On July 18th, 2016, the 4,000th article was added to the SuccuWiki!
Thralls of Malcanthet
An elf thrall of Malcanthet
Thralls of Malcanthet|
Thrall of Malcanthet
|Type||Allegiance to Malcanthet, becoming a Minion|
|Effects||You bind yourself to Malcanthet, gaining some power over their portfolio|
|First appearance||Dragon #353|
Thralls of Malcanthet, in the 3rd edition Dungeons & Dragons role playing game ruleset, is a additional source of power which can be given to characters when they swear allegiance to the Queen of Succubi Malcanthet.
The first appearance was in Dragon #353 as part of the article The Demonomicon of Iggwilv: Malcanthet by James Jacobs.
Malcanthet often refers to her thralls almost lovingly as her favored children. These are mortal hedonists and seducers who have given their entire lives over to the fulfillment of pleasure and pain. Only when working to subvert the values and morals of the innocent do they turn from this consuming need and it is said that each emotional and physical climax achieved by these thralls is felt in turn by their lascivious mistress deep in Shendilavri.
Thralls of Malcanthet often lead her cults on the Material Plane, but just as often work in secret in the employ of dockside brothels or in the harems of powerful kings. Malcanthet allows only women to become her thralls, for only they can properly transmit the particular thrills and rewards the Queen of Succubi seeks to harvest from the Material Plane.
Bards find it easiest to become one of Malcanthet's thralls, although thaumaturges and sorcerers are far from uncommon. In cases where thaumaturges or sorcerers don't multiclass, the skill requirements for this prestige generally prevent them from becoming thralls for a few additional levels. Although the prestige class is primarily suited spellcasters, rogues, fighters, and egoists have been known to become thralls of Malcanthet as well. Monks who have turned away from law can make particularly devastating thralls of Malcanthet, since their high unarmored Armor Class and skill at grappling foes works quite well with several of the classes granted powers. Typically, a monk, fighter, or rogue takes a level of sorcerer just before entering this prestige class just so they can gain the full advantages the class has to offer.
To qualify to become a thrall of Malcanthet, a character must fulfill all the following criteria:
- Alignment: Chaotic Evil
- Gender: Female
- Skills: Bluff 9 ranks, Diplomacy 9 ranks, Perform (any two) 5 ranks
- Feats: Persuasive, Spell Focus (enchantment), Thrall to Demon (Malcanthet)
- Special: Must willingly murder someone who loves you.
|Level|| Base Attack
|1st||+0||+0||+0||+2|| Profane beauty
|2nd||+1||+0||+0||+3||Betrayal|| +1 level of existing|
|3rd||+1||+1||+1||+3||Sneak attack +1d6|| +1 level of existing|
|4th||+2||+1||+1||+4||Charming voice|| +1 level of existing|
|5th||+2||+1||+1||+4|| Draining kiss
Sinner's beauty +2
|6th||+3||+2||+2||+5||Sneak attack +2d6|| +1 level of existing|
|7th||+3||+2||+2||+5||Reflect enchantment|| +1 level of existing|
|8th||+4||+2||+2||+6||Dominating voice|| +1 level of existing|
|9th||+4||+3||+3||+6||Sneak attack +3d6||-|
|10th||+5||+3||+3||+7|| Sinner's beauty +4
| +1 level of existing|
| Balance (Dex), Bluff (Cha), Concentration (Con), Craft (Int), Diplomacy (Cha), Disguise (Cha),|
Escape Artist (Dex), Forgery (Int), Gather Information (Cha), Intimidate (Cha),
Knowledge (nobility and royalty) (Int), Knowledge (religion) (Int), Knowledge (the planes) (Int),
Perform (Cha), Profession (Wis), Sense Motive (Wis), Sleight of Hand (Dex), Speak Language,
Tumble (Dex), Use Magic Device (Cha), Use Rope (Dex)
Skill Points at Each Level: 6 + Int modifier
All of the following are class features of the thrall of Malcanthet prestige class.
- Weapon and Armor Proficiency: Thralls of Malcanthet gain Exotic Weapon Proficiency (whip) and Exotic Weapon Proficiency (scourge) as bonus feats.
