On May 4, 2016, the 3,900th article was added to the SuccuWiki!
Malady (3.5e Race)
Flavour image of a female Malady
Original art by Pablo Fernandez
Mainly Succubus based|
with some Vampiric
|Editions||3.5 Edition Dungeons and Dragons|
|Source books||D&D Wiki.com|
|First appearance||D&D Wiki.com|
|Mythological origins||Succubi and Vampires|
|Based on||Succubi and Vampires|
Malady are the cursed spawn of a Succubus and a vampire. This being's statistics are designed for use in the 3.5 edition of Dungeons and Dragons. They are the creation of the D&D Wiki user Reiner.
Maladies have Succubus mothers and Vampire fathers which results in their having many of the physical characteristics of their Succubus mothers, but without having horns, tails or wings. They also have the vampiric physical characteristics of pare skin and fangs of their fathers. Usually evil beings, they use their powers to convince others to do their bidding or to seem to be not evil to hide their true motives.
A Malady looks similar to their succubus mothers save for the fact that they lack wings and a tail. However, they do inherit their father's fangs - literally. Otherwise, they seem like a normal human with pale skin, fair hair and a admirable figure. Notably, Malady are ageless and cease to show visible signs of aging after they begin adulthood. Although, some may cease the aging process at an earlier date.
The personalities of Malady tend to be cruel and sadistic at best. They are masters of acting and may seem to give off the impression of a kind soul. They live nearly anywhere that is heavily populated, and prefer areas which are mainly inhabited by humanoid races. They tend to fit into societies quite well due to their succubus heritage. Although, if and when a cleric discovers their undead core, some debate usually ensues which ends in the exile or execution of the Malady, depending on their actions before they were discovered.
Maladies do not have a specific religion as it isa rather ambiguous topic with these beings. Generally however, they are usually servants of the lord of their succubus mother. This means they are usually aligned to evil but their law-chaos axis tends vary. It is not uncommon for them to be any combination and even sisters within the same family can have different, sometimes wildly so. Their names usually follow the scheme of mal-factors such as Pestilence, Curse, Evil, Destruction, and so on.
|Type||Medium Outsider (Native)|
|Ability Adjustment|| +4 Charisma, −2 Intelligence −2 Wisdom|
+2 Strength if Male, +2 Dexterity if Female
|Automatic Languages||Abyssal and Common|
- Blood Lust (Ex): A Malady requires one pint of blood every day (which can be obtained through a single bite attack). A Malady gains a +2 competence bonus to Charisma for 10 minutes after having consumed a pint of blood. However, if the Malady has not consumed at least one pint of blood over the course of 24-hours, they will become fatigues with no save. After a week, without blood, the condition will worsen to exhausted. This condition may be alleviated by consuming a pint of blood.
- Bite Attack: The Malady has a natural bite attack which deals 1d6 damage.
- Chains of Undeath (Ex): A Malady, like undead, is healed by negative energy and damaged by positive energy. A Malady is also subject to turning (although, it has +4 turn resistance).
- Force of Personality (Ex): A Malady gain a +2 bonus to all checks using charisma.
- Spell-Like Ability: 1/day— Suggestion. Caster level is equal to a Malady's HD. The save DC is Charisma-based.
|Middle Age1||Old2||Venerable3||Maximum Age|
|16 years||35 years||60 years||+5d4 years|
|Gender||Base Height||Height Modifier||Base Weight||Weight Modifier|
|Male||5' 5"||+3d4||125 lb.||× 3 lb.|
|Male||5' 5"||+3d4||125 lb.||× 3 lb.|