On May 4, 2016, the 3,900th article was added to the SuccuWiki!
Let Them Burn
|Lost Girl Series Article|
Lost Girl Series Articles
Lost Girl Series Characters
Lost Girl Series Episodes
|"Let Them Burn"|
|Lost Girl episode|
Hades gloats as Bo sits upon her throne
Overall Episode 76
|Directed by||Mairzee Almas|
|Written by||Sandra Chwialkowska|
|Produced by||Wendy Grean|
|Featured Music||See Section Below|
|Cinematography by||Craig Wright|
|Editing by||Ben Wilkinson|
|Original Air Date||October 18, 2015|
|Length||60 minutes (runtime)|
Short Summary List of Lost Girl Episodes
Detailed List of Lost Girl episodes
Bo discovers the truth about the Pyrippus and then makes a choice which endangers her Family and plays into Hades' hands
SuccuWiki Rating: (3.0)
Lost Girl is a Canadian developed and produced television series which premiered in the 2010 season on the television channel Showcase.
For further on Bo, the succubus of the series, see her article in the SuccuWiki here. For the series itself, see that article here. For a general discussion of Succubi and their mythos in the series, see that article here.
Let Them Burn was the fifteenth episode of the fifth season of the series, and the seventy-sixth overall episode of the Canadian television series Lost Girl. It was first shown on the Showcase Television Channel in Canada on October 18, 2015 at 9 PM Eastern time.
- Series: Lost Girl
- Season: 5
- Episode Number: 15 (76th Overall)
- Episode Title: Let Them Burn
- Directed by: Mairzee Almas
- Writing credits: Sandra Chwialkowska
- Production Company: Prodigy Pictures
- Running Time: 60 Minutes (Including Commercials)
- Country of Origin: Canada
- Originally Aired on: October 18, 2015 on the Showcase Television Channel in Canada
- Number of Canadian Viewers: Not Released
- Number of American Viewers: 387,000
|Actor / Actress||Role|
|Marie Ward||Lou Ann|
|Sam Malkin||Dark Fae Elder #1|
|Shakura S'Aida||Dark Fae Elder #2|
|Jon De Leon||Dark Fae Elder #3|
|Anthony Sherwood||Light Fae Elder #1|
|Dalal Badr||Light Fae Elder #2|
|Brenda Kamino||Light Fae Elder #3|
Music in this Episode
|Downtown||Whitehorse||Written by Luke Doucet|
|Romance||Courtesy of APM Music|
|String Quartet in G Major 2nd Movement||Courtesy of APM Music|
Kenzi and Bo find Vex critically injured and Tamsin missing. Vex survives, but cannot speak as his vocal cords were damaged. Kenzi suggests that all of Hades' victims were all connected to Bo and they need to learn more about Bo’s past and then Vex gives them a message that Bo’s midwife is alive and they need to see Evony to learn more. Bo and Kenzi learn that Evony has Bo’s midwife and she is working for Evony at a Fae horse ranch. Bo and Kenzi go to the horse ranch and Lou Ann confirms that Trick was the one that rescued her. When Bo talks about the Pyrippus, Lou Ann takes Bo and Kenzi to a stallion on the ranch. Bo calms the stallion, then discovers that the horseshoe does not fit. Bo then realizes that Hades is trying to control and make her submit in the same way that Lou Ann was trying to control the stallion. When Bo realizes this, she makes the connection that she is the Pyrippus. Bo then decides to face Hades, to give him what he wants from her, that of Bo surrendering to him, submitting to him.
Hades has imprisoned Tamsin, treating her in the same way that he did Aife, mentally abusing her and forcing Tamsin to resist him, but Hades tells Tamsin that she will not be able to stop him from taking Tamsin’s baby from her. Hades also clipped Tamsin’s wings. Bo goes to Hades, and finds Tamsin there, imprisoned. Bo tells Hades she came to him because she wanted to and that he should release Tamsin, however Hades reveals that Valkyrie die in childbirth and that is the fate of Tamsin. Bo then tells Hades she will side with him, but Hades demands that Bo kill her remaining friends to prove that she is his.
Dyson and Mark return to the Dal Riata, Dyson intending to call the most powerful Fae in the world together, but only calling the Light Fae, not the Dark. The Light Fae and the Dark Fae that appear confront each other, not trusting one another. Mark and Dyson come to blows over Mark’s decision to call both sides, Mark calling Dyson a coward. Mark has his first shift, becoming a black panther. Dyson then tells Mark to choose Light or Dark, Mark refusing to do so. Dyson then takes control of the situation, demanding that all Fae work together, revealing that Trick was the Blood King. The two sides agree to work together, to band against Hades.
Bo pours gasoline over her home, then calls her friends there who are trapped in the fire that she has set to the approval of Hades. Hades shows Bo a throne, having her take her place there as the episode ends.
The episode opens with a recap of the previous episode including: Bo being seen in her coma while Lauren and Dyson comment that Bo's mind couldn't accept the trauma of finding Trick and Aife dead in Hades' condominium. Tamsin telling Lauren that she is having a baby, followed by Lauren telling Dyson that he did not fail Trick, but Dyson only seeing his failure. Kenzi is then seen shaking Bo, trying to make her come out of her coma followed by Bo whispering "He's gone. Trick's really gone." Hades is then seen slitting Vex's throat, telling him to give Bo a message from him, Vex then falling to the floor, clutching his throat and convulsing.
The episode begins with a trail of fire along pavement that is then shown to lead towards Bo's home which is on fire. Kenzi (Ksenia Solo), Lauren (Zoie Palmer), Dyson (Kristen Holden-Ried) and Mark (Luke Bilyk) are then seen inside of the building, surrounded by the fire and trapped. As the group stands in the middle of the room they are in, the ceiling begins to collapse around them, making the situation worse. Dyson calls out: "Where's Bo?", Kenzi yelling: "She's supposed to be here!" then calling out for Bo. Lauren offers that Bo must be upstairs and the group rush towards the stairway, finding it full of fire, the walls and ceiling slowly collapsing. Kenzi cries: "I'm not leaving without her!" and attempts to rush up the stairs, but Dyson stops her, telling Kenzi it is far too dangerous. Mark calls out that they need to leave, but the exits have all either collapsed, are full of fire, or otherwise impassable. Kenzi whispers: "What the hell?" looks at the fire and then adds: "He did this." Lauren tells Kenzi: "We're completely trapped." Kenzi tells the others: "Jack did this!" The scene then shifts back outside, the camera moving slowly backwards until Bo (Anna Silk) is seen standing at the foot of the fire trail leading to her home, watching the fires and saying nothing.
