On July 18th, 2016, the 4,000th article was added to the SuccuWiki!
|Series||Dungeons and Dragons|
|First appearance||Obsidian Portal|
|Title||A Fiend Seeking Redemption|
Kalisa (No Longer Used)
|Setting||3.5 Edition Dungeons and Dragons|
Kalisa is a Succubus NPC character in the Dungeons and Dragons RPG game who first appeared on the Obsidian Portal website.
According to her history, Kalisa once served Malcanthet, Queen of Succubi, in Shendilavri. However centuries ago, Kalisa turned away from evil with the aid of the eladrin Faodhagan, and has been called a traitor by the tanar’ri ever since. Having changed her allegiances, she is no longer Chaotic Evil in alignment, but rather Chaotic Neutral. Kalisa commonly appears as “Raven,” a stunningly beautiful human woman with shining black hair. Physically her true Succubus form is the same save for her additional Succubus characteristics such as wings, horns and tail.
Kalisa despises her nature, and hopes to become more than she is. Being a creature of evil incarnate, however, she struggles to comprehend the concept of good. Accustomed to being mistrusted – or worse – she has revealed her true name to a cleric named Joris, hoping that he will believe her. She admires the cleric’s goodness, and his devotion to her, and has finally overcome her own misgivings to love him.
Kalisa once served Malcanthet, Queen of Succubi, in Shendilavri. Centuries ago, Kalisa turned away from evil with the aid of the eladrin Faodhagan, and has been called a traitor by the tanar’ri ever since. She spent the next two hundred years as her own master, learning her own truename at some point along the way. She moved through Sigil like a shadow, gaining neither friends nor enemies, until she somehow learned of the Illuminated. Kalisa liberated Toranna from the Mortuary to help in her search for Baltazo – or, more accurately, for Baltazo’s master – then aided a group of heroes in Plague-Mort.
Joris has agreed to help Kalisa to complete her redemption. They have fallen in love, and Kalisa has revealed to him that she is having his child. Because of her past association with the eladrin Faodhagan, she seems strangely familiar to another named Haden.
Kalisa commonly appears as “Raven,” a stunningly beautiful human woman with shining black hair. Standing just under six feet tall, she is lean, has lovely Alabaster skin, and eyes of a green hue found nowhere else in nature. Her natural form is exactly the same, save for her bat-like wings, and an eerie red glow in her eyes. She speaks with an exotic accent, and men find her scent comforting in an inexplicable way.
When she expects to encounter other tanar’ri, or wishes to avoid attention, she becomes a human woman of indeterminate age and perfectly average appearance. She dresses like a peasant, sheds her accent, and wears a longsword wrought from cold iron. She used to be called “Kalisa” in this form, but now she goes by “Ridley.”
|Sub-Type||Medium Outsider (chaotic, extraplanar, evil, tanar’ri)|
|hp||53 (11 HD)|
|DR||10/cold iron or good|
|Senses|| Darkvision 60 ft.|
Listen +19, Spot +19
|Languages|| Abyssal, Celestial, Common, Draconic|
Telepathy 100 ft.
|Reach||touch 12, flat-footed 19 (+1 Dex, +9 natural)|
|Resist||Acid 10, cold 10, fire 10|
|Speed||30 ft. (6 squares), fly 50 ft. (average)|
|Melee||Claw +9 (1d6+1) or 2 claws +9 (1d6+1) or +1 cold iron longsword +9 (1d8+1)|
|Special Atks||Aligned strike, Energy Drain, Spell-Like Abilities, Summon Tanar’ri|
|Abilities||Str 13, Dex 14, Con 13, Int 16, Wis 14, Cha 26|
|Special Qualities||Change shape, tanar’ri traits|
|Feats||+1 Dodge, Mobility, Persuasive|
|Skills|| Bluff +25, Concentration +11, Diplomacy +12, Disguise +17* (+19 acting), Escape Artist +11,|
Hide +10, Intimidate +19, Knowledge (arcana) +14, Knowledge (the planes) +13,
Listen +19, Move Silently +11, Search +12, Spellcraft +6, Spot +19,
Survival +2 (+4 following tracks), Use Rope +1 (+3 with bindings)
|Possessions||+1 cold iron longsword|
|2nd (6/day)||invisibility, shatter|
|1st (8/day)||magic missile, protection from evil, sonic blast (SC), true strike|
|0 (6/day)||detect magic, ghost sound, mending, prestigiditation, read magic, resistance|
|At will|| charm monster (DC 22), detect good, detect thoughts (DC 20, prefers not to use),|
ethereal jaunt (self plus 50 pounds of objects only), suggestion (DC 21),
greater teleport (self plus 50 pounds of objects only)
- Aligned Strike: Kalisa’s natural weapons, as well as any weapons she wields, are treated as chaotic-aligned and evil-aligned for the purpose of overcoming damage reduction.
- Energy Drain (Su): Kalisa drains energy from a mortal she lures into some act of passion, or by simply planting a kiss on the victim. If the target is not willing to be kissed, Kalisa must start a grapple, which provokes an attack of opportunity. Kalisa’s kiss or embrace bestows one negative level. The kiss also has the effect of a suggestion spell, asking the victim to accept another kiss from Kalisa. The victim must succeed on a DC 21 Will save to negate the effect of the suggestion. The DC is 21 for the Fortitude save to remove a negative level. These save DCs are Charisma-based. Kalisa will not use this ability, as she considers it to be evil.
- Change Shape (Su): Kalisa can assume the form of any Small or Medium humanoid.
- Summon Tanar’ri (Sp): Once per day, Kalisa can attempt to summon 1 vrock with a 30% chance of success. This ability is the equivalent of a 3rd-level spell. However, any vrock that respond to her summons calls Kalisa a traitor to the tanar’ri, and attacks her on sight – so she doesn’t use this ability, either.
- Tongues (Su): Kalisa has a permanent tongues ability (as the spell, caster level 12th). She usually uses verbal communication with mortals.
- Notes: Kalisa has a +8 racial bonus on Listen and Spot checks. While using her change shape ability, Kalisa gains a +10 circumstance bonus on Disguise checks. Kalisa’s level adjustment is +6. She breathes, but has no need to eat or sleep. Alignment-based alterations were borrowed from Eludecia, the succubus paladin.
- Kalisa at Obsidianportal.com - No Longer Available