and Bo kneeling next to them.
During Follow the Yellow Trick Road, a memorial for Trick had been placed in Bo's home, but the location where Trick was buried was not revealed. Following the events of the episode, Bo, Kenzi, Dyson, Lauren, Tamsin, Vex and Mark were present when Trick's will was read, initially by Bo and then Kenzi. The text of Trick will read: "To those I hold dear, it is with great pleasure, that I, Fitzpatrick McCorrigan, member of Clan Finarvin, leave the following: To Kenzi - the ring of Yggdrasil. This ring will grant you freedom from claiming, allowing you constant passage between the Fae and human worlds. To Lauren, my tomes of the Occult. There is a happy marriage between science and magic. I hope you find it one day. To Tamsin, eternal wanderer, perennially without habitat. I leave the blanket of Skeemotah; woven from the sky. As long as we are under the stars, we are home. To Vex, the compass of Nirad. You have found your light in the dark. Here's hoping that your path remains true. To my lieutenant Dyson, to you and Mark, I leave my beloved bar, the Dal Riata. A place of sanctuary in dark times. There is no man more able to provide this service. You are my son Dyson, now and forever. Please show Mark the way. And last, but not least, my Isabeau. I leave you my heart, and my eternal gratitude for what you have given me. My granddaughter. It is with deep pride that I look at the woman you've become: honourable, kind, strong. Life is not about finding your path, it is about creating one. Please don't forget... You are my blood too. Always and forever." After the will is read, there being nothing more said, Bo offers her hand to Kenzi, who takes Tamsin's, who takes Mark's, who takes Lauren's, who takes Dyson's, who takes Vex's and finally, Vex holds Bo's hand, the family together, joined. the last image of the Family being that of Trick's picture in his memorial, smiling, the words "In loving memory" written below.
Powers and Abilities
Trick is a Blood Sage which gives him the power to alter the world around him by using his blood and writing down what he desires which then becomes reality. There is a cost to using his powers and that generally means that a greater evil or darkness is unleashed.
He must use a collection of instruments in order to do so, these being a set of scissors and an ink bottle and pen. Trick has been seen to cut his left hand, put his blood into a vial, and then use it as ink to write with. He also must write his desires in an ancient Fae language. Soon after completing the task, whatever he has written down will happen. An example of this was seen in the episode Blood Lines where Trick used his powers to help Bo defeat her mother Aife. Upon Trick completing his task, letters similar to those he wrote appeared on Aife's forehead and her manners and mental state changed which in the end allowed Bo to win out over her.
A far larger and more important example was his use of power to alter the path that the Fae were following during the Great Fae War when Trick was known as The Blood King, a legendary figure in Fae history that forged a peace between the warring tribes of Fae that would eventually become the Light and the Dark. The day he did this became known as La Shoshain and is celebrated annually by the Fae.
In both cases there was a cost to Trick personally and the Fae in general. In the case of his ending the Great Fae War, Trick lost his wife and his daughter Aife was imprisoned. As well, he no longer held his position as The Blood King, being forced to disappear into the shadows of Fae society. In the case of Trick helping Bo defeat Aife, the consequence was the awakening of The Garuda who had been sleeping since Trick wrote in his blood to end the Great Fae War. This placed current Fae society and the world in jeopardy and led to the deaths of Lachlan and Ciara. It also forced Bo to kill Trick, though she returned him to life once more though at the cost of her being forced into The Dawning far too early in her life.
According to Trick, his powers only work when he writes in his blood of his own free will rather than being forced to do so. It also seems that he must be very specific in what he asks for, needing to write every detail of what he wants to occur, or it might be interpreted wrongly.
Trick's daughter Aife and granddaughter Bo seem to have inherited a degree of his power, allowing them to influence others if their blood mingles with the blood of others to any degree. While this has not been clearly seen in the case of Aife, Bo's abilities where seen in several episodes of the series during the second season.
Trick also has a great deal of skill with a long staff and has been seen in several Fourth Season episodes using one to defend himself in battle. Trick's abilities with a sword or blade have not been seen clearly.
Beyond Trick's Fae powers, he is well versed in Fae history, myths and legends. He owns or has access to a vast collection of books, scrolls, and various items of power which he keeps in his lair located under the Dal Riata bar which he owns. Trick's formal role is as the way-keeper of the only neutral Fae ground in the city and all Fae appear there when they arrive in the city to check in with him. As part of that role, Trick also is well versed in the art of bar-keeping as well. Having, as of the Fourth Season, become The New Acting Ash, Trick's role in the Dal Riata has been muted slightly, but he still maintains it as his home.