Following the opening credits, we return, twentty-hout hours earlier to find Kenzi in Bo's home, trying to cook and setting off the fire detector. As Kenzi rushes to take what she was cooking out of the toaster oven, she calls out: "Bo? You're off carbs right?" then using a broom to try to move the smoke away from the fire detector, before using the broom to smash it and turn it off. Kenzi tells Bo: "You just got out of a coma. You should be on a liquid diet anyway." Bo then enters the room, thanking Kenzi, but adding: "You don't have to stick around." Kenzi is shocked and tells Bo: "Dude? Are you kidding me? You just lost Trick and Aife." Bo replies: "And Jack's not going to stop. But I don't want to drag you into this. You left for a very good reason." Kenzi pointedly tells Bo: "I came back for a very good reason. I went to Spain to get away from the Fae, not from my bestie." Bo and Kenzi look at each other, then Kenzi continues: "Besides, this crack shack will always be home." Kenzi then asks Bo what she is planning and Bo replies that she doesn't know but she does know it involves the Pyrippus. Bo continues: "Mythology says it is Hades' Hell Horse and I just have to find it." Kenzi tells Bo: "We gotta find it." Kenzi rests her head on Bo's shoulder a moment, then tells Bo she is going to check on Tamsin, commenting: "See if preggo wants some Eggo." Bo continues to look at some artwork of the Pyrippus as Kenzi leaves the room.
Kenzi is then seen walking up the stairs to Tamsin's room, covering her face with a towel and calling out: "Hey Tamsin! Better not see any stretch marks dude, you know how baby bumps freak me out Alien-styles." When Kenzi lowers the towel, she finds Vex (Paul Amos) laying on the floor in a pool of blood, one hand clutching his throat and unresponsive. As Kenzi presses the towel on Vex's wound, she cries out for Bo and tells Vex: "Okay. Hang on, hang on buddy, hang on." Bo races upstairs and after seeing what has happened to Vex makes a phone call, but as she waits for it to be answered, Bo looks out the open window in the room and whispers: "Oh Tamsin."
The scene then moves to a room elsewhere, where Tamsin (Rachel Skarsten) is being held in a similar cage as Hades used when he held Aife prisoner, a baby's crib being shown outside of the cage, empty. As Tamsin sits on the floor, leaning against one corner of the cage, Hades (Eric Roberts) enters the room and asks: "So... How are we doing this morning?" Tamsin does not look at him as she growls: "Knock me up, lock me up, and now you want to chat?" Hades idly comments: "Oh baby, you look tired. Have you been having trouble sleeping?" Tamsin continues to refuse to look at Hades, answering: "What do you think?" Hades continues: "I think you need to take care of yourself. You're about to become a momma. Which means you need to learn to put the baby's needs ahead of your own." Tamsin then looks at Hades, answering: "So you can raise it to be a demon child? If this baby grows up to be anything like Bo, you're out of luck. Raising her to be your 'agent of darkness' didn't really pan out did it?" Hades shrugs this off, telling Tamsin: "Well, that's why I chose a different breed for the mother. Someone that can better serve my needs." Tamsin looks away and whispers: "I think I'm going to throw up." Hades taunts: "Morning sickness, huh?" Tamsin growls: "General disgust." Hades ignores this, continuing: "Well. if it's alright with you, I'd like to do a biophysical profile, check the amniotic fluid, make sure everything is okay with my baby." Tamsin stares at Hades, then pulls herself off the floor and warns him: "Last time I checked, this was my body so don't, for one second, think this baby is yours." Hades is nonplussed and replies: "Ah... That's the spunk I love." Hades then walks away, Tamsin on the edge of tears, she then kicking the bars of her cage in anger.
Lauren (Zoie Palmer), Bo and Kenzi are then seen talking about Vex as he lays in Lauren's clinic, Lauren explaining: "His vocal cords were severed, but his arteries weren't cut, it's the only reason he's still alive." Bo rushes up to Vex, demanding to know if Hades had attacked him, Kenzi asking Vex if he knows where Tamsin is. Dyson then appears and asks Vex if Hades took Tamsin. Lauren interrupts them, reminding them all that Vex cannot speak before handing Vex a small writing pad and a marker to write with. When Bo asks who attacked him, Vex writes: "Guess." Kenzi sighs: "Guess that means Jack." Dyson comments that Hades must have Tamsin then as well before Bo adds: "She's all alone with him just like my mother was. Who knows what he's done to her." Dyson then turns away, intent on confronting Hades, but Bo reminds Dyson they tried attacking Hades directly and it failed. Dyson insists they cannot leave Tamsin with Hades and Bo tries to make Dyson understand that: "You can't just walk in there, that's how people get killed. We have to be smart." Dyson considers this and then agrees with Bo, turning away as he adds: "But I can't just sit here." As Dyson leaves, Vex attempts to use his powers to make Lauren give him more painkillers, but after Lauren tells Vex he can't "just have it happen", Vex releases her and Lauren increases the dosage that Vex is getting through his IV, commenting: "Turning me into an enabler." Kenzi then shows Bo the horseshoe she had received from Zeus and asks Bo if it is the answer. Bo explains: "I don't know what Jack's planning, but I think it has something to do with the Pyrippus and I think that horseshoe can control it." Kenzi suggests: "What you do say we go get this crazy horse?" Bo replies: "We need to come up with a plan." Kenzi then muses: "Okay. Trick, Aife, Vex, Tamsin. All of Jack's victims have one thing in common. All roads lead to Bo." Bo seems not to hear what Kenzi is saying, continuing to comment: "Whatever he is planning... Whatever was his end game, he's been planning it from the moment I was born." Lauren wonders: "If that's true, then who else would know? Who was there at your birth?" Kenzi ponders: "Aife. The nurse..." Bo sighs: "Everyone with answers is dead." Vex then writes on his pad: "Midwife alive" Bo is shocked, asking how Vex could know that and the next message reads: "Ask Evony"
The scene then moves to an upper class home where a doorman opens the main doors to allow both Kenzi and Bo to enter. Kenzi looks around and comments: "This is where Evony lives now? Damn girl." As they walk the hallway, Bo tells Kenzi: "Just so you know, she's really sick. She might not look like her Morrigan self." Kenzi snaps her fingers: "Her Karma's a bitch disease. Got it." Kenzi is then served a drink by a maid, who Kenzi thanks, but Bo kindly refuses. After taking a sip, Kenzi comments: "Fresh mimosas. Respect." then adds: "Her butler has a butler." Off in the distance, Evony's voice is heard: "I would like to thank the Board of Directors who toiled so hard to put together this fundraiser." Bo and Kenzi enter the room where Evony (Emmanuelle Vaugier) is speaking to see an assembled group of women there. Evony continues to speak, calling out several individual's names before ending with her thanks for the success of the gathering and adding: "Your support is crucial for finding a cure for this disease." Bo and Kenzi stare at Evony, amazed at how she appears to be, not seeming to be obviously suffering from her curse, Kenzi commenting: "She doesn't look all that sick to me." Bo answering: "No kidding." Evony then notes Bo and Kenzi there and introduces Bo and Kenzi as "special guests", adding they are just in time for High Tea. Bo comments to Kenzi: "Tamsin is missing. I don't exactly have an appetite." Kenzi reminds Bo they need answers and: "It looks like we're going to have to high tea to get them."
