Thank you for over 16.3 million views of the SuccuWiki!
|Brachina / Pleasure Devil|
A Brachina, also known as a Pleasure Devil
|Source books||Fiendish Codex II|
|First appearance||Fiendish Codex II|
a cross of a Succubus and an Erinyes
The Brachina, or also known as a Pleasure Devil, is a type of devil in the Dungeons and and Dragons role playing game that specializes in corrupting the servants of the gods. They are the result, depending on lore, of either an extremely powerfully levelled Erinyes, or the crossing of a Succubus and an Erinyes. The Brachina originally appeared in the Fiendish Codex II supplement rule book for the 3rd edition ruleset.
This female figure has long, amber hair with violet pools for eyes. She is dressed in revealing garb, and a smile plays on her lips. Even as her intoxicating eyes promise countless pleasures, her swollen lips pursed to kiss, something sinister seems to lie behind her otherwise flawless facade.
A brachina, or pleasure devil, as they are more commonly known, is an insidious devil that specializes in corrupting the servants of the gods. Brachinas are specially selected Erinyes who are lifted from their station and endowed with even greater beauty and power. Charged with corrupting the virtuous, they travel to the Material Plane to work their evil, returning to the Nine Hells only when they have succeeded in their task, The punishment for failure is severe; thus, all pleasure devils work doubly hard to corrupt their victim.
When in Hell, pleasure devils, plot and connive like all the rest, grasping at the chance to rise in status to one day join the ranks of Pit Fiends. They are quick to betray others of their kind as it means moving ahead. Pit Fiends and archdevils use Brachinas as playthings, discarding them as quickly as they select them. Thus, these seducers are quick to take any assignment they can to avoid the brutal attentions of their masters.
Even in its natural form, a Brachina is a vision of beauty, something akin to a dark angel. It stands a little over 5 feet tall and weighs 120 pounds. They have pale skin, red hair, and black eyes. Spreading from their back is a pair of feathery black wings. Pleasure devils use polymorph to conceal their fiendish nature, taking the likeness of whatever their target might be attracted to.
Position in the Hells
Brachina find love in all the wrong places. They are used throughout the Ministry of Mortal Relations, Espionage and Immortal Diplomacy. Their strong personalities are ideal for bending others to their whim. Anywhere erinyes are mentioned in non-combat intensive positions, brachina can be found as well. Only brachina who are being punished could be found in the Denomination of Strategy, these few notables usually being assigned as sailors.
Belial’s court boasts the highest number of non-military brachina, with Dispater a close second. Those of Phlegethos are typically used as whores and slaves, while those of Dis are canny businesswomen who wheel and deal with the best of them.
Glasya’s Elite has been expanded to include brachina. Nine 36 HD brachina are members as well. Unfounded rumors abound that Glasya’s exceptional mother Bensozia was of this caste.