Appearances in the Lost Girl Series
- It's a Fae, Fae, Fae, Fae World
- Where There's a Will, There's a Fae
- Oh Kappa, My Kappa
- Faetal Attraction
- Dead Lucky
- Food for Thought
- Fae Day
- The Mourning After
- Faetal Justice
- (Dis)Members Only
- Blood Lines
- Something Wicked This Fae Comes
- I Fought the Fae (And the Fae Won)
- Scream a Little Dream
- Mirror, Mirror
- BrotherFae of the Wolves
- It's Better to Burn Out Than Fae Away
- Fae Gone Wild
- Death Didn't Become Him
- Original Skin
- Raging Fae
- Can't See the Fae-Rest
- Barometz. Trick. Pressure.
- Midnight Lamp
- Table for Fae
- School's Out
- The Girl Who Fae'd With Fire
- Fae-nted Love
- Truth and Consequences
- Lachlan's Gambit
- Into the Dark
- Flesh and Blood
- Caged Fae
- Fae-de To Black
- Faes Wide Shut
- The Kenzi Scale
- There's Bo Place Like Home
- Fae-ge Against The Machine
- The Ceremony
- Adventures In Fae-bysitting
- Hail, Hale
- Those Who Wander
- In Memoriam
- Sleeping Beauty School
- Let the Dark Times Roll
- Of All the Gin Joints
- La Fae Époque
- Groundhog Fae
- Destiny's Child
- End of a Line
- Dark Horse
- Like Hell, Part I
- Like Hell, Part II
- Big in Japan
- When God Opens a Window...
- It's Your Lucky Fae
- Clear Eyes, Fae Hearts
- Here Comes the Night
- End of Faes
- 44 Minutes to Save the World
- Like Father, Like Daughter
- Sweet Valkyrie High
- Judgement Fae
- Family Portrait
- Follow the Yellow Trick Road - Did not appear except as a photograph
Information revealed in the series
- Trick's proper name is Fitzpatrick McCorrigan, and he was formally known as The Blood King before he became the owner of the Dal Riata.
- Trick as been referred to as Fitzpatrick MacCoriegan of Clan Fin Arvin.
- Trick seems to bave a good deal of respect from the Fae community at large, has much knowledge about the Fae and their history, and otherwise operates the Dal Riata, the only neutral ground which both Light Fae and Dark Fae could meet at freely.
- Trick provides a source of information about the Fae that has been jokingly called Trickopedia.
- In Dead Lucky it appeared the Trick had a Troll that lived in his lair.
- Trick cares about Kenzi and Bo, Bo as his granddaughter, and Kenzi as part of his family in spite of the verbal sparring that happens between them.
- Trick's granddaughter is Aife.
- His wife was named Isabeau and Bo is named after her.
- Dyson either owes Trick or Trick has come kind of control over Dyson, though what that might be exactly has never been revealed. It is clear however that from the beginning of the series that Dyson was well aware that Trick was the Blood King.
- During Barometz. Trick. Pressure., Trick revealed the following: In 1419 he possessed a lock-box with the skull of a very dangerous man which Trick buried somewhere, but did not reveal where that was. He also revealed that his wife, Isabeau, was killed in battle and that he held himself responsible for her death.
- Trick was possessed by The Garuda at one point in an attempt to alter reality using Trick's blood powers, but was stopped.
- At one time he possessed a vial of his wife Isabeau's life essence which Bo used to revive Trick after he had been possessed by The Garuda.
- Trick guided Hale on his path to becoming The Ash. The Morrigan however stopped those plans and created strife within the Fae.
- Trick was come to see Kenzi as part of his family, seemingly as another daughter.
- Beneath the Dal Riata, Trick has cells which seem to contain UnderFae who have failed the test of The Dawning.
- Trick, in the latter part of the Third Season, became romantically involved with Stella Nashira, a Fae who helped Bo to pass her Dawning.
- Trick was responsible for the creation of the Una Mens when he was the Blood King.
- Trick holds a kind of biological key which should he use would make the Una Mens unstoppable as he would be joined with them in what resembles a hive mind, they then having all of the Blood King's powers.
- Trick sees the Una Mens as being evil and without feeling, their "humanity" lost and their actions uncalled for.
- Trick was declared the New Acting Ash by the Una Mens in the fifth episode of the Fourth Season.
- Dyson swore fealty to the Blood King and accompanied him to the New World as his second in La Fae Époque.
- It is possible that Trick took the name Trick from his first meeting with Dyson when Dyson called him Trick.