After the first commercial break, we return to find Evony walking among the collected women and commenting to Bo and Kenzi: "Being human is a riot, and the gossip? This committee has more drama than a Dark Fae blood feud." Bo replies: "Your fundraising is impressive." Evony explains: "I figure if I couldn't Fae my way out of my disease, I might as well throw money at it. As Committee Chair, I've raised over 100 million dollars in 10 days." Kenzi comments: "Move over Melinda Gates." Evony then asks what Bo and Kenzi want, assuming they are not there to donate and Bo explains she is looking for the midwife that abducted her, Kenzi adding that Vex told them that Evony knows where she is. Evony smiles as she tells Bo: "Ever since I met you I wanted to kill you." Bo replies: "Yeah. So I've gathered." Evony continues: "And not just because of your porcelain complexion. When I learned the Unaligned Succubus could suck multiple Chis, I knew I had to keep my eye on you. But when I couldn't figure out what made you tick, I just wanted you dead." Kenzi comments: "Good strategy. Decisive." Evony continues: "What else do you do with a weird mole? You burn it off." Bo comments: "I always love being compared to a weird mole." Evony brushes this off as she continues: "Now that I'm human, I'm a lot more lax about the secrets of the Dark Fae." Bo asks Evony if she knows where Bo's midwife is and Evony reveals: "Trick saved her from execution years ago. He thought he pulled one over on me. but I took her. Figured she'd come in handy when it came time to taking you down." Bo sighs: "You knew all this time and you said nothing." Evony pointedly replies: "I wanted you dead. Why would I tell you anything? But things are different now, funny what being human does to you. You know, I never could figure out why you always chose humans. Now I'm starting to see why." Evony notices the ring Kenzi is wearing, calling it "nice bling" and Kenzi tells Evony: "Thanks. Trick left it to me." Evony is silent for a moment, then sadly replies: "I heard. My condolences." Bo nods in reply, then Evony continues: "If the Light Fae wasn't enough of a gong show, I can't imagine what losing the Ash will do and with Hades at large? Forget it." Bo tells Evony: "Hades got Tamsin pregnant, then he took her." Evony whispers: "Here we go again." Evony warns Bo: "Take it from someone that likes to get what she wants. He won't stop." Bo again asks Evony where Bo's midwife is and Evony explains: "She plays with my ponies." Kenzi asks: "Bo's midwife is a brony?" Evony continues: "I locked her up at my ranch. Turns out she was great with horses, so I figured, what the hell, let her take care of them. I needed someone to shovel the shit." Bo asks: "Fae horse ranch?" but Evony does not reply, taking a drink instead.
Returning to Tamsin, she is standing in her prison, staring off into space when something catches her attention. She calls out Hades' name, and after receiving no answer, attempts to break the lock and chain that is keeping her cell closed. After rattling the bars of her prison, Hades then appears and asks: "What's all the ruckus?" When asked if she is okay, Tamsin replies: "Sure. Nothing like cage living." Hades suggests: "Take it easy, can't be too careful in your condition." Tamsin answers: "You try not eating for a day." Hades offhandedly replies: "If you were hungry, all you had to do was ask." Hades then rolls in a serving cart, offering Tamsin a plate of "scrambled Phoenix eggs" as a meal. Tamsin turns away from the offering, telling Hades: "I think I just lost my appetite." Hades then presents Tamsin with a fork and the plate, reminding her: "You're eating for two." Tamsin pauses, then takes the fork and the plate, retreating back in her cage to try and eat what she has been given, Hades commenting: "Atta girl."
Dyson and Mark are then seen entering the Dal Riata, which is filling up with floral and other tributes for Trick. The pair look at the assembled tributes, Mark commenting: "The Dal's been closed since... But the deliveries keep on coming." Dyson nods: "He was loved by many people." Mark looks at the bar and sighs that he expects Trick to be standing at the bar. Dyson makes a decision and tells Mark: "If we are going to defeat Hades, we need to gather our strength. I want to call Consilium." Dyson explains it is a gathering of the most powerful Fae Elders in the world, adding that one had not been called in 1,200 years. Dyson explains to Mark: "In Trick's lair, in the fireplace, there is a censer. I want you to burn these in it. It will summon the Light Fae Elders." When Mark asks about the Dark Fae Elders, Dyson explains: "You release a flock of ravens. It's called a Black Cloud." When Mark asks where to fine the ravens, Dyson clearly tells Mark to only summon the Light Fae. Mark asks: "Why? Power in numbers right?" Dyson tells Mark: "The Dark have no place at our councils." Mark questions this, asking what the difference is and Dyson seems confused by the question. When Mark asks how one tells if they are Light or Dark, Dyson's answer is: "Trust me. You know. Stick with the Light." Mark sighs as he turns away to perform the task that Dyson asked him to.
The scene then moves to a ranch where Bo and Kenzi drive up in Bo's car. Getting out of the car, Bo comments: "I can't believe that Evony hid her all of these years." Kenzi sighs: "I hope it's not too late." As the pair walk around the ranch, Bo sighs: "Okay midwife. What has Evony done with you." There is a shift in location, seemingly to mean that Bo and Kenzi have been walking for some time, Kenzi asking: "Are we there yet?" After Bo tells Kenzi to hurry up, Kenzi steps in some horse manure and cries out: "No! Not the Choos!" As Kenzi struggles to catch up, Bo comes to a stop and whispers: "I guess weren't not alone." There is the distant sound of galloping horses and then six white horses crest a hill, all heading towards Bo. Kenzi sings to herself: "She'll be driving six white horses when she comes..." All of the horses come to a halt immediately around Bo, all of them looking at her. After a moment, Kenzi calls out quietly: "Um... Bobo? Are we like, Fae horse whispering right now? Should I leave y'all alone?" Bo says nothing, then a woman's voice calls out: "They're happy to see you." When Bo turns around, she comes face to face with Lou Ann (Marie Ward) who bo recognizes as: "Lou Ann Heidegger. You were on Death Row, you're supposed to be dead." Kenzi asks: "Are you a ghost?" Lou Ann explains: "Trick saved me from execution. I owe him my life." Bo whispers: "You're my midwife?" Lou Ann says nothing and as the scene ends, the three women are seen from above, the six horses standing with them.
