On May 4, 2016, the 3,900th article was added to the SuccuWiki!
Ravaged By Malcanthet (3.5e Racial Paragon Class)
|Editions||3.5e Dungeons and Dragons|
|(as a standard class)||3.5e Dungeons and Dragons|
|Source books||D&D Wiki|
|First appearance||D&D Wiki|
Ravaged By Malcanthet as a Racial Paragon Class for the 3.5 edition of the Dungeons and Dragons role playing game which refers to those that have been ravaged by Malcanthet and transformed by her into beings that will aid in her goals, whatever they may be. Those ravaged by Malcanthet are surprisingly common - even the lowliest of demons occasionally receive her touch.
Created as beings to aid her in the task of spreading ruin through sexuality, these beings, already seductive and manipulative, become even more so, as well as getting potent magical capabilities to aid them in this.
Ravaged by Malcanthet are superb spies, seducers and controllers of the mind. They are also capable at staying clear of trouble if needs be.
- Abilities: Charisma is an important ability score for this class, as many of its abilities depend on it. A high Dexterity and Constitution aren't amiss either.
- Races: Only outsiders can become ravaged by Malcanthet.
- Alignment: Only chaotic evil creatures can become ravaged by Malcanthet.
|Saving Throw]]s||Special||Spellcasting or Bonus Feat|
|1st||+1||+2||+2||+2||Abyssal Power, Scion of Lust, Thoughts of the Mindless 3/day||+1 spellcasting level/bonus feat|
|2nd||+2||+3||+3||+3||+2 Charisma, Ravage Form, Thoughts of the Mindless 5/day||+1 spellcasting level/bonus feat|
Class Skills (Skill Points::8 + Int modifier per level, ×4 at 1st level)
All of the following are class features of the ravaged by Malcanthet.
- Weapon and Armor Proficiency: Ravaged by Malcanthet become proficient in whip-daggers. They gain no additional armour or shield proficiencies.
- Spellcasting or Bonus Feat: When a ravaged by Malcanthet gains their first class level, they can choose to either advance spellcasting or not to. If they choose to advance spellcasting, gaining a level in ravaged by Malcanthet counts as gaining a level in their previous class for the purposes of spells known and spells per day. If they had multiple classes capable of casting spells, they choose which one is advanced in this manner.
If they choose not to advance spellcasting, they gain a bonus feat at each level of ravaged by Malcanthet. They must meet all the prerequisites for a feat to take it. Once this choice is made, it cannot be changed, and remains constant no matter how many levels of ravaged by Malcanthet are taken.
- Abyssal Power (Su): The mighty power of the Abyss flows through a ravaged by Malcanthet. If they have any spell-like abilities or spells, their caster level always equals their character level (or CR), and any DCs for these spells or spell-like abilities is worked out as if it were a supernatural ability (10 + 1/2 the ravaged by Malcanthet's character level or CR + the appropriate ability score modifier).
- Scion of Lust: A ravaged by Malcanthet gains a close connection to the powers of lust. This has different effects depending on whether the ravaged by Malcanthet is a spellcaster or not.
If the ravaged by Malcanthet is not a spellcaster, they gain the following spell-like abilities at the designated character level (or CR), each useable once per day. If their character level or CR exceeds the minimum character level or CR of the spell-like ability by 2 or 3, then they may use that ability 3/day instead, and if it exceeds the minimum character level or CR of the spell-like ability by 4 or more, they may use it at-will. These abilities have Charisma-based DCs and a caster level equal to the ravaged by Malcanthet's character level (or CR).
|Minimum Character Level||Spell-Like Ability Gained||Equivalent Spell Level|
|1||Ishara's Enticing Directive||1st|
|11||Symbol of persuasion||6th|
|13||Mass hold monster||7th|
If the ravaged by Malcanthet is a spellcaster, they add all of the above spells to their class list, and learn them when they reach the marked character level (or CR). They cast them as they would normally cast spells from their class. If the ravaged by Malcanthet had multiple spellcasting classes, apply this to all of them.
- Thoughts of the Mindless (Su): A ravaged by Malcanthet gains some of her mistress' ability to seduce or enchant even those that would normally make this impossible. They can treat any of the following immunities on any creature whose CR or character level is lower than 20 as a +4 bonus on the relevant save instead: charms, compulsions, fear effects, enchantments and mind-affecting effects. If the immunity comes from a spell, the ravaged of Malcanthet only converts it to a save bonus it if its caster level is below 20th. A ravaged by Malcanthet can use this ability on 3 ability uses per day. At 2nd level, this becomes 5 ability uses per day.
- Ravage Form (Sp): As a full-round action, a 2nd level ravaged by Malcanthet may bestow Malcanthet's ravage on a creature eligible to gain a level. That creature gains its first level in the ravaged by Malcanthet racial paragon class. If the ravaged by Malcanthet attempts to ravage an unwilling creature, it receives a Will save to resist (Charisma-based DC).
Ex-Ravaged By Malcanthet
Malcanthet usually doesn't much care of any of her chosen turning away from her - it's only a matter of time before they realize their folly and return, after all. However, in the meantime, they lose access to any spells, spell-like abilities and supernatural abilities from this class, and cannot continue to advance in it. They may atone if they want to continue advancing and get their powers back (although Malcanthet would probably want some proof of their changed ways before she allows this).