On May 4, 2016, the 3,900th article was added to the SuccuWiki!
Latena as drawn by Tony DiTerlizzi
in Well of Worlds
Dungeons and Dragons
|First appearance||Well of Worlds, Page 97|
|Created by||Colin McComb|
|Age||Appears to be in her 20's|
Latana of Seductive Magic|
Member of the Original Sins Cartel
Latana is a Succubus NPC character created by Colin McComb who first appeared in the Well of Worlds adventure module for the Dungeons and Dragons role playing game as part of The Recruiters adventure. As her role in this adventure was very limited, little character information or statistics were provided for her. The only note made of her situation or character was that she was involved with a motley group for her own pleasure and to tempt mortals in this adventure setting that players encounter her in.
She has also appeared in another Dungeons and Dragons setting where she is part of a Succubus organization called the Original Sins Cartel. She is not a founding member of the organization, but seeks to use it to advance her position in the ranks of Succubi, her long term goal and focus.
Latana’s preferred guise is that of a woman with leather armor and wild, spiky hair. Her natural form is like that of any succubus: beautiful, with bat-like wings and glowing eyes. As Part of the Original Sins Cartel, she appears to be in physically in her early 20's, shoulder length curly black hair with red highlights, grey eyes, lotus blossom in hair, wings are red with black highlights. She favors sultry floral prints (shawl tied around hips, etc.)
In Well of Worlds
Latana is encountered by players when they are following the adventure The Recruiters. When the players enter a palace during the adventure, she is found in the company of a group of Tanar'ri. She is with them for her own pleasure in tempting mortals to their doom and for the promise of advancement within the succubus ranks when she has completed her tasks. According to the information given, Latana had been in competition with Chiryn and hoped to use any gains from her actions to move her higher in the Succubus hierarchy than her rival.
Latana uses her ability to bend the minds of the townsfolk toward paranoia as much as possible. If she is drawn into battle, Latana will fight until she believes she will be killed, then will flee.
As Part of the Original Sins Cartel
Latana worked with Fearson for her own pleasure, as well as to advance herself within Graz’zt’s court. She maintains a small keep deep in the mountains of a forgotten layer of the Abyss. She spends most of her time "answering" summons from Prime Mages. She uses promises of forbidden/powerful/forgotten magics to corrupt their souls. For the more reluctant ones, she arranges situations where they must use these dark magics.
She also served a balor sworn to Pazuzu, and was paired with Marquis Fearson to bring Plague-Mort into the Abyss. Fostering paranoia was her main objective. On Obsidian Portal she perished in battle with Kalisa.
In Well of Worlds
|Sub-Type||Lesser Tanar'ri, Planar|
|Movement||Land 12, Flight 18 (C)|
|Special Attack||Energy drain|
|SD||+2 or better weapon to hit|
|Special Qualities||Never surprised|
|Abilities||Standard tanar'ri abilities|
|Size||Medium (6 feet tall)|
As Part of the Original Sins Cartel
|Full Title||Latana of Seductive Magic|
|RPG Character Type||Spanish Temptress|
|Statistics||Standard Succubus Statistics as per Monster Manual, page 47|
|Role||The Marquis's Agent|
|Game System||3.5 Edition Dungeons and Dragons|
|Sub-Type||Medium Outsider (chaotic, extraplanar, evil, tanar’ri)|
|hp||33 (6d8+6 HD)|
|Damage||10/cold iron or good|
|Senses||Darkvision 60 ft.; Listen +19, Spot +19|
|Languages||ExAbyssal, Celestial, Common, Draconic; telepathy 100 ft; tonguesample|
|AC||AC 20, touch 11, flat-footed 19 (+1 Dex, +9 natural)|
|Resist||Acid 10, cold 10, fire 10|
|Speed||30 ft. (6 squares), fly 50 ft. (average)|
|Melee||Claw +7 (1d6+1) or 2 claws +7 melee (1d6+1)|
|Special Atks||Aligned strike, energy drain, spell-like abilities, summon tanar’ri|
|Special Qualities||Change shape, tanar’ri traits|
|Abilities||Str 13, Dex 13, Con 13, Int 16, Wis 14, Cha 26|
|Feats||Dodge, Mobility, Persuasive|
|Skills|| Bluff +19, Concentration +10, Diplomacy +12, Disguise +17 (+19 acting),|
Escape Artist +10, Hide +10, Intimidate +19, Knowledge (any one) +12,
Listen +19, Move Silently +10, Search +12, Spot +19,
Survival +2 (+4 following tracks), Use Rope +1 (+3 with bindings)
|At will|| Charm monster (DC 22), detect good, detect thoughts (DC 20),|
ethereal jaunt (self plus 50 pounds of objects only), suggestion (DC 21),
greater teleport (self plus 50 pounds of objects only)
- Aligned Strike: Latana’s natural weapons, as well as any weapons she wields, are treated as chaotic-aligned and evil-aligned for the purpose of overcoming damage reduction.
- Energy Drain (Su): Latana drains energy from a mortal she lures into some act of passion, or by simply planting a kiss on the victim. If the target is not willing to be kissed, Latana must start a grapple, which provokes an attack of opportunity. Latana’s kiss or embrace bestows one negative level. The kiss also has the effect of a suggestion spell, asking the victim to accept another kiss from Latana. The victim must succeed on a DC 21 Will save to negate the effect of the suggestion. The DC is 21 for the Fortitude save to remove a negative level. These save DCs are Charisma-based.
- Change Shape (Su): Latana can assume the form of any Small or Medium humanoid.
- Summon Tanar’ri (Sp): Once per day, Latana can attempt to summon 1 vrock with a 30% chance of success. This ability is the equivalent of a 3rd-level spell.
- Tongues (Su): Latana has a permanent tongues ability (as the spell, caster level 12th). She usually uses verbal communication with mortals.
- Latana has a +8 racial bonus on Listen and Spot checks.
- While using her change shape ability, Latana gains a +10 circumstance bonus on Disguise checks.
- Well of Worlds, Page 97.