On August 4th, 2018, the 5,000th article was added to the SuccuWiki!
Lilim Kiss is a shōnen manga created by Mizuki Kawashita which first appeared in a weekly serialized format before being released as two collected volumes. The series told the story of Takaya Saiki who finds a flask containing the succubus Lilim. After releasing her the two become romantically involved, Lilim becoming Takaya's girlfriend.
- Title: Lilim Kiss
- Story & Art: Mizuki Kawashita
- Publisher: Shueisha
- Genres: Comedy, Romance, Supernatural
Lilim Kiss is about the life of Takaya Saiki who one day he finds a bottle containing the succubus Lilim. She is very attractive, but needs to drain the life force of men to feed by either enter their minds while sleeping, causing them to have erotic dreams or through kissing, which can leave them in a precarious state, or death if she is not careful.
After kissing Takaya, and leaving him unconscious, Lilim flies off for more "food," but returns later, saying that Takaya's life-energy was the "tastiest." Takaya agrees to become Lilim's food so long as she does not harm anyone else. When Lilim accepts this, she then becomes Takaya's girlfriend, being accepted by Takaya's parents and living with him.
- Takaya Saiki: The main character in this series. A tough, but surprisingly vain guy who can't be beaten by anyone at his school (intellectually or physically) and sets Lilim free by opening the pendant, which was dropped on his head seemingly at random by a cro]. He names her Lilim, after her species, since she has no name of her own. He makes a bargain with Lilim to be her sole provider of lifeforce, so as to protect other men from her predations. Takaya convinces his parents to let Lilim stay at their house and eventually falls in love with her, his personality mellowing greatly in the process. At the end, only Takaya's desire to be reunited with Lilim is capable of breaking the seal placed on her by Yukihiko.
- Lilim: A nameless lilim demon who feeds off the life energy of human males by kissing them (usually by entering their dreams). On one occasion she drains Miu in order to shut her up, indicating that Lilim is capable of feeding on the lifeforce of women, but she claims that it tastes disgusting. After finding that Takaya's life energy is different than anyone else's, being much stronger and better tasting, she agrees to kiss only him. She was trapped inside a pendant until Takaya set her free. Once sealed in the pendant, she loses all of her memories. Lilim's cooking can only be called destructive. She soon reveals that the reason Takaya's life energy nourishes her better than that of most men, is because they have moles in similar places. This could be theorized to indicate a mystic similarity between the two of them. Eventually, Lilim is re-sealed in her bottle by Yukihiko, who intends to reclaim her after the sealing has wiped her memory. As it turns out, the only person capable of once again unsealing Lilim is Takaya. When unsealed, Lilim reveals that even though she lost her memory, she feels a strong desire to be with Takaya and no other. It is most likely that she returns Takaya's romantic attraction and has become an integral part of her subconscious, as opposed to her erasable conscious.
- Kojima: A short boy who's in Takaya's class, and the first one (other than Takaya) to find out about Lilim. At one point in the story, Lilim has a disagreement with Takaya and stays with Kojima for a while. In that amount of time, Kojima teaches her to write. Unlike the all the other boys at his school (save Takaya), common sense overrules his infatuation with Lilim. He becomes briefly infatuated with the lilim only known as 'Sempai', however, after she gives him his first (French) kiss and steals his lifeforce. Due to this infatuation, he attempts to summon a lilim demon through a magical ritual, but actually conjures the wyvern that will later become Pyu-chan. Even before the events in this story, he has been a bit of an occult fan, due to which he becomes Takaya's main source of information about lilim and the occult in general.
- Miu Shirai: A cute girl who falls in love with Takaya after he retrieves her purse from a thief. Can't cook. She's also rich, and has brief moments of insanity throughout the story. Sometimes speaks in the third person. A more-or-less comic relief character, her infatuation with Takaya is replaced by an affection for Chappy.
- Chappy: A 1/2 British, 1/4 French, 1/4 Japanese man who is the grandson of the cleaning lady (that takes care of the "haunted castle in the middle of the woods") and obsesses over his beauty. He's referred to as Chappy by Miu, because she claims he looks like her former dog, Chappy. He seems to have a subtle, but natural affinity for the supernatural. He also has a crush on Lilim and tries to make her fall in love with him.
- Souma Yukihiko: A rich boy who is in love with Lilim, and her previous owner. He sealed her in the bottle after getting angry at the fact that Lilim wasn't satisfied with his life energy alone; therefore resulting to kissing other men. In the end of the manga, he seals her in the bottle yet again to take her as his own, as she forgets everything that happened between her and Takaya. As it turns out, he is unable to reopen the bottle and so asks Takaya to help.
- Sempai: A mature-looking, blond-haired lilim who passes through the area where Takaya and Lilim live. She feeds on Takaya's class as Lilim did at the beginning of the manga, arousing Lilim's fear that her senior will feed on Takaya. This fear is compounded when the elder lilim approaches Takaya in public out of curiosity over his connection with Lilim, on which occasion she drains Kojima's life force. 'Sempai', as Lilim addresses the elder Lilim to her considerable chagrin, explains to Lilim that she is only passing through and chastises Lilim for taking Takaya's lifeforce without offering anything in return. According to 'Sempai', the Lilim from Lilim Kiss enter human dreams and turn them to the erotic while draining life force, as a form of compensation. Lilim decides to follow her senior's advice and performs some service for Takaya, though not the kind one might expect.
- Piyu-chan: A wyvern which is conjured by Kojima and promptly destroys the school building that Takaya, Kojima and Matsuda go to. It is sealed in the pendant bottle that once held Lilim by Takaya, but is then released again by Lilim. After its release, it has somehow turned into a spherical creature with rabbit-like ears and batwings, which only makes sounds on the theme of 'piyu', 'pi' and 'pu'. It has become extremely fond of Lilim. When angered, Piyu-chan can become extremely hard and heavy, using its own body to attack and cause damage.
- Matsuda: A classmate of Takaya's and Kojima's, who ardently pursues Lilim. He is apparently also a strong fan of Miu - and has as little luck with her as he does with Lilim. Matsuda provides a certain amount of comic relief in the story, but occasionally helps to advance the plot a little.