After another commercial break, we return to find Bo asking Lou Ann why she did not tell Bo who she was and is told that Trick made Lou Ann promise to say nothing for her own protection, adding: "He made mistakes with his own Daughter. He wanted to make up for it so he hired me to rescue her from the Dark." Bo is confused over this as Lou Ann continues: "When he found out that Aife was pregnant, he asked me to birth you and take you too. But the day I arrived you had already been born. Aife was sick. She wanted to kill you Bo. So, I took you and hid you among humans." Bo sighs: "It was Trick... I wish I'd known." Kenzi tells Bo: "He always had your back." Lou Ann continues: "He wanted to keep you as far away from the Fae as possible for your own protection." Then Lou Ann asks Bo why she is there and Bo replies: "I think my father is trying to get me back. I need to find the Pyrippus." Lou Ann questions this, Kenzi adding: "Hell Horse? Evil Steed? Devil's Pony?" Bo continues: "It is depicted as a stallion that breaths fire and I know my father has something to do with it." Kenzi then shows Lou Ann the horseshoe that Bo has possession of, explaining: "We think we can control it with this." Lou Ann then turns, walking away as she tells them: "Saddle up. We're going for a ride."
Tamsin is then seen, still trapped in her cage. Hades enters the room, telling Tamsin he will return and then leaves. As soon as Hades has departed, Tamsin moves to the lock of the cage, using the fork she had been eating with earlier in the episode in an attempt to pick the lock. As she does so, Hades is then seen watching Tamsin attempt to escape from a different point in the room before surprising Tamsin by asking: "Going somewhere?" When Tamsin tells Hades she thought he left, he replies: "I forgot to ask if you needed anything from the outside. But I can see you are trying to stretch your legs." Tamsin looks at Hades and tells him: "Legs? No. You forgot when you chose a breed that Valkyries like me, we have wings." Tamsin then attempts to spread her wings, but then is confused when they do not appear. Hades comments: "Darling, you won't be using those for a while" as it is shown the only thing remaining of Tamsin's wings are stumps that barely extend past her skin. Tamsin demands to know what Hades did, he replying: "I clipped your wings while you were sleeping. It's not wise to fly in your condition." Tamsin whispers: "I know why Aife wanted to kill Bo." Tamsin holds the fork against her womb as she continues: "If this baby's evil, maybe I should do the same thing." Hades is unimpressed, asking if Tamsin really would do such a thing. Tamsin sobs as she looks at Hades, dropping the fork to the floor as she does so, turning away from Hades and curling up in one corner of her cage. She tells Hades: "I'm not gonna let this baby be evil. I'm not going to let this baby serve you." Hades replies in an amused voice: "I look forward to seeing you try." Tamsin tells Hades, again, that she will not allow it, but Hades replies: "Tamsin, come on, we both know what will happen when the baby's born." Hades then turns and walks away, leaving Tamsin alone and crying.
Bo, Kenzi and Lou Ann are then seen on horseback. When Kenzi asks what the names of their mounts are, Lou Ann replies: "Bo is riding Liamrei. She was once owned by King Arthur." Lou Ann then tells of the horse she is riding: "And this is Bucephalus. He led Alexander the Fae to victory." Kenzi asks: "Who did my guy lead to victory?" Lou Ann explains: "That's Otis. He never had a master, but he's definitely one of a kind." There is the sound of Otis passing wind and Kenzi comments: "Of course I get the farty pony." Bo turns to Lou Ann and asks if they can move faster, Lou Ann telling Bo they are almost to their destination. She continues: "I must warn you, the stallion is wild and extremely dangerous." When Kenzi asks if it might be the Pyrippus, Bo replies: "We'll know soon enough." Bo then asks Lou Ann: "From midwife to rancher, how'd that happen?" Lou Ann explains: "The Morrigan took me from one prison and put me in another. No that it mattered. When I lost my kids, nothing else mattered. Even after Trick rescued me I had nothing to live for. Working with the horses helps, something to love that loves you back. It's funny. This was meant to be a prison but it saved me. I miss my kids every day, my husband." Lou Ann then asks if Kenzi is doing alright, adding: "Unicorns are known to be a bit gassy." Kenzi, in a surprised voice asks: "Hold up. Otis is a unicorn?" Lou Ann explains: "He is a rescue from Scotland. His horn was cut off by poachers. He's the last one of his kind." Kenzi is silent for a moment, then giggles: "I can't believe that I am riding a freakin' unicorn!" Otis then passes wind again and Kenzi sighs: "Oh god Otis..." The three then approach a stable, coming to a stop just outside of it. Lou Ann points out the stallion who approaches the fence, jumping onto its hind legs, whinnying, and then breathing fire from its snout several times. Kenzi asks: "Is that a horse or a dragon?" Bo looks at the horse and whispers: "It's the Pyrippus."
Back at the Dal Riata, a group of Fae Elders are in the midst of an argument about what to do about Hades. One Elder demands they take action, another argues that doing so would reveal the Fae, while another demands they protect themselves. The arguments continue while Mark and Dyson watch from a short distance away. Dyson asks: "What the hell is this?" Mark answers: "A Consilium?" Dyson tells Mark that he was told to gather the Light Fae, but Mark tells Dyson: "We are dealing with Hades." Dyson tells Mark: These are the most powerful Fae that exist in our world." Mark laughing asks: "So what are we talking about? A bunch of wizards in bathrobes?" Dyson angrily explains: "With the Light Ash dead and The Morrigan turned human, there's no one in control here." Mark tells Dyson: "Trick left us the Dal because it's a Sanctuary." Dyson yells at Mark: "Does this look like a Sanctuary?" Mark yells back: "Just because they're Dark doesn't mean they can't help!" Dyson continues: "The divide between the Light and the Dark has always stood for a good reason." Make sighs: "Of course you'd say that."
Returning to the ranch, Lou Ann explains to Bo: "We did everything. Isolated him, tried to gain his trust, but no one has been able to break him." When Bo asks what Lou Ann means, she is told: "Horses are wild by nature, so the one that breaks them gains their loyalty and servitude for life. They need to surrender to be trained properly." Bo then opens Kenzi's handbag, removing the horseshoe and approaching the stallion. As she does so, Kenzi tells Bo: "Do you not see the flames coming out of his nose?" but Bo says nothing, continuing to walk towards the stallion.