- In 1890s France, Trick had hidden himself as a monk while he prepared for his voyage to the New World.
- During Groundhog Fae, Trick was seen to be drunk for the first time in the series. He also admitted to Bo that he was scared of The Wanderer and that was the reason he was not helping Bo to find him.
- Apparently, Kenzi was the one to find Trick after the event of the first season finale Blood Lines passed out in his lair after using his blood to help Bo defeat Aife.
- Trick in the past used to store some of his blood in an inkwell in the event he needed it.
- According to Trick he first used his powers of blood to rewrite history to cause the Damghan Earthquake in order to "teach their leaders a lesson." The actual event referenced occurred on December 22, 856 AD along the southern edge of the eastern Alborz mountains of present-day Iran. It caused approximately 200,000 deaths and is listed as the sixth deadliest earthquake in recorded history.
- Trick admits to being responsible for the deaths of "millions of souls."
- When asked who he loves, Trick answers: "Me! I am the first son of this Earth! I am the one to be worshiped!"
- When Trick was the Blood King, he used his powers to write Rainer, The Wanderer, out of history.
- Trick was told by Dao Ming that even though he has great powers he cannot escape fate or change his own nature.
- Trick made a deal with Tamsin to give her a new life and a chance to redeem herself in exchange for her not taking Rainer's soul to Valhalla, but instead leaving it to Trick's mercy. He would then use his blood to write Rainer out of history, trapping him in eternity and never allowing him to return.
- Trick describes Rainer as his mortal enemy to Dyson and Lauren.
- Trick was present when Bo returned from the Death Train, Rainer, The Wanderer, beside her and declared him her "destiny".
- Trick arrived after Bo and Rainer battled the Una Mens and asked Bo not to kill them for doing so would be a worse fate.
- The seed that Trick possessed had been stolen by persons unknown prior to Bo attacking the Una Mens.
- Upon the death of the members of the Una Mens, their powers were collected by the seed that Trick once possessed and should someone use it they will have all of the powers of the Una Mens in a single body and mind. At the end of that episode, a hand belonging to an unknown person was seen stretching out towards the seed covered in blood.
- Trick told Vex that Vex's father was one of the bravest men he had ever known.
- Vex admitted to Trick that he was responsible for the deaths of his own family when he betrayed them to save his own life.
- Trick confronted Vex about the missing Origin Seed, asking if he had stolen it. Vex danced around the question, but seems to be responsible for that action.
- Trick defended Bo when The Morrigan suggested that one option would be to kill Bo and Rainer after the ending of the Una Mens. Trick refused to allow this to occur and instead suggested that they put aside their differences for another purpose.
- According to Rainer, when Trick was the Blood King he: "separated children from their families and watched as they were burned at the stake if they didn't choose from Light or Dark."
- Trick swears to Bo that he does not know the identity of her father at this point in the series, nor did he prior to this point.
- Trick reveals to Bo: "Aife has my Light blood. The blood of a mage. The blood that drains blood for nourishment or self-survival. But the blood of your father, whoever he may be, allows you to draw life from many victims and more importantly to transfer that life force to someone other than yourself. You've inherited the abilities of both your mother and your father."
- Trick had The Morrigan as his guest in his lair before Bo's battle with Massimo and before Trick went to fight at the side of Dyson and Tamsin.
- Trick was last seen with Bo and Dyson after Tamsin left for Valhalla with Kenzi at the end of the Fourth Season.
- At the beginning of the Fifth Season, Trick had possession of one of the Helskor as Tamsin had given the one she had taken from Bo to him.
- Trick gave the Helskor he had to Bo so that she could travel to Valhalla.
- Trick had possession of Tamsin's diary for a short time.
- It is unclear, but in Like Hell, Part II, a conversation Trick had with Bo seemed to suggest that he might well be at least two thousand years old. It also seemed to suggest that he had read well over ten thousand books about the afterlife, but still could not lift the veil of secrecy and discover the truth, not even when he asked Bo about what it was like there.
- Trick seems to have the occasional Karaoke night at the Dal Riata.
- Trick had an uncomfortable talk with Bo about sex and Succubi at one point. During this discussion, he revealed that Aife had "a dry spell" with sex and called it "the longest year of my life."
- Trick also indicated that, for Fae, sex is an important release to them, and orgasm is vital for succubi to live.
- Trick was present at Lauren's clinic when Bo almost died when she was unable to feed.
- When Bo revealed her fear of losing everyone close to her, Trick explained: "We are the same blood. Wherever you go, I go. You'll never be alone."
