Thank you for over 7.7 million views of the SuccuWiki!
Succubus (Dungeons and Dragons 4th Edition)
Image of a Succubus from the 4th Edition Dungeons and Dragons article published by Wizards.com
|Source books||Monster Manual - 4th Edition|
|First appearance||Monster Manual - 4th Edition (2008)|
Succubi, in the fourth edition rules of the Dungeons and Dragons role playing game, tempt mortals into performing evil deeds, using their shapechanging abilities to appear as attractive men and women. Although seduction and betrayal are their forte, succubi are also practiced spies and assassins. Succubi serve more powerful devils as scouts, advisors, and even concubines. Because of their guile and shapechanging ability, they are frequently chosen to serve as infernal emissaries to important mortals.
When exposed for what it is, a succubus can be a deadly foe. It can manipulate the emotions of mortal adversaries, turning them against each other or making them slavishly loyal to it with a mere kiss. A succubus that is confronted uses dominate on a worthy adversary. It then uses charming kiss on a dominated foe, keeping him or her nearby while it attacks other enemies with its corrupting touch.
Succubus Level 9 Controller
- Medium Immortal Humanoid (Devil, Shapechanger)
- XP: 400
- Initiative: +8
- Senses: Perception +8; Darkvision
- HP 90
- Bloodied 45
- AC 23
- Fortitude 17
- Reflex 21
- Will 23
- Resist 20 fire
- Speed 6, fly 6
- Melee: Corrupting Touch (Standard; At-Will)
- +14 vs. AC
- 1d6 + 6 damage.
- Melee: Charming Kiss (standard; at-will) Charm
- +14 vs. AC
- On a hit, the succubus makes a secondary attack against the same target.
- Secondary Attack: +12 vs. Will. The target cannot attack the succubus, and if the target is adjacent to the succubus when the succubus is targeted by a melee or a ranged attack, the target interposes itself and becomes the target of the attack instead. The effects last until the succubus or one of its allies attacks the target or until the succubus dies. If the target is still under the effect of this power at the end of the encounter, the succubus can sustain the effect indefinitely by kissing the target once per day. The succubus can affect only one target at a time with its charming kiss.
- Ranged: Dominate (Standard; At-Will) Charm
- Ranged 5; +12 vs. Will
- The target is dominated until the end of the Succubus’ next turn.
- Change Shape (Minor; At-Will) Polymorph
- The succubus can alter its physical form to take on the appearance of any Medium humanoid, including a unique individual.
- Alignment: Evil
- Languages: Common, Supernal
- Skills: Bluff +15, Diplomacy +15, Insight +13
- Str 11 (+4)
- Dex 18 (+8)
- Wis 19 (+8)
- Con 10 (+4)
- Int 15 (+6)
- Cha 22 (+10)
Level 9 Encounter (XP 2,000)
- 1 Succubus (Level 9 Controller)
- 2 Snaketongue Assassins (Level 9 Lurker)
- 2 Crushgrip Constrictors (Level 9 Soldier)