Bo enters the range, moving closer to the stallion. holding the horseshoe out in front of her and speaking softly to the stallion as she does so. The stallion rears up several times, breathing fire until, when Bo is directly in front of the stallion, the flames are directed at her. However, before they can touch Bo, the horseshoe she is holding deflects the fire away, leaving her untouched. Bo then is able to touch the the snout of the stallion and uses her powers to calm him. As Bo does so, she comments: "You don't like being in here do you boy? It's okay. It's alright." The stallion calms under Bo's touch, voice and powers until Bo is able to walk alongside the stallion, raising one of the stallion's hooves and comparing her horseshoe with it. It is clearly seen that the horseshoe is the incorrect size for the stallion and Bo calls out: "It's too big!" Kenzi asks if Bo is sure, Bo replying: "He looks exactly like the Pyrippus from the painting. I don't get it, why doesn't it fit?" Lou Ann then asks: "Are you sure you are looking for a horse?" When Bo asks what Lou Ann means, she is told: "Horses have often been used in works of art to depict powerful forces of nature." Bo considers a moment, then replies: "You said you were trying to break this stallion, to gain his loyalty and servitude. That's what Jack's been trying to do to me." Lou Ann tells Bo: "In one of her rants, Aife once said she wanted to kill her baby because someone put something evil inside of it." Kenzi wonders: "Well, maybe that wasn't just one of her rants." Bo whispers: "Does that mean the Pyrippus is..."
After still another commercial break, Bo and Kenzi are seen walking through the ranch together. Bo comments: "So, I'm the Pyrippus. The Pyrippus is... me." Kenzi tells Bo: "I'm trying, I'm struggling. I've known you for what? Five years? Yes, you do have a lustrous mane of hair, but you don't have a horserace. It's more... oval." Bo wonders: "What if when I chi-sucked all of those people to save Lauren from the Lich..." Kenzi continues: "... and super sucked us to save Dyson during your Dawning..." Bo adds: "What if that was the Pyrippus taking over? What if it's been inside of me all of this time?" Kenzi sighs: "Then Jack has been playing the long game for a long time." Bo admits: "But I can't control it Kenzi. I mean, when it happens... I lose myself." Kenzi replies: "Scary voice, crazy eyes, yeah, I know." Bo tells Kenzi: "I felt my father taking control of the Pyrippus when the cinvat opened. I don't want to lose myself again." Kenzi replies: "I'm not going to let you okay?" Bo comes to a stop and then wonders: "If Jack created the Pyrippus, he needs it. I need to go to him." Kenzi argues this, but Bo brushes off Kenzi's concerns explaining: "If he is trying to break my spirit like I'm some kind of wild horse, then I have to help him with the next step." Kenzi asks what that is and Bo replies: "I surrender." Kenzi asks Bo to explain exactly what she means and Bo explains: "Jack is not going to stop until he gets what he wants. The Pyrippus. Me." When Kenzi tells Bo this is not a good idea, Bo continues: "Kenzi, I don't have a choice." Bo then gets into her car, Kenzi following a moment later, nothing else being said between them as Bo drives away from the ranch.
Back at the Dal Riata, the Fae Elders are still arguing and fighting among themselves. Dyson tells Mark they need to remove the Dark Fae from the Dal Riata, but Mark tells Dyson: "You could lead the meeting, seeing how they're already here." Dyson replies: "It's not my place." Mark tells Dyson: "Right. Because you don't lead. You just serve." Dyson angrily tells Mark: We don't work with the Dark!" Mark then asks: "What if I was Dark?" Dyson states: "You're not." Mark looks around the room: "Vex was almost killed protecting Tamsin." Dyson replies: "Vex? For all we know, he could be colluding with Jack." Mark sighs: "You've never trusted him. But I do." Mark then turns on Dyson, growling: "Unlike you, he's not a coward!" Dyson angrily tells Mark: "I will let that go because you have no idea what it is like to be responsible for people. I will let that go because you are still a child who runs from his own problems. You haven't even shifted yet!" Mark says nothing, then walks away from Dyson. Dyson hesitates, thinking about what he said, then follows after Mark who has left the Dal Riata. Dyson calls out Mark's name, but he does not answer. When Dyson asks Mark to come out, it is revealed that Mark had undergone his first shift which reveals that he is a panther-shifter. Dyson talks to Mark in his shifted state, explaining to him that he needs to shift back into being human, to not allow the animal part of him to take control. Dyson tells Mark what needs to happen, to return to himself and after a short moment of indecision Mark shifts back, curled up on the floor beside Dyson. Dyson helps Mark to his feet, then gives Mark his jacket, smiling and simply saying: "You did it. I thought you'd be a wolf, but you manifested what's inside of you." Dyson then tells Mark: "Now you get to choose." Mark tells Dyson he will not choose, but Dyson tells him: "You have to, we all do." Mark reminds Dyson: "Bo didn't." Dyson bluntly tells Mark: "That's different." Mark gives Dyson a hard look, then tells him: "I guess it's time for me to go." As Mark walks off, Dyson calls out for him to stop, then tells Mark: "I love you. You're my son and you will always be my son." The two then look at each other and nod, together, once.
Bo arrives at Hades' condominium, alone and calls out for Hades. Tamsin, elsewhere in the condominium hears Bo and screams out Bo's name. As Bo moves towards Tamsin, Hades comments: "You're home." Bo then turns around to find that Hades is standing behind her as Tamsin continues to call out Bo's name. Hades dismisses Tamsin as: "Don't worry about Tamsin. She's emotional, but she's fine. Hormones." Bo tells Hades: "I didn't come for her. I came to see you." Hades comments: "Last time we spoke, you weren't very happy with me." Bo smiles: "Well, I'm here now. To help you." Hades wonders why he still needs Bo's help as he as moved onto a new plan, calling it "Plan B. B for Baby." Tamsin screams out: "Bo! You have to help me! He took my wings!" Hades chuckles at Tamsin's screams as Bo walks closer to him, telling Hades: "A baby is just... a baby. Not a sure thing and I'm a sure thing." Hades shrugs: "It may delay my plans but babies have a tendency to grow up and I can wait. Because if I am anything, it's patient, as you know." Bo smiles: "You waited a long time for me. But I'm here now." Hades smirks: "Oh, I'm so glad to hear that." Bo continues that Hades does not need Tamsin and tells him: "There's no point for her to die in there." Hades then reveals to Bo: "It is a little known fact, but Valkyries die in childbirth and Tamsin is no exception."
Following still another commercial break, Bo tells Hades: "I'm here to do whatever you need me to do." Hades laughs: "Forgive me if I don't believe you Bo, but I'm having a hard time following this little act of yours." Bo insists that she isn't acting and she explains: "For a long time I've been trying to figure out who I really am,where I really came from, what I'm really meant to do and the people I've called my family have been lying to me from day one." Hades replies: "I'm glad to hear you finally say that." Bo presses on with: "But you've been honest with me from the moment I released you from Tartarus." Hades comments: "I said I would never lie to you." Bo continues: "I know that now, I know why you did what you did to Trick and Aife. You had to. It was the only way I could see the truth. And the truth is, dad, we have a greater purpose. You're the only one that I can trust. You're my family." Hades smiles: "I'm glad to see that I have earned your trust, but if you want to work with me, there's something I need you to do."