- Spells Per Day: At every level save for 1st, 5th, and 9th, a thrall of Malcanthet gains new spells per day as if she had also gained a level in a spellcasting class she belonged to before adding the prestige class. She does not gain any other benefits a character of that class would have gained, except for an increased effective level of spellcasting. If she had more than one spellcasting class before becoming a Thrall of Malcanthet, she must decide which class she adds the new level for purposes of determining spells per day.
- Profane Beauty (Ex): As long as a thrall of Malcanthet wears no armor and wields no shield, she gains a deflection bonus to her armor class equal to her Charisma bonus, to a maximum bonus equal to her class level.
- Telepathic Gaze (Ex): A thrall of Malcanthet can communicate telepathically to any creature within 100 feet that meets her gaze. While communicating in this manner, she can read his surface thoughts as if she had cast detect thoughts and concentrated on the target for 3 rounds. The target can attempt a Will Save (DC 10 + the thrall's class level + her Charisma modifier). If she can read the targets surface thoughts, she gains a +5 circumstance bonus on Bluff, Diplomacy, or Intimidate checks made against that opponent.
- Betrayal (Su): At 2nd level, a thrall of Malcanthet's attacks are particularly devastating to those who believe her to be an ally. If she ever deals damage to an ally with a weapon or a spell, the ally must make a Will saving throw (DC 10 + the thrall's class level + her Charisma modifier) or be stunned for 1d4 rounds.
- Sneak Attack (Ex): Beginning at 3rd level, a thrall of Malcanthet deals an extra 1d6 damage whenever a foe is denied Dexterity bonus or is flanked by the thrall. This increases to 2d6 points at 6th level, and 3d6 points at 9th level. If the thrall gets a sneak attack bonus from another source, the bonuses to damage stack.
- Charming Voice (Su): At 4th level, the thrall's voice becomes beguiling. She gains a +4 bonus to Bluff, Diplomacy, and Intimidate checks, and the save DC for any language-dependent spells she casts gains a +1 profane bonus. Once per day, she may attempt to charm a creature of her same type as a spell-like ability, provided that can hear and understand her voice. This otherwise duplicates the effects of a charm monster (caster level equals the thrall's class level).
- Sinner's Beauty (Su): When a thrall of Malcanthet reaches 5th level, her appearance takes on an otherwordly and arousing beauty. Her Charisma increases by 2 points. At 10th level, her beauty increases even more, increasing her Charisma score by another 2 points.
- Draining Kiss (Su): When she becomes 5th level, a thrall of Malcanthet can drain energy from a creature she lures into some act of passion or by simply planting a kiss on the victim. If the target is not willing, she must successfully grapple him first. The kiss bestows 1 negative level. The victim must succeed a Fortitude save (DC 10 + the thrall's class level + her Charisma modifier) to remove the negative level. This ability may be used up to three times per day.
- Reflect Enchantment (Ex): At 7th level, a thrall of Malcanthet can reflexively reflect enchantment spells that target her and fail to affect her. Up to three times per day, as an immediate action, a thrall of Malcanthet who makes her saving throw to resist any spell of the school of enchantment may immediately reflect that spell back at its source, as if she had cast the spell on the target. This defense works only against enchantment spells negated by successful saving throws.
- Dominating Voice (Su): At 8th level, the thrall's charming voice becomes more potent. She gains a +8 competence bonus on Bluff, Diplomacy, and Intimidate checks and the save DC for any language dependent spells she casts gains a +2 profane bonus. Once per day, she may attempt to dominate a creature of her type as a spell-like ability, provided that creature can hear and understand her voice. This otherwise duplicates the effects of dominate monster (caster level equals the thrall's class level).
- Succubus Form (Su): At 10th level, the thrall of Malcanthet gains the supernatural ability to transform into a succubus-like creature once per day. This transmutation requires a full-round action and lasts for 1 hour. During this time, the thrall gains the following benefits:
- +2 Strength, +2 Dexterity, +2 Constitution, +4 Charisma
- +9 natural armor bonus to her Armor Class
- Wings that grant a fly speed of 50 feet (average)
- Damage reduction 10/cold iron or good
- Darkvision 60 feet
- Immunity to electricity and poison
- Resistance to acid 10, cold 10, and fire 10
- Spell resistance 18
- She can use her draining kiss ability at will as long as she remains in this form; uses do not count against her regular limit of 3/day.
- Jacobs, James. "The Demonomicon of Iggwilv: Malcanthet." Dragon #353 (Paizo Publishing, 2007)