On May 4, 2016, the 3,900th article was added to the SuccuWiki!
The Brachina Lady Madori as shown in Dungeon #140
|Series||Dungeons and Dragons|
Heart of Hellfire Mountain
|Created by||Dave Olsen|
|Class||Medium Outsider (Battezu, Evil, Extraplanar, Lawful)|
|Title||Lady of Mephistopheles' Court|
|Setting||Dungeons and Dragons|
Lady Madori is a Brachina, or Pleasure Devil, who appears in the Heart of Hellfire Mountain adventure written by Dave Olsen. The adventure appeared in Dragon magazine issue 140. She is a member of Mephistopheles' court and appears when the players encounter her in her personal chambers most of the time. As part of her treasure can be found a copy of the Book of Brimstone among other items. She serves at the behest of Mephistopheles to further his interests within the temple players find themselves in.
Lady Madori is an advanced Brachina, or Pleasure Devil, from Mephistopheles's court. Pleasure devils are an enhanced form of Erinyes who are specialists in the arts of seduction and corruption. Lady Madori was sent with Beltorius, another being players will encounter in the adventure, to make sure operations go smoothly in the temple. However she is now bored of the fire giants that are all around her and is scheming her own plans.
Lady Madori's Room
The players at a certain point in the adventure will enter a large chamber decorated with overriding themes of fire and pain. A feather bed, too small to be used by a giant, sits in one corner decorated in red and black, while the rest of the room consists mainly of large pillows. An open window on the north wall gives a view of the inner wall of Hellfire Mountain, and two large murals depict scenes of men being tortured in some dark fiery dungeon. The scent of jasmine is heavy in the air.
Characters will encounter Lady Madori 90% of the time in her room.
|Type|| Advanced Pleasure Devil|
|Size/Type||Medium Outsider (Baatezu, Evil, Extraplanar, Lawful)|
|Senses||Darkvision 60 ft., See in darkness; Listen +34, Spot +34|
|Languages||Common, Giant, Infernal, Tongues|
|AC||30, touch 19, flat-footed 21; Dodge, Mobility hp 204 (24 HD)|
|HP||204 (24 HD) regeneration 5; DR 5/good and silver|
|Resist||acid 10, cold 10 SR 32|
|Speed||30 ft., fly 60 ft. (good)|
|Melee|| +I cold iron short sword +34/+29/+24/+19 (1d6+4/19-20)|
or melee touch +33 (poison)
|Ranged||Flaming composite longbow +34/+29/+24/+19|
(1d8+4/x3 plus 1d6 fire)
|Atk Options||Combat Expertise, Spring Attack|
|Special Actions||beguile 2/day (DC 34), summon baatezu Combat Gear potion of cure serious wounds (2), potion of invisibility|
|Spell-Like Abilities||(CL 17, +33 melee touch, +33 ranged touch) At will—charm monster (DC 24) clairaudience/clairvoyance, enthrall (DC 22). greater teleport (self plus so pounds of objects only), greater command (DC 25), polymorph, produce flame. suggestion (DC 23), vampiric touch 3/day—quickened charm monster (DC 24) i/day—plane shift (self only), trap the soul (DC 30)|
|Abilities||Str 18, Dex 29 Con 18, hit 23, Wis 24, Cha 30|
|Feats||Ability Focus (beguile), Ability Focus (poison)|
|Ability||Focus (trap the soul), Combat Expertise, Dodge, Great Fortitude, Iron Will, Mobility, Spring Attack, Quicken, Spell-Like Ability (charm monster), Weapon Finesse|
|Skills||Bluff +37, Concentration +31, Diplomacy +41, Disguise +37 (+41 acting), Hide +36, intimidate +39, Knowledge (arcana) +18, Knowledge (religion) +26, Knowledge (the planes) +26, Listen +34, Move Silently +36, Search +33, Sense Motive +34, Spellcraft +33, Spot +34|
|Possessions||Combat gear, ÷1 cold iron short sword, +1 flaming composite longbow (+4 Strength), bracers of armor +4, black sapphire worth 21,000 gp (component for trap the soul)|
- Tongues (Su): As-the spell (CL 17th), always active.
- Regeneration (Ex): Good-aligned weapons and spells with the good descriptor deal lethal damage to Lady Madori.
- Beguile (Su): Lady Madori can temporally gain control of a living creature unless it makes a DC 34 Will save. If she succeeds, that creature immediately takes a full round's worth of actions under her control. She can use this ability twice per day, and it has a range of 30 feet. This is a mind-affecting enchantment ability.
- Poison (Ex): Contact, Fortitude DC 30, 1d6 Wisdom/1d6 Wisdom. The save DC is Constitution-based and includes a +2 racial bonus.
- Summon Baatezu (Sp): Once a day Lady Madori can attempt to summon 2 chain devils or 6 lemures with an 80% chance of success. This ability is equivalent to a 6th-level spell at CL 19th.
- Treasure: Besides her possessions, Lady Madori also possesses a copy of the Book of Brimstone which can be found under her bed. A Mephistopheles-worshipping monk named Andros penned this blasphemous tome during his time spent in the archdevil's palace (after which he went insane and was subsequently lost in the frigid wastes of Cania). There are rumored to be only four copies of the book in existence. The Book of Brimstone is divided into two parts, written entirely in Infernal. The first part concerns the proper worship and adoration of Mephistopheles, as well as the steps necessary to become a disciple of the archdevil. Various rituals are described within it, many of which involve gruesome sacrifice. The second part of the book is a small collection of arcane spells, each one more evil than the previous.
- Dragon magazine Issue 140. Pages 78-79.