- Vex, apparently, though it might have been a set-up, rescued Trick from a pair of thugs.
- For the first time in a while, Trick used his position as the Acting Ash to help drive Dyson into working with Vex during When God Opens a Window....
- Dyson clearly stated to Trick that he swore fealty to Bo and no longer served the Blood King's will.
- Mark, Dyson's son, got a job at the Dal Riata through Trick cleaning tables and doing general labour.
- Trick's ledger of Fae names was stolen by Iris using Mark as a means to gain access to Trick's lair.
- Mark has had sex in Trick's lair at least once.
- Mark has been under pouring drinks while tending bar in order to have his own free drinks at the Dal Riata, but Vex caught him at his game.
- Trick advised Lauren and Tamsin that Bo was under a curse from a Aitvaras which was turning her into a cat in return for giving Bo good luck and giving Lauren bad luck.
- On Bo's birthday, Trick gave her a finger from Alexander The Fay.
- A Coquetel is described as "the original cocktail" by Trick and is made with Ambrosia spirits, bark from the Chuchuhuasi tree soaked in rum, and a boiled egg. According to Trick, it is said that the Ancients called this drink 'the drink of prophesy'.
- A Heraclid, which are not Fae, are a kind of human who have exceptional genes and are descendants of Hercules. They are strong, fast and incredibly resilient according to Trick.
- Trick related a story where he explained: "When I was a boy. I heard stories of an ancient order that channeled their children's energy to gain power." Trick explained that humans had many names for the Ancients, but they have not existed for thousands of years and if the legends are true, the Ancients are the most powerful Fae family that ever lived.
- The Oracles found that Trick's truth was that he misses Isabeau, his late wife and wishes to reunite with her.
- Trick explained that: "Zeus is known for giving Oracles their vision. He sent them."
- Trick also explained that: "Oracles are all knowing. They appear to us as the person our heart most desires."
- Trick became aware for the first time in Here Comes the Night that Bo was born in Hel, her father is Hades and Bo's lighting of Persephone's candle was the doorway that brought the Ancients back to Earth and allowed them to take human bodies as a means to exist on Earth.
- Trick attended a party that the Ancient Fae held for Bo.
- Apparently, Zee's clam dip at the party was a big hit, at least with Trick.
- Iris is, according to Trick, The Nix, which Trick describes as a primordial force of evil born from chaos.
- Trick tells Bo about a toy box that can contain evil. Trick calls it "the original Jack-in-the-box" and adds "only a box of Adamantine, the ore of Ancients, could contain such evil."
- End of Faes marked the first time that Bo told Trick of the box, he not being aware of it before this.
- At the end of End of Faes, Trick's location was unknown, but can be assumed to be at the Dal Riata were he was last seen.
- Trick met with a Fae Elder to discuss the threat of the Ancients, but was powerless to stop an attack by Iris as the Nix.
- At one point, Trick possessed the Aegis Shield which he stole from Zee.
- Zee confronted Trick, forcing him to give up the shield, but the cost of doing so was unclear.
- Trick mentions ways of making someone forget about the Fae, but these are not expanded on.
- According to Trick, the painting "The Vanishing" depicts the last time the Ancients were seen on Earth before they vanished. Oddly there are echoes in the art of the painting The Last Supper.
- Trick's comments about the painting, specifically the story about the song, seems to refer more to Sirens than the painting.
- Trick made a joke about Bo's "candy" that didn't go over well with Bo or Kenzi.
- Trick advised Dyson that he needed to claim Alycia Welles to protect the Fae and her as well.
- Trick served Dyson and Alycia Welles a drink at the Dal Riata.
- Trick revealed to Tamsin that he has been only doing research of late into Hades' past.
- Trick tells of what happened after the Battle of Titans where Zeus and Poseidon split the spoils of the Earth with Hades. Zeus got the sky, Poseidon the water, and Hades drew "the shortest straw", leaving him to preside over the underworld.
- According to Trick, Hades was enticed to take command of the underworld by a woman wearing a necklace of seduction called the Brisingamen Necklace which is the torc or necklace of the goddess Freyja.
- Trick became aware of Zee being still on Earth through the video which Dyson shared.
- Trick deduced that Zee had seen Hephaestus, also known as Hepha at the courthouse where she had been seen.
- Trick assumed that Zee gave up her Aegis Shield to Hepha so that it could be transformed into another weapon.
- Megaera is described by Trick as one of the ministers of Justice.
- Dyson claimed that, by the rules of his kind, he is allowed only one love. Trick disputed this, telling him while Bo is his greatest love, there is room for another.
