Thank you for over 9.1 million views of the SuccuWiki!
The Mammoth Book of Paranormal Romance
The Mammoth Book of Paranormal Romance is an anthology of 24 short stories edited by Trisha Telep.
- Title: The Mammoth Book of Paranormal Romance
- Author: Trisha Telep (Editor)
- Format: Mass Market Paperback
- Pages: 512
- Publisher: Running Press
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 0762436514
- ISBN-13: 978-0762436514
- Release Date: March 9, 2009
24 new short stories from the hottest names
Fall in love with someone out of this world.
If love transcends all boundaries then paranormal romance is its logical conclusion. From the biggest names around, here are 24 tales to take you to another time and place.
Let Alyssa Day, Sherrilyn Kenyon, Cheyenne McCray, Jeaniene Frost, Ilona Andrews, Kelley Armstrong, Maria V. Snyder, Carrie Vaughn, Allyson James Marland and others show you powers beyond your wildest imaginings.
Within these pages mythical beasts, magical creatures of all shapes and sizes, heart-stoppingly handsome ghosts, angels, and mortals with extra-sensitive sensory perception play out the themes of extraordinary desires.
Stories Within this anthology
- THE TEMPTATION OF ROBIN GREEN by Carrie Vaughn
- SUCCUBUS SEDUCTION by Cheyenne McCray
- PARANORMAL ROMANCE BLUES by Kelley Armstrong
- JOHN DOE by Anna Windsor
- TAKING HOLD by Anya Bast
- HOW TO DATE A SUPERHERO by jean Johnson
- DANIEL by CT Adams and Cathy Clamp
- LIGHT THROUGH FOG by Holly Lisle
- THE TUESDAY ENCHANTRESS by Mary Jo Putney
- TRINITY BLUE by Eve Silver
- GRACE OF SMALL MAGICS by Ilona Andrews
- ONCE A DEMON by Dina James
- NIGHT VISION by Maria V. Snyder
- PELE’S TEARS by Catherine Mulvaney
- PACK by Jeaniene Frost
- WHEN GARGOYLES FLY by Lori Devoti
- THE LIGHTHOUSE KEEPER AND HIS WIFE by Sara Mackenzie
- BLOOD SONG by Lynda Hilburn
- THE PRINCESS AND THE PEAS by Alyssa Day
- AT SECOND BITE by Michelle Rowen
- BLUE CRUSH by Rachel Caine
- THE WAGER by Sherrilyn Kenyon
- IN SHEEP’S CLOTHING by Meljean Brook
- THE DREAM CATCHER by Allyson James
Detail on short story: Succubus Seduction
The Queen of the Unseelie Court has commanded the succubus Lilin to take and bring her the soul of Archer, a handsome succesful architect. Three times she attempts the necessary seduction and fails, losing her immortality as a penalty of the Queens wrath. Stripped of her powers and ultimately her memory she goes to Archer because she has no place else to go. He becomes her protector and they fall in love.
At first this story struck me as predictable until we discover a secret about Archer’s true nature. Even then the Lilin/Archer falling into love storyline seemed unremarkable until a final twist nicely shows how remarkable indeed their relationship is and the price they are willing to pay for their love.
There were no book reviews available at the time of this article's addition to the SuccuWiki