Returning to the Dal Riata, the Dark and Light Fae Elders are still fighting among themselves, unable to trust one another to turn against Hades. One Elder suggests that they summon the Jotunn, another calling them the Frost Giants and scoffing at the suggestion. The discussion continues to devolve into a shouting match until Dyson calls out loudly: "I call Sanctuary!" which silences the room. Having the attention of all there, Dyson then tells the Elders: "I called Consilium to forge a peace." One Elder scoffs at this, calling the Dark Fae "parasites" which angers them further. Dyson shouts: "Enough!" When things calm, slightly, Dyson continues: "The Light and Dark have been on the edge of war for over a thousand years, but we are about to face the greatest foe the Fae have ever fought. Now, more than ever, we must come together." One Dark Elder asks: "Why do you consider the Light in this manner. Only the Dark can vanquish Hades." Dyson refutes this by explaining: "Hades is neither Light nor Dark, he transcends both." Another Dark Elder wonders: "Why should we trust a wolf? Especially one who has been intimate with the unaligned Succubus, Hades' own daughter?" Dyson nods: "It's true. Bo is Hades' daughter. But she is also the Granddaughter of the Blood King." This causes some confusion, one Elder calling Trick being the Blood King a rumour and nothing more. Dyson replies: "Trick hid his secret well." Another Elder states: "If Trick was the Blood King, he would have shown his power." Dyson answers: "That was not his way. He could have killed you all, but instead he chose peace. To him the Dal Riata was a place of Sanctuary. So, as a tribute to the Blood King, I ask you to join me in creating that peace." There is a long silence, the assembled Fae looking towards themselves and each other before Dyson is asked what they should do. Dyson answers: "We must unite our strength if we are to vanquish Hades." The first to reply is a Dark Fae Elder who draws a blade and then states: "I offer Naginata." A Light Fae Elder follows by raising his staff and stating: "And I Kalidanda, Ballast of Death. The weapons are placed upon a table and then the balance of the assembled Fae add their weapons to the offering in silence.
Bo is then seen at home, packing a small bag and zipping it closed. She picks up a gas can and looks around her home before pouring gasoline throughout her home. When she is finished doing so, Bo then sets the timer on her toaster oven, which is filled with rags, before calling Kenzi and telling her: "Kenzi? It's me. I need you to get everyone and meet me at the clubhouse. Yes. Now. I have a plan. Okay. See you soon." After Bo hangs up she sighs: "Sorry guys, but it's better this way." Bo then picks up her bag and the gas can, taking one last look around her home before walking away.
Dyson, Kenzi, Lauren and Mark are then seen entering Bo's home, Dyson commenting: "Do you smell that? It's kerosine." Lauren calls out Bo's name, but Bo does not answer. As Kenzi enters, she comments: "She said she had a plan" and as Kenzi says this there is the sound of an explosion as the toaster oven bursts into flames and the fire begins to spread. In moments they are surrounded by the flames, and the opening sequence plays out again. As the group stands in the middle of the room they are in, the ceiling begins to collapse around them, making the situation worse. Dyson calls out: "Where's Bo?", Kenzi yelling: "She's supposed to be here!" then calling out for Bo. Lauren offers that Bo must be upstairs and the group rush towards the stairway, finding it full of fire, the walls and ceiling slowly collapsing. Kenzi cries: "I'm not leaving without her!" and attempts to rush up the stairs, but Dyson stops her, telling Kenzi it is far too dangerous. Mark calls out that they need to leave, but the exits have all either collapsed, are full of fire, or otherwise impassable. Kenzi whispers: "What the hell?" looks at the fire and then adds: "He did this." Lauren tells Kenzi: "We're completely trapped." Kenzi tells the others: "Jack did this!" The scene then shifts back outside, the camera moving slowly backwards until Bo is seen standing at the foot of the fire trail leading to her home, watching the fires and saying nothing. Hades then walks into view and, after watching the fire for a moment, tells Bo: "I know that was very hard for you, but you can still save your friends if you want to. What do you want to do?" Bo is silent, then replies: "Let them burn."
After the final commercial break, we find Dyson, Kenzi, Lauren and Mark still trapped in the fire. A cross beam begins to collapse onto them, but Dyson steps underneath and supports it, keeping the ceiling from caving in on them. Kenzi and Lauren are seen on the floor, Kenzi insisting: "Bo is up there! We have to get her!" Lauren replies: "No! She's not here!" and Mark adding: "We need to find a way out of here!" Mark sees Dyson struggling and calls out: "Dad!" Dyson yelling as he continues to hold up the beam: "I can't let this go! The whole building will come down on us!"
Bo and Hades are seen returning to the condominium where Hades leads Bo towards a throne made of white stone. Bo asks: "What's this?" Hades replies: "It is for you. Do you like it?" Bo runs her hand along the armrest as she walks beside it, then taking her place there, crossing her leg and looking forwards, then replying: "I love it." Hades nods: "Good. It's time for the next phase." Hades then places his hand over the mark that Bo carries on her chest, causing it to glow brightly, then telling Bo: "I'm going to need your help." Bo stares forwards, not saying anything as Tamsin's voice is heard calling Bo's name, but then turns towards the sound of Tamsin's voice. Tamsin is seen in her cell, laying on the floor as she sobs: "Bo... Why won't you help me?" Hades asks Bo: "Does that bother you?" Bo looks forwards once more and replies: "Not at all." Hades smiles: "Good. Are you ready?" Bo's eyes turn bright blue and she answers: "I was born ready." Hades nodding: "That's my girl." The final image of the episode is Hades standing behind Bo, at her right shoulder, the two looking out over the city that is visible from the balcony they are perched upon as the episode ends.
Questions in this Episode
- How did Hades manage to get Tamsin out of the window in her room? It wasn't exactly the largest thing, Tamsin must have struggled with him at some point as well.
- As Vex survived the attack, if unable to talk, will he be talking in the finale or not? If he can, how is that going to be accomplished? Vex has never been seen to have a rapid healing ability.
- Being that Tamsin described her child as feeling like an eel inside of her, does this mean the child isn't fully human?
- Why was Kenzi carrying around Bo's horseshoe? Wouldn't it have made a lot more sense for Bo to keep it with her?
- Interestingly, Bo continued to delay and make plans throughout the episode, only really being focused when she was in possession of the horseshoe.
- As of this episode, the favour that Kenzi owes Evony has not been repaid. Is it ever going to be or is this one of those plot lines that will remain forever dangling?
- It's not clear what good it would have done for Evony to hold Lou Ann. What possibly use could she be in hurting, harming, or killing Bo?
- What is Evony's charity called? The Evony Fund? Save a Morrigan?
- If the Consilium called the most powerful Fae in the world to the Dal Riata, how does that work? Where they nearby already or are they able to sense they are being called?
