On July 18th, 2016, the 4,000th article was added to the SuccuWiki!
Succubus Nights Original Book Cover,
written by Richelle Mead
July 26, 2011 (eBook)|
May 5, 2008
(Mass Market Paperback)
Mass Market Paperback
369 Pages (eBook)|
(Mass Market Paperback)
|ISBN||978-0553819120 (Mass Market Paperback)|
|Preceded by||Succubus Blues|
|Followed by||Succubus Dreams|
Succubus Nights is a novel written by Richelle Mead and is part of the Georgina Kincaid book series. It is the second work of the series which was released under this title instead of the original, Succubus on Top, in the United Kingdom and France and was part of a six book series and two additional short stories. In this work the character Georgina Kincaid is a succubus living in the Seattle area who works at a bookstore there.
- Title: Succubus Nights
- Author: Richelle Mead
- Published By: Bantam
- Length: 369 Pages (eBook)
480 Pages (Mass Market Paperback)
- Format: Mass Market Paperback and eBook
- ASIN: B00598KKL2 (eBook)
- ISBN-10: 0553819127 (Mass Market Paperback)
- ISBN-13: 978-0553819120 (Mass Market Paperback)
- Publishing Date: July 26, 2011 (eBook)
- May 5, 2008 (Mass Market Paperback)
Other Works in this Series on SuccuWiki
- Succubus Blues
- Succubus on Top - This is the original book title of Succubus Nights
- Succubus Dreams
- Succubus Heat
- Succubus Shadows
- Succubus Revealed
- Brushstrokes (2007) (novella)
- City of Demons, Eternal Lover
Georgina Kincaid's job sucks.
Love hurts, and no one knows it better than Georgina Kincaid. If she so much as kisses Seth Mortensen, the shy, sexy, incredibly gifted Seattle writer she's been dating, she'll drain his life force. Georgina is a succubus-a demon who draws her power from other men's pleasure. Admittedly, the shapeshifting and immortality perks are terrific, and yes, Georgina did choose to join the ranks of hell centuries ago. But it seems completely unfair that a she-demon whose purpose is seduction can't get hot and heavy with the one mortal who knows and accepts her for who she is. It's not just her personal life that's in chaos. Doug, Georgina's co-worker at a local bookstore, has been exhibiting bizarre behavior, and Georgina suspects that something far more demonic than double espressos is at work. She could use help finding out, but Bastien, an irresistibly charming incubus and her best immortal friend, is preoccupied with corrupting an ultra-conservative talk radio star-and giving Georgina some highly distracting come-hither vibes. Georgina is going to have to work solo on this one-and fast because soon, Doug's life won't be the only one on the line.
- Georgina Kincaid - Succubus and main character AKA- Thetis, Letha, Tabitha, Josephine
- Jerome - Local Head demon and boss of all the immortals of hell including Georgina and her friends. Father of Roman and Helena. Looks like John Cusack
- Carter - Angel Friend of Jerome, Georgina, Hugh, Peter, and Cody. Described as looking like a bum. Saved Georgina's life.
- Hugh - Imp & friend to Georgina
- Peter - Vampire, friend of Georgina and is around the same age as her.
- Cody - Young vampire, apprentice of Peter, Georgina's friend and Dance partner.
- Bastien - Incubus, long time friend of Georgina
- Sol - A god. His blood is Ambrosia. He also seeks humans to date rape.
- Seth - Human writer of Georgina's favorite series (Cady and O'Neill) and love interest.
- Erik - Human psychic, friend of Georgina. Runs a book store.
- Paige - Pregnant manager of Georgina at Emerald City Books & Cafe
- Doug - Co-Assistant manager at bookstore. Friend of Georgina and Lead singer in a band.
- Alec - Drummer in Doug's band. Human assistant to Sol.
- Maddie - Doug's sister
- Dana - Bastien's Neighbor. Radio Host and leader of CPFV.
- Bill - Dana's husband and a Senator
- Jody - Dana's neighbor and friend. She becomes Georgina's friend and the leader of the CPFV.
- Aubry - Georgina's cat
The following review can be found in the External Links Below
I enjoyed the first in the series (Succubus Blues) so much that I had to read the second and I'll also buy the third (Succubus Dreams). If you enjoy Kelly Armstrong's Otherworld series or Charlaine Harris's Southern Vampire series then you're sure to relish this series set in contemporary US about Georgina Kincaid, the reluctant succubus and the demon world (and angels too).
No need to explain the plot as it has already been given. This first person series is well written and is slightly different because of the twisted ethics (to survive she must suck the life force from humans in her role as a succubus). Personally I'm a little uncomfortable with Georgina's moral reasoning, although as long as she isn't judging others then it doesn't grate too much (I had great difficulty with the way she judged Roman in the first book). I like the way her relationship with Seth (he's adorable) keeps going and I hope they succeed in future books. One thing I would have liked more of in this second book was the religious background information - there seemed more in the first book and it added depth to the book - so I hope there's plenty in the third.
By the way, congrats to the publisher/amazon for making sure readers know that Succubus Nights and Succubus on Top are the same book.