|Race||Medium Outsider (Baatezu, Evil, Extraplanar, Lawful)|
|Sub Type||Extraplanar, Baatezu|
|Hit Dice||HP 102 (12 HD); Regeneration 5|
|Speed|| 30 ft. (6 squares), fly 60 ft. (good);|
Spring Attack Melee +1 cold iron short sword +21/+161+11 (1d6+5/19-20)
or Melee touch +20/+15/+10 (poison)
|AC||AC 28, touch 18, flat-footed 20; Dodge, Mobility (+8 Dex, +3 armor, +7 natural)|
|Base Attack/Grapple||Base Atk +12; Grp +16|
|Attack Options||Combat Expertise|
|Space/Reach||S5 ft.; Reach 5 ft.|
|Special Attacks|| Poison, Summon Baatezu, Potion of Invisibility,|
Potion of Misdirection, Potion of Non-detection
|Special Qualities|| Spell-Like Abilities (CL 17th): At will—charm monster (DC 23), clairaudience/ clairvoyance,|
enthrall (DC 21), greater teleport (self plus 50 pounds of objects only), morality undone (DC 24),
polymorph, produce flame (+16 melee touch or +20 ranged touch), suggestion (DC 22),
vampiric touch (+16 melee touch); 1/day—plane shift (self only), trap the soul
|Saves||Resist Acid 10, cold 10; SR 24 Fort +12, Ref +16, Will +17|
|Abilities|| Mr 18, Dex 27, Con 18, Int 23, Wis 24, Cha 29|
SA beguile, poison, summon baatezu
|DR||DR 5/Good and Silver Immune fire, Poison|
|Skills|| Bluff +24, Concentration +19, Diplomacy +28, Disguise +24 (+26 acting),|
Hide +23, Intimidate +26, Knowledge (arcana) +11,
Knowledge (religion) +21, Knowledge (the planes) +16, Listen +22,
Move Silently +23, Search +21, Sense Motive +22, Spellcraft +23, Spot +22,
Survival +7 (+9 on other planes or to follow tracks)
|Feats|| Combat Expertise, Dodges, Iron Will, Mobility,|
Spring Attack, Quicken Spell-Like Ability (charm monster), Weapon Finesse
|Environment|| Pleasure devils are native to the Nine Hells of Baator,|
though most spend their time on the Material Plane
|Advancement||13-24 HD (Medium)|
|Senses||See in darkness; Listen +22, Spot +22|
|Languages||Celestial, Common, Draconic, Infernal; Telepathy 100 ft., Tongues|
|Possessions||Combat Gear Plus +1 Cold Iron Short Sword, Bracers of Armor +3|
- Tongues (Su): As the tongues spell; always active; CL 19th.
- Regeneration (Ex): Good-aligned weapons and spells or effects with the good descriptor deal normal damage to a pleasure devil.
- Beguile (Su): A pleasure devil can temporarily gain control of a living creature. When a pleasure devil uses this ability, it gains immediate control of the creature, which immediately takes a full turn's worth of actions under the pleasure devil's control. A pleasure devil can use this ability up to two times per day on any living creature within 30 feet that fails a DC 25 Will save. This is a mind-affecting enchantment ability.
- Poison (Ex): Contact, Fortitude DC 22, 1d6 Wis/1d6 Wis. The save DC is Constitution-based and includes a +2 racial bonus.
- Summon Baatezu (Sp): 80% chance to summon one harvester devil, two chain devils, or six lemures; 1/day; CL 19th. This ability is the equivalent of a 6th-level spell.
Basic Summoning Statistics
- CR: 11
- HD: 12
- Spell casing requirement: SM IX as a Lawful Evil caster (replaces fiendish dire shark)
- Role: Manipulator/Caster
- Notes: Super-Erinyes, the Brachina is an extremely seductive devil who specializes in corrupting the virtuous and the devout. They are just as involved with the petty scheming and jockeying for position as most devils are, but they spend more time attempting to tempt mortals on the Material Plane. If you can resist their charms, they'll serve you well - just be wary of their honeyed words.
- Advantages: A healthy host of beguiling SLAs, plus the option to actually Beguile a foe and make them take a round's worth of actions under your control, both wasting their turn and using it to your advantage. They have a WIS-damaging poison, which might be handy against a few foes. Plenty of scheming social skills and obscure knowledge.
- Disadvantages: Pretty awful in melee. You're unlikely to get much use out of some of their SLAs - Morality Undone won't really help you unless you've got a particular grudge against an arrogant paladin, and it's still almost definitely an evil act.
- Notable SLAs: Charm Monster, Vampiric Touch, Morality Undone, Polymorph, Enthrall, Suggestion, and Produce Flame at will, plus Trap the Soul 1/day.
Pleasure Devil Lore
Characters with ranks in Knowledge (the planes) can research pleasure devils to learn more about them. When a character succeeds on a skill check, the following lore is revealed, including the information from lower DCs.
|21|| This creature is a pleasure devil,|
also known as a Brachina, a Baatezu seducer.
|26|| Pleasure devils work to undo servants of the gods.|
They have a number of spell-like abilities to aid them to this end.
|31|| Avoid the Brachina's touch.|
It destroys the will and drives mortals mad.