Thank you for over 5.1 million views of the SuccuWiki!
Savage Tide Adventure Path
The Savage Tide Adventure Path (or simply Savage Tide) is the third and final Adventure Path installment in the Dungeons & Dragons roleplaying game adventure series published in Dungeon magazine. Due to the lapsing of Paizo Publishing's license to publish Dungeon, future adventure paths will be published in Pathfinder. It begins in the city of Sasserine, just north of the city of Cauldron, the setting for the first adventure path.
To quote Dungeon's promotional announcement:
- ... the Savage Tide Adventure Path, a 12-installment campaign designed to take characters from the heady days of first level all the way to the responsibilities of level 20. Running every month from issue #139 to the milestone DUNGEON #150, the Savage Tide takes players on an ocean voyage that begins in the fecund southern jungles and leads deep into the heart of the treacherous Lower Planes.
The story is nominally set in the World of Greyhawk campaign setting, but is designed to be easily transported to any of the popular Dungeons & Dragons settings such as the Forgotten Realms and Eberron. Much of it will take place on the Isle of Dread, and Erik Mona has stated that, partially because of this, the campaign will contain a number of Mystara references, including Mystara-specific monsters which have not previously appeared in the current edition of Dungeons & Dragons.
The campaign begins in the city of Sasserine and the nearby environs, where the party discovers the first clues about an impending disaster called the Savage Tide. The action then moves to the Isle of Dread for the middle portion of the campaign, and the party must deal with the dangers of the island and unearth more information about the Savage Tide. The final third of the campaign takes place in the Abyss, where the party must find a way to stop the Savage Tide and confront its architect.
The Adventure Path consists of the following adventures:
- "There Is No Honor" by James Jacobs (Dungeon 139, October 2006) – In this opening adventure, the characters are drawn into a murderous family feud. Undead pirates and a powerful thieves' guild feature heavily.
- "The Bullywug Gambit" by Nicolas Logue (Dungeon 140, November 2006) – Hired to find a missing brother, the characters discover a secret hideout and witness the effects of the savage tide.
- "The Sea Wyvern's Wake" by Richard Pett (Dungeon 141, December 2006) – The characters begin their journey to the Isle of Dread; the lost city of Tamoachan and a monstrous sargasso are featured highlights.
- "Here There Be Monsters" by Jason Bulmahn (Dungeon 142, January 2007) – Shipwrecked on the Isle of Dread, the characters travel south along the coast to the colony of Farshore.
- "Tides of Dread" by Stephen S. Greer and Gary Holian (Dungeon 143, February 2007) – Warned of an imminent attack by a pirate fleet, the characters seek to fortify the colony of Farshore.
- "The Lightless Depths" by F. Wesley Schneider and James Lafond Sutter (Dungeon 144, March 2007) – On a quest underground to seek the source of mysterious pearls, the characters discover a horrifying city of slumbering aboleths.
- "City of Broken Idols" by Tito Leati (Dungeon 145, April 2007) – Still seeking clues to the mysterious pearls, the characters travel to the taboo central plateau of the Isle of Dread, to confront the terrible creatures that live there.
- "Serpents of Scuttlecove" by Richard Pett (Dungeon 146, May 2007) - The characters once again board the Sea Wyvern, this time to sail for Scuttlecove - a hideous city of pirates, slavers, cannibals, and worse - in search of clues to the final Savage Tide and the rescue of their patron.
- "Into the Maw" by Robert J. Schwalb (Dungeon 147, June 2007) - The party sails into the Abyss itself, seeking to infiltrate a demonic prison fortress and turn its fiendish factions against each other.
- "Wells of Darkness" by Eric Boyd (Dungeon 148, July 2007) - To learn the secret of stopping the savage tide, the party must free Shami-Amourae, succubus-goddess and former consort of Demogorgon, from the Wells of Darkness, deep in the Abyss.
- "Enemies of My Enemy" by Wolfgang Baur (Dungeon 149, August 2007) - Our heroes travel to Hades, Arborea, and the depths of the Abyss in order to recruit allies against Demogorgon from the eladrin court, daemons, and even other demon lords.
- "Prince of Demons" by Greg Vaughn (Dungeon 150, September 2007) - In the final adventure of the Savage Tide Adventure Path, an army of demons and eladrins stands ready to mount an assault on Demogorgon's Abyssal realm of Gaping Maw. The party must take advantage of this distraction and prevent Demogorgon from activating the Savage Tide and driving a world insane.