On May 4, 2016, the 3,900th article was added to the SuccuWiki!
Here Comes the Night
|Lost Girl Series Article|
Lost Girl Series Articles
Lost Girl Series Characters
Lost Girl Series Episodes
|"Here Comes the Night"|
|Lost Girl episode|
The Ancients leave their mark on the city
Overall Episode 68
|Directed by||Paolo Barzman|
|Written by||Micheal Grassi|
|Produced by||Wendy Grean|
|Featured Music||See Section Below|
|Cinematography by||Craig Wright|
|Editing by||Paul Day|
|Original Air Date||January 18, 2015|
|Length||60 minutes (runtime)|
Short Summary List of Lost Girl Episodes
Detailed List of Lost Girl episodes
The Ancients create a disaster which reveals Evony's past and the Oracles go in search of Bo's truth for their Mistress
SuccuWiki Rating: (3.8)
Lost Girl is a Canadian developed and produced television series which premiered in the 2010 season on the television channel Showcase.
For further on Bo, the succubus of the series, see her article in the SuccuWiki here. For the series itself, see that article here. For a general discussion of Succubi and their mythos in the series, see that article here.
Here Comes the Night was the seventh episode of the fifth season of the series, and the sixty-eighth overall episode of the Canadian television series Lost Girl. It was first shown on the Showcase Television Channel in Canada on January 19, 2015 at 9 PM Eastern time.
- Series: Lost Girl
- Season: 5
- Episode Number: 7 (68th Overall)
- Episode Title: Here Comes the Night
- Directed by: Paolo Barzman
- Writing credits: Micheal Grassi
- Production Company: Prodigy Pictures
- Running Time: 60 Minutes (Including Commercials)
- Country of Origin: Canada
- Originally Aired on: January 18, 2015 on the Showcase Television Channel in Canada
- Number of Canadian Viewers: Not Released
- Number of American Viewers: 583,000
|Actor / Actress||Role|
|Noam Jenkins||Heratio/Vincent Welles/Hera|
|Amanda Walsh||Elizabeth Helm/Zee|
|Lisa Marcos||Alycia Welles|
|Sarah Robichaud||Mother #1|
|Kathy Maloney||Injured Mother|
|Gabriel Browning Rodriguez||Injured Boy|
|Houida Kassem||News Reporter|
Music in this Episode
|Tell It Like It Is||Aaron Neville||Written by George Davis and Lee Diamond|
|Lullabies||Yuna||Written by Yunalis Zarai and Chris Braide|
|On The Shore||Slow Skies||Written by Karen Sheridan|
A tornado, created by the Ancients, smashes through the city, doing massive damage and destruction. As a result, Evony’s doomsday device runs out of power and it seems to be empty when it opens. Evony appears at the Dal Riata and collects Vex to help her deal with the creature that was released from Evony’s device, which is invisible. Bo and Lauren confront Evony who reveals that at one time she dated the god Eros, who she trapped in the device with Vex’s help. Evony, Bo and Lauren confront Eros and he killed by lightning, seemingly by Zeus. Dyson visits the wife of the possessed human and finds that the Ancient is there, acting as her husband as if nothing had happened. Dyson questions him and when he reveals he is not the wife’s husband, she stabs him, making him flee, but promising to take her life. Dyson brings her to his home and then Bo appears, but it turns out not to be her, but the three Oracles in search of something. Eventually the Oracles find Bo and give her visions of those she loves trying to find Bo’s truth, but Trick stops them. Bo reveals her father is Hades to Trick and that she was born in Hel. The Oracles give the Ancient what she wishes to know and then she kills Cassie. Tamsin confesses her love to Bo, but Bo tells Tamsin she does not love her the same way which breaks Tamsin’s heart. At the end of the episode, Bo blows out Persephone’s candle, but it relights.
The episode opens with scenes from the previous episode which include: Dyson discovering the mark of the Ancients that was left at the murder scene of the football player, Bo looking at the images of the three dead humans and Dyson commenting that they were all possessed by some kind of Fae. Trick is then shown serving Zee, the female Ancient, her drink at the Dal Riata. Alycia Welles meets with Dyson, telling him about her late husband who she saw very much alive, and then Bo meeting Heratio, the possessed husband and confronting him and the other Ancients. Iris tells Mark that something will happen at the football game, Bo realizing that the Ancients are feeding from the crowd and then Zee attacking Bo with lightning. Trick then calls the Ancients the most powerful Fae family that every lived while Iris is shown drawing their mark and then the three Ancients looking out their window at the city as lightning strikes and thunder crashes.