- Trick admitted to Dyson that: "For thousands of years I lived by the rules of the Light and the Dark. Because of that steadfast resolution, I tore my family apart. Sometimes the heart does what it likes despite what the rules say."
- Aife had been imprisoned in a mental institution since she attacked Trick in the episode In Memoriam.
- Trick tells of encountering Aife when she was sane. This was during the episode In Memoriam.
- Trick informed Bo that Aife had been in the Fae mental institution and that she had escaped the night before the time the episode Family Portrait is set.
- Trick admits to Bo: "I'm not perfect. I've destroyed lives. Cursed nobel warriors. Torn families apart, including my very own! And if I had told you all of that when I first met you, you never would have let me into your life."
- Trick also told Bo that: "Think Bo! Her strength and powers combined with my blood? The perfect fertile ground for what he wanted to create! You! There was no saving, only the intention to create and use."
- Trick told Bo: "When someone recounts the past, it becomes a narrative, a story. I have mine, your mother has hers and he has his. And now you, Bo Dennis, need yours. And for it to be true, you need to draw your own conclusions find your own truth.
- Trick gave Bo all of the information he had on Aife from the institution she was held in and everything that he, himself, had gathered. Through viewing this information, Bo learned that Trick had looked after Aife, but also that Hades had impersonated her and visited Aife and had been intimate with Tamsin.
- Bo attempted to make amends with Trick, but was unable to do so before Trick left to attempt to rescue Aife.
- Trick attempted to rescue Aife from the institution before Hades arrived, but failed to do so. Hades then captured both and took them to his condominium.
- Trick called Aife "my little fighter." Aife tells Trick: "You've always hated that about me."
- Aife told Trick that he saved Bo.
- Trick stood up to Hades, telling him: "I'm taking my daughter home. This ends tonight." Hades replied: "Yes. It does."
- When Bo entered the condominium, she was greeted by a posed diorama called Family Portrait in which Trick was sitting on a throne and Aife was kneeling beside him, their throats cut and bleeding out. Aife appeared to be dead, while Trick was still alive, if barely so.
- Trick's last words to Bo were: "Always remember. You are my blood too."
- Trick perished in Family Portrait, a memorial to his memory is in Bo's home. It is not told where Trick is buried.
- Bo, Kenzi, Dyson, Lauren, Tamsin, Vex and Mark were present when Trick's will was read, initially by Bo and then Kenzi.
- The text of Trick will reads: "To those I hold dear, it is with great pleasure, that I, Fitzpatrick McCorrigan, member of Clan Finarvin, leave the following: To Kenzi - the ring of Yggdrasil. This ring will grant you freedom from claiming, allowing you constant passage between the Fae and human worlds. To Lauren, my tomes of the Occult. There is a happy marriage between science and magic. I hope you find it one day. To Tamsin, eternal wanderer, perennially without habitat. I leave the blanket of Skeemotah; woven from the sky. As long as we are under the stars, we are home. To Vex, the compass of Nirad. You have found your light in the dark. Here's hoping that your path remains true. To my lieutenant Dyson, to you and Mark, I leave my beloved bar, the Dal Riata. A place of sanctuary in dark times. There is no man more able to provide this service. You are my son Dyson, now and forever. Please show Mark the way. And last, but not least, my Isabeau. I leave you my heart, and my eternal gratitude for what you have given me. My granddaughter. It is with deep pride that I look at the woman you've become: honourable, kind, strong. Life is not about finding your path, it is about creating one. Please don't forget... You are my blood too. Always and forever."
- After the will is read, there being nothing more said, Bo offers her hand to Kenzi, who takes Tamsin's, who takes Mark's, who takes Lauren's, who takes Dyson's, who takes Vex's and finally, Vex holds Bo's hand, the family together, joined. the last image of the scene being that of Trick's picture in his memorial, smiling, the words "In loving memory" written below.
- Kenzi received the ring of Yggdrasil. It gives Kenzi freedom from claiming, allowing constant passage between the Fae and human worlds
- Lauren received Trick's tomes of the Occult.
- Tamsin received the blanket of Skeemotah.
- Vex received the compass of Nirad.
- Dyson and Mark received the Dal Riata.
- Bo did not receive physical gifts, but rather the knowledge that Trick loved her dearly and completely.
- Trick's actual last appearance was in the episode Family Portrait where he passed away after being attacked by Hades. An image of Trick appeared on a memorial for Trick in Bo's home during the following episode Follow the Yellow Trick Road
- Notably in the episodes Fae-nted Love and Flesh and Blood