On May 4, 2016, the 3,900th article was added to the SuccuWiki!
The Silken Sin
|Home plane||597th layer of the Abyss - Goranthis|
|Power level||Demon Lord|
|Portfolio||Incest, Sexual Taboos, Perversions|
|Domains||Chaos, Evil, Pleasure, Trickery|
|First appearance||Monster Manual II|
Socothbenoth can shift his form to satisfy any particular desire, although his true form seems to be that of a slender, attractive man with ebony eyes, long hair, elongated ears, and countless piercings throughout his flesh.
Relations with Others
As a demon lord of perverse desires it is no surprise that Socothbenoth has bedded countless lovers (some would say victims) during his existence, what is surprising is the calibre of some of his conquests. He is a frequent and incestuous lover of Noticula, his own sister. He has even been lover to a god supposedly having several dalliances with Lamashtu herself and even fathering (doubtlessly monstrous) children with her.
Cults and Worshipers
Socothbenoth appeals to deviants of all kinds, although his own tastes run toward the most violent or debauched varieties as do many of his followers. His cults are popular among the Drow of the Darklands, his most powerful drow worshippers being those of House Sardavic. He is also worshipped by the degenerate race of lamyros who revere both him and his sister Nocticula.. He also has a strong human following in Versex, a county of Ustalav. There he is held in high esteem by the depraved nobles of the city of Karcau. Those who wholly devote themselves as initiates to the Silken Sin are rumored to be able to easily change their form, like their master, and cast enchantment spells which prove hard to resist. He is known to lair within his Abyssal realm, called the Cathedral Thelemic, a hidden city devoted to deviant pursuits.
|Title||The Silken Sin|
|Portfolio||Perversion and Taboo|
|Worshipers||Perverts, Sexual Criminals, Debauched Cultists|
|Cleric Alignments||Chaotic Neutral, Neutral Evil, Chaotic Evil|
|Domains||Charm, Chaos, Evil, Travel|
- Erik Mona et al. (2008). Campaign Setting, p. 247. Paizo Publishing, LLC. ISBN 978-1-60125-112-1
- James Jacobs. (2009). Demon Lords of Golarion. Descent into Midnight, p. 62. Paizo Publishing, LLC. ISBN 978-1-60125-131-2
- Erik Mona et al. (2008). Campaign Setting, p. 165. Paizo Publishing, LLC. ISBN 978-1-60125-112-1
- F. Wesley Schneider. (2008). Zirnakaynin. Endless Night, p. 51. Paizo Publishing, LLC. ISBN 978-1-60125-129-9
- Greg A. Vaughan. (2008). Bestiary. Spires of Xin-Shalast, p. 83. Paizo Publishing, LLC. ISBN 978-1-60125-041-4
- Jeff Grubb. (2008). Drow of Golarion. The Armageddon Echo, p. 65. Paizo Publishing, LLC. ISBN 978-1-60125-128-2
- Todd Stewart. (2009). The Great Beyond: A Guide to the Multiverse, p. 29. Paizo Publishing, LLC. ISBN 978-1-60125-167-1