On May 4, 2016, the 3,900th article was added to the SuccuWiki!
|World of Warcraft character|
Succubus in World of Warcraft
|First appearance||World of Warcraft|
|First game||World of Warcraft|
|A stunningly beautiful demoness|
Succubi in the World of Warcraft role playing game are stunningly beautiful demonesses. Their voluptuous form is squeezed into a tight leather-bodice. Large bat wings unfurl from her back, and she lets out a short gasp as she cracks a small whip against her milky thigh. A succubus is pleasure and pain rolled into one deadly package. Like all demons, she enjoys bringing death and misery to the mortal races — but that doesn’t mean she cannot have fun with them first.
|“||Of all the servants that a warlock may call upon, none is called upon so often as the succubus. Few indeed have not shivered beneath her razor sharp touch and lost themselves in the aura of ecstatic pain that surrounds these most comely angels of the abyss. Yet the wise warlock should overcome slack-jawed admiration, for it is unfitting and may well lead to the master becoming the slave.||”|
Many warlocks choose a succubus as a fellow companion for their ability to manipulate those weak of will. It is not uncommon for a succubus in a mortal’s servitude to fall uncontrollably in love with him or her; this occurrence is not always to the master’s advantage, though, for a devoted succubus can be prone to fits of extreme jealousy, especially when her master deals with those of the opposite sex.
A succubus usually tries to avoid direct confrontation, preferring instead to use her natural (and supernatural) charm to gain a creature’s trust, then to lure her victim into a defenseless position. In open combat, a succubus is far from helpless, however. She is surprisingly agile, always attempting to feint or flank an opponent, thus allowing her to backstab with her lash of pain.
Most warlocks tend to trust their succubus’ natural instincts in combat. This trust comes as much from respect for her abilities as it does from the realization that a succubus may ignore an order she doesn’t agree with anyway. This is especially true when an opponent threatens her master directly, as she may become reckless trying to save him.
Sayaad are the species of winged demons from which the succubi race originate. They are predominantly loyal to the Burning Legion. As with harpies and shivarra, no information exists on males of the species (it is unknown if male sayaad even exist) who would properly be called incubi. Incubi were given a very brief mention in the Last Guardian.
Succubi speak Eredun, and most also speak Common. Common is a language known by most races who would summon these beings, those who summon them likely know Eredun as well.
|Character classes|| Intelligence Agent, Torturer, Vile Tormentor,|
Vile Temptress, Anguisher, Rogue, Assassin
|Racial capital||Legion Stronghold, somewhere in the Twisting Nether|
|Racial leader||Queen of Suffering|
|Racial mount||Self-powered flight|
|Secondary languages||Common, Darnassian|
|Average height||5 - 6 feet|
- The textures of the Succubus model in-game were changed in Patch 1.4.0.
- For some time, it was theorized that succubi may be the females of the nathrezim, given their similar anatomical appearance, style of clothing, and powers. Aside from physical appearances, there was no lore to support this, and it didn't really make sense that beings of Dreadlord-class power would allow themselves to be demoted to mere pets. The holographic museum in the Exodar states that succubi are part of a different race, the sayaad.
|Mistress of Torment||Stationed in the Black Temple||Dead||Demonic|
|Sinstralis of the Pain||Imprisoned in Outland Arena||Alive||Demonic|
|Simone the Seductress||Killable||Demonic|
|Maiden of Pain||Support for the Legion in Outland||Dead||Demonic|
|Queen of Suffering||Domination upon other succubi||Alive||Demonic|
|Invading Anguisher||Trying to invade Blasted Lands||Dead||Demonic|
Patches and Updates
- Improved Succubus - Gives succubus a 33/66/100% chance to resist interrupts during Seduce, in addition to the reduced spell costs.
- The final patch before the Wrath of the Lich King release did the following:
- Avoidance (Felguard): Now reduces damage taken from area of effect attacks by an additional 80% and is automatically learned for the Succubus at level 10.
- Demonic Sacrifice: Succubus effect reduced to 10% increased shadow damage, down from 15%.
- Master Demonologist – Succubus (Demonology) - Now increases Shadow damage by 1/2/3/4/5%, and critical hit chance with Shadow spells by 1/2/3/4/5%.
- Succubus: Health increased by 20%, armor increased 22%.
Various skins have been released to change the outfit that Succubi wear in World of Warcraft. Some of these include a bikini, topless corset, and a full nude version of the Succubus. All of these skins are generally used on private servers. Some examples of these skins follow below, although the source of these skins is no longer available.
- Blood Steward of Kirtonos
- Delicia Whipsnaps
- Invading Anguisher
- Hederine Initiate
- Hukku's Succubus
- Lady Hederine
- Maiden of Pain
- Mannoroc Lasher
- Mistress of Torment
- Mistress Nagmara
- Nether Sorceress
- Queen of Suffering
- Painmistress Gabrissa
- Simone the Seductress
- Sinstralis of the Pain
- Sister of Grief
- Sister of Pain
- Sister of Pleasure
- Sister of Torment
- Skulking Witch
- Spiteful Temptress
- Succubus Minion
- Warlock Pet Succubus
- Demon Hunter (Warcraft)