- If Lou Ann was on the ranch for so long, how was she kept there? If it was by other Fae, then wouldn't that information get out somehow?
- Being that Lou Ann didn't initially have an idea what the Pyrippus was until Bo mentioned a stallion that breathed fire, other than the connection of breathing fire, what other evidence did they have that the stallion was the Pyrippus?
- What kept the wild Fae stallion in its range? Was there some kind of barrier there?
- As Bo has been revealed to be the Pyrippus, how is the horseshoe being used by her, if at all?
- Why did it take so long for Bo to put the pieces together? It has been clear that she has been manipulated by Hades, and he wants her to obey him, he's said this in a roundabout way many times.
- Since when has Bo realized what happens when her "other self" is in control? She never remembered it, no one ever talked about it. So where did this realization come from?
- The most obvious use of the horseshoe is for Bo to use it to control the Pyrippus, to override Hades' control. The question is how does that happen? Does Bo wear it? Does she just hold it? Does she strike Hades with it? Might she place it over the mark her father gave her and it replaces that mark? The last seems the most likely and would answer two problems: Getting rid of Hades' control and getting rid of Hades without killing Bo at the same time. The other possibility is that Kenzi retains the horseshoe, being Bo's heart, and she uses it to contain the Pyrippus.
- Where is the logical leap that takes Bo from resisting Hades to helping him? It's not really explained how Bo came to that conclusion.
- Dyson's claim that "We don't work with the Dark!" is untrue. Tamsin alone is a clear example of Dyson working with the Dark Fae. It might have been in the heat of the moment with Mark, but it was very un-Dyson-like.
- Being that Mark and Dyson came to blows over choosing Light or Dark, is Mark going to choose to be Dark Fae in the next episode? Or is it more likely that, in the end, Bo's actions remove the barriers between Light and Dark, the terms becoming meaningless officially as they have otherwise been throughout the series?
- The point of the series was, from the beginning, that Bo would choose her own life and who she was. Is that, finally, going to happen for the Fae as a whole?
- What exactly pushed Dyson to believe that Vex was possibly working for Hades? There was no evidence of this, the only real source being Dyson's dislike of Vex. That's very thin for a reason, and it isn't exactly Dyson-like as a whole. Being a detective, Dyson should know better than to make assumptions.
- Trapped in the fire were Dyson, Kenzi, Lauren and Mark. Vex was not present and Tamsin was imprisoned by Hades. The question is how do those trapped in the fire get out, and if Vex is the one that rescues them. It should be noted that neither Bo, nor Hades, actually saw the end result of the fire that Bo set.
- How was it that the fire spread so quickly, but more to the point, how is it that only about a minute of fire would start everything collapsing? While the clubhouse wasn't in the best shape, it wasn't exactly going to fall apart in a stiff breeze either. As well, considering that the way out was right behind all of them, they could have made it out before things totally went to hell.
- Between Bo seeing Hades and the fire being lit, it's entirely possible that Bo met with her Family and they made a plan to fool Hades. So, how do they overcome him?
- The throne that Bo is seen sitting in, what is the significance of it?
- Hades said that Tamsin will die when she gives birth. Is it possible that the child that Tamsin gives birth to is Tamsin herself, in a new life, and she isn't purely a Valkyrie which would free her from her own fate?
Answers in this Episode
- At the end of the previous episode, Hades had spirited Tamsin out of Bo's home, this only being discovered in this episode when Kenzi found Vex when she was looking for Tamsin.
- Kenzi told Bo: "I came back for a very good reason. I went to Spain to get away from the Fae, not from my bestie." Kenzi also said: "This crack shack will always be home."
- Kenzi was the first to find Vex bleeding out after Hades left when she went looking for Tamsin. Bo was the second one to arrive and Bo noticed that the window in Tamsin's room was open and Tamsin was missing.
- Vex survived Hades' attack, having lost a lot of blood, but not enough to kill him. However, Vex's vocal cords were cut which, according to Lauren, saved Vex's life.
- Tamsin was taken by Hades to his condominium where she was placed in a cage similar to that used by Hades when he was holding Aife prisoner.
- Hades told Tamsin he chose her because he wanted "Someone that can better serve my needs."
- Hades' attitude towards Tamsin is cool, almost clinical, having no real concern about her in spite of what he says. His only interest is that Tamsin's child will be something that he can use in his plans.
- Vex could not speak, but used a small whiteboard to communicate.
- Vex informed Bo that her mother's midwife, Lou Ann was still alive and that Bo needed to find Evony to learn more.
- Lou Ann last appeared in the First Season episode Vexed, being sentenced to death for the apparent killing of her family. Trick however saved her life and then Evony imprisoned Lou Ann with the intent of using her to harm Bo at some future point, but did not.
- Evony seems to have changed her focus towards the idea of throwing money at her problem, but making it seem like a human disease rather than a Fae created one she is suffering from.
- Evony seems to host very successful fundraising events.
- Evony is aware that Trick is dead, possibly Aife as well. She did give her condolences to Bo.
- Evony told Bo she didn't tell her about Lou Ann because: "I wanted you dead. Why would I tell you anything?"
- Evony warns Bo: "If the Light Fae wasn't enough of a gong show, I can't imagine what losing the Ash will do and with Hades at large? Forget it."
- Evony warns Bo about Hades: "Take it from someone that likes to get what she wants. He won't stop."
- Evony revealed to Bo that Trick saved Lou Ann: "from execution years ago. He thought he pulled one over on me. but I took her. Figured she'd come in handy when it came time to taking you down."
- Evony explained to Bo about Lou Ann that she: "locked her up at my ranch. Turns out she was great with horses, so I figured, what the hell, let her take care of them. I needed someone to shovel the shit."
- Lou Ann, since the end of Vexed, has been kept by Evony on her Fae horse ranch.
- Since Trick's death the Dal Riata has been closed. Dyson and Mark have not attempted to open it.
- Flowers and other tributes have been arriving regardless at the Dal Riata for Trick even though it has been closed.
- Dyson noted that Trick was: "loved by many people."
- Dyson called a Consilium, a meeting of the Fae, at the Dal Riata. Dyson explains it is a gathering of the most powerful Fae Elders in the world. Dyson noted that one had not been called in 1,200 years.
- Dyson intended to call only the Light Fae, but Mark also called the Dark Fae as well to the Consilium.
- When Mark asked how one knew if they were Light or Dark Fae, Dyson replied: "You just know."
- Bo and Kenzi found Lou Ann at Evony's Fae horse ranch.
- Initially when Bo arrived, no one seemed to be present, but Bo and Kenzi then encountered six white horses, then Lou Ann, and then a fire breathing stallion.