The episode begins with images of a rubble covered street, many wrecked cars and many walking wounded and injured crying out in pain as emergency vehicle sirens wail. Bo (Anna Silk), Dyson (Kristen Holden-Ried) and Tamsin (Rachel Skarsten) walk through the street, appearing to have been caught in the disaster as it happened, but not seeming to be injured. Bo and Dyson approach a wrecked car and after a short struggle with debris, help free the trapped passengers and driver. Tamsin tells Dyson and Bo that the tornado is continuing east through the city and that there are ambulances in a safe zone nearby. Tamsin tells Bo that the scene "is a battlefield and I've seen my share" Bo replies that she has never seen anything like what has happened and Tamsin comforts Bo, telling her "As long as we are together we can take on anything. You're my girl" as she embraces Bo. Bo begins to speak to Tamsin, saying her name, but when Tamsin replies: "Yeah girl?" Bo turns away and comments: "Never mind." Bo then notices something in the distance and begins walking away from Tamsin. Approaching an oddly bare section of road which some kind of pattern marked into it with dirt, Bo walks to the centre and then stops. As Bo whispers: "Oh my Gods" it is shown that an enormous triskele has been left behind in the aftermath of the tornado's wake.
The scene then switches to the apartment where the three Ancients have taken up residence, Zee (Amanda Walsh) standing on the balcony and gloating at the destruction she has caused. She calls out the names of the Oracles Pythia (Aniela Kurylo), Dedona (Sagine Semajuste) and Cassie (Vanessa Matsui) before striding towards them. She attempts to rouse the three who are laying on a sofa mumbling to themselves, Zee telling them: "It's almost time." and then pulls on each of their chains calling them "Oracles" and "Oraclettes" and "My little eyeless wonders" Zee then walks away from the three, looking out the window to see dark clouds forming over the city and blocking out the sun as they do so. As the room darkens, the three Oracles gasp, stand and then pronounce in unison: "Only in the darkness can we see the light." Zee then smiles and replies: "Ready. Set. Bo." as lightning strikes and thunder booms in the city.
After the abbreviated opening sequence ends, Lauren (Zoie Palmer) is seen working at her clinic as vast numbers of walking wounded arrive seeking treatment. A news report catches Lauren's attention which reveals that lightning is continuing to strike over the city and that there is no answer to why the disaster has occurred. Bo's assistant Sam (Gabe Grey) comments: "Apocalypse anyone?" and Lauren replies: "Someone is trying to send us a message." and Sam jokes: "Oh good because we're not equipped for the end of the world." Sam then tells Lauren that Cassie is missing and that they have room for only one more patient as another patient arrives and then Bo, Dyson and Tamsin appear, Bo commenting: "How about three?" Lauren asks Bo what is happening and she tells Lauren that the Ancients are behind the disaster, that they saw the Ancient's symbol which Tamsin describes as "like a big ass crop circle. At least we know they aren't subtle." Dyson reminds Tamsin that they do not know where the Ancients are, and tells Lauren that he is working on that problem. Tamsin then suggests to Bo that they "recheck the streets to make sure no one is left behind" and when Bo looks at Lauren, she tells Bo to go. However, Dyson stops Bo and expresses his worry that "someone is going to use this chaos to try and take Lauren's serum." Bo then decides to stay, and tells Tamsin and Dyson to be careful. Before Dyson and Tamsin leave, Tamsin kisses Bo, Dyson just nodding at Bo before he follows Tamsin out of the clinic. Bo then approaches Lauren who is looking at a patient, the two sharing a look as the power fails in the clinic and darkness falls. A moment later the emergency power comes on, Sam comments "About that apocalypse" and Lauren calls out that they have everything under control and no one should panic. Lauren then tells Bo: "It's Evony's cryobox."
Elsewhere, Trick (Richard Howland), Vex (Paul Amos), and Mark (Luke Bilyk) are at the Dal Riata as the storm continues, Mark commenting "I love storms" and Vex replying" Oh! Enthusiasm!", Trick calling for a bucket as the roof begins to leak on the bar. Trick then reads from one of his texts: "Zeus was so frustrated with the human's piety that he flooded the Earth to destroy mankind. He used Hera's messenger Iris, the rainbow god to do it." Vex asks Trick: "When you mean Gods you actually mean..." Trick continues: "Fae. So powerful that, a long time ago, humans worshipped them." Vex asks: "Hold the lift. If Zeus and his Ancient bunch are reeking havoc on our colony skies, why am I stuck here in Cheers with you lot? I feel like I've picked the worst lane in the shittiest traffic of all time." Trick calls Vex fickle and then tells Vex to go and get him some candles. After grouching about this, Vex then goes off to find Trick some candles.