- Lou Ann told Bo that Trick: "When he found out that Aife was pregnant, he asked me to birth you and take you too. But the day I arrived you had already been born. Aife was sick. She wanted to kill you Bo. So, I took you and hid you among humans. He wanted to keep you as far away from the Fae as possible for your own protection."
- Kenzi tells Bo: "He (Trick) always had your back."
- Hades clipped Tamsin's wings when she was asleep at some point prior to the episode.
- Tamsin told Hades she would keep her baby from serving him. Hades laughingly told Tamsin to try.
- The horses seen in the episode are: "Bo is riding Liamrei. She was once owned by King Arthur." Lou Ann rode: "...this is Bucephalus. He led Alexander the Fae to victory." Kenzi rode: ""... Otis. He never had a master, but he's definitely one of a kind. Otis is a unicorn. He is a rescue from Scotland. His horn was cut off by poachers. He's the last one of his kind."
- Kenzi received in this episode, one of her wishes, to see a unicorn.
- The initial result of Mark's actions to call both Light and Dark Fae was they argued with each other, having no direction or purpose.
- Lou Ann told Bo that they had tried many different means to break the stallion from being wild.
- Lou Ann explains to Bo about the stallion: "We did everything. Isolated him, tried to gain his trust, but no one has been able to break him." This all, when considering what Hades did to Bo, was eerily similar.
- Lou also notes: "Horses are wild by nature, so the one that breaks them gains their loyalty and servitude for life. They need to surrender to be trained properly." Again, very similar to what Hades has been trying to do with Bo.
- The horseshoe that Bo possessed was capable of deflecting the fire that came from the wild Fae stallion.
- Bo was able to use her powers to calm the stallion enough that she could examine it closer.
- Placing the horseshoe against one of the stallions' hooves, Bo was able to see that it did not fit this horse.
- After thinking about what Lou Ann was trying to do with the stallion, and then thinking about what Hades had been doing to her, Bo came to the conclusion that she was the Pyrippus.
- Kenzi states in this episode that she has known Bo for five years. As such, this means that the series can be thought to have run in almost real time throughout.
- Bo and Kenzi wonder about the Pyrippus: "What if when I chi-sucked all of those people to save Lauren from the Lich..." Kenzi continues: "... and super sucked us to save Dyson during your Dawning..." Bo adds: "What if that was the Pyrippus taking over? What if it's been inside of me all of this time?" Kenzi sighs: "Then Jack has been playing the long game for a long time." Bo admits: "But I can't control it Kenzi. I mean, when it happens... I lose myself."
- Kenzi told Bo: "Scary voice, crazy eyes, yeah, I know."
- Bo tells Kenzi: "I felt my father taking control of the Pyrippus when the cinvat opened."
- Bo came to the decision that: "If he is trying to break my spirit like I'm some kind of wild horse, then I have to help him with the next step."
- Bo then made up her mind to surrender herself to Hades in the hope that she would be able to stop him.
- Mark pushed Dyson into going from a follower to a leader.
- Dyson angrily told Mark: We don't work with the Dark!" The thing is, that Dyson has been working with Tamsin, who is Dark Fae, Vex, who is Dark Fae. This statement is easily refuted.
- Dyson's actions against the Dark Fae, in part, have coloured his view of the Light Fae, and likely have pushed Mark towards choosing to be Dark.
- Because of the argument that Mark and Dyson had, this triggered Mark's first shift which revealed him to be a panther-shifter. This seems to indicate that Mark took on the traits of his mother, which seems to indicate that she was a panther-shifter.
- When Bo went to see Hades, she claimed that she was there to see him and wasn't there for Tamsin.
- Tamsin was aware that Bo had come to Hades' condominium, trying to get Bo's help, but Bo did not help her.
- Bo was made aware by Tamsin that Hades had taken her wings.
- Hades told Bo that: "It is a little known fact, but Valkyries die in childbirth and Tamsin is no exception."
- When Hades did not believe Bo was going to help him, she explained: "For a long time I've been trying to figure out who I really am,where I really came from, what I'm really meant to do and the people I've called my family have been lying to me from day one. But you've been honest with me from the moment I released you from Tartarus. I know that now, I know why you did what you did to Trick and Aife. You had to. It was the only way I could see the truth. And the truth is, dad, we have a greater purpose. You're the only one that I can trust. You're my family."
- Hades tells Bo: "I'm glad to see that I have earned your trust, but if you want to work with me, there's something I need you to do."
- Hades did not quite believe Bo's claim to want to help in his plans and demanded Bo prove herself by killing her remaining friends.
- The Fae Elders were unable to come to a decision, or to trust one another themselves, at one point the suggesting being made to summon the Frost Giants, but this was rejected out of hand.
- Dyson proclaimed Sanctuary in the Dal Riata to gain control of the situation. After doing so, he revealed that Trick was the Blood King and that Bo was Trick's Granddaughter. He then demanded, in Trick's memory, that the Fae come together as one to overcome Hades. This was accepted by the Elders, but their plans were unrevealed.
- Dyson stated: "The Light and Dark have been on the edge of war for over a thousand years."
- Dyson notes: "Hades is neither Light nor Dark, he transcends both."
- Dyson revealed to the Fae Elders: "Bo is Hades' daughter. But she is also the Granddaughter of the Blood King."
- Referring to Trick, Dyson said: "He could have killed you all, but instead he chose peace. To him the Dal Riata was a place of Sanctuary. So, as a tribute to the Blood King, I ask you to join me in creating that peace. We must unite our strength if we are to vanquish Hades."
- In response, the collected Fae offer their weapons and selves to the fight including a blade called Naginata and a staff called Kalidanda, Ballast of Death.
- Bo then set her home as a trap for Dyson, Kenzi, Lauren and Mark, setting it on fire to Hades' approval when they were all inside.
- Hades tells Bo: "I know that was very hard for you, but you can still save your friends if you want to. What do you want to do?" Bo replies: "Let them burn."
- Throughout all of this, Hades did not seem aware that Vex was still alive, nor did he seem to care that Tamsin was still alive if all of Bo's other friends and family were dead.
- After setting the fire, Bo and Hades returned to Hades' condominium where Hades revealed a throne for Bo.
- Bo took her place there, Hades touched his mark that Bo carries on her chest, and then Bo's eyes turned bright blue.
- At the end of the episode, Bo was seen sitting upon her throne, Hades standing behind and to Bo's right, and gloating.
For a more detailed list see: List of Lost Girl episodes, or click on the individual episode titles for more in depth articles.
Episode Review on Succubus.Net
Tera, the owner of this website, posted a review of this episode on her Blog, A Succubi's Tale on October 23, 2015. You can find that review here. She gave it 3 pitchforks out of 5.
- The Official site of the series Lost Girl
- Official Season Five website at Showcase.ca
- Let Them Burn at the IMDb