Vex is then seen in the depths of the Dal Riata, examining some of Trick's wine cellar before taking one of the bottles and drinking from it. Mark then appears, warns Vex that he will be blamed for the missing liquor and Vex puts the bottle back. What follows next is a series of sexual innuendoes referring to the length and size of candles before Mark drops out of sight and gives Vex oral sex, Vex gasping and moaning as Mark does so. After he finishes, Mark kisses Vex as the scene comes to a close.
Dyson is then seen at his gym, wondering where the Gods would be as Tamsin enters and comments: "Big fluffy white cloud in the sky duh." and also asks: "Do you have any cream cheese?" which makes Dyson chuckle. Dyson comments that Tamsin "smells good wet" and hands her a towel. Tamsin tells Dyson: "Streets are under control, surprisingly no fatalities" and Dyson muses over why the Ancients would send a tornado over the city. Tamsin wonders: "Maybe it's not about the tornado, it's about the aftermath." When Dyson wonders about the "destruction and chaos" Tamsin replies: "Blackout. Not the wakeup on Saturday morning at the Four Seasons kind." Dyson notes that he has checked the previous addresses of Zee's human body and the PR firm the Ancients had taken over, but both were empty. Tamsin then shows Dyson a flyer she found which Alycia Welles had posted asking for information should anyone see her husband alive. Dyson comments that he told her to leave town, but Tamsin tells him she saw her husband alive after an elevator crash, it if was her, she'd be looking for answers as well. Dyson then asks Tamsin to find all of the posters and take them down as well as looking for any evidence of the Gods and removing them as well. Tamsin comments that she is going to "check the clinic" first, but when Dyson begins to comment, Tamsin blurts out: "I'm not jealous of Lauren!" Dyson then explains: "Bo's a succubus. There's always going to be other people. It's in her nature." Tamsin replies: "It's not the other people I am worried about. It's just the one." Dyson gives Tamsin a long look, then starts to leave, Tamsin asks where he is going and Dyson tells her that he is: "Going to see about a girl."
Back at Lauren's clinic, Bo watches Lauren as she frantically tries to keep Evony's cryobox working in spite of the lack of power. Lauren cannot understand how the device cannot keep working when it is on three backup generators, Bo tells her: "With Evony nothing is ever enough." Bo then asks: "Please tell me this thing is about to unleash a lifetime supply of FroYo." Lauren, in a frightened voice tells Bo: "Try one of the oldest and most dangerous Fae ever to walk the Earth." Bo sighs: "Lovely" and asks what they should do. The device then announces that it will shut down in ninety seconds and orders an evacuation. Bo looks at Lauren and says: "Evacuate it is."
Following the first commercial break, Bo and Lauren roll Evony's device into an isolation chamber and then lock the door. Lauren tells Bo that all of the patients are being moved away and any ambulances coming have been sent elsewhere. As the countdown comes towards its end, Bo and Lauren are armed and waiting to see what happens next. As the count reaches zero the container springs open and there is nothing to be seen within the device. Bo comments "Huh" and Lauren replies "Are you freaking kidding me?" The pair enter the chamber and then Lauren calls out: "Evony Fleurette Marquise I despise you!" Bo looks at Lauren and answers: "Yet you continue to work for her. This is for her, to make her Fae again!" Lauren looks at Bo and sighs: "Yeah. It is." She then walks over to a radio and turns it on in an attempt to mask their conversation from Evony's listening devices. Bo wonders if they "should save the generator power for something more important" and Lauren embraces her and they begin to slow dance to the music together. Lauren explains to Bo that Evony could be listening and then she explains to Bo: "I know what I am doing. You need to trust me. I'm getting to live my life long dream. Treating humans, Fae, conducting research and nothing has anything to do with turning Evony Fae again. I don't work for anybody but myself." Bo answers: "You know how to seize an opportunity." Lauren replies: "For some of us, life is shorter." Bo is silent and then answers: "Then let's make it count" as they kiss.
Elsewhere, Dyson knocks on the door of Alycia Welles' home and the door is answered by Heratio (Noam Jenkins) who asks: "Can I help you?" Dyson asks what he is doing there, but before he can answer, Alycia (Lisa Marcos) appears, calling out "Kevin" which seems to indicate that Heratio is masquerading as Vincent Welles, Alycia's late husband. She recognizes Dyson and when Heratio comments to her "Oh, you know him." Dyson explains: "I was assigned to your case. I thought I would check in." Alycia then rants about how the police would not allow her to see Kevin's body and all she had was an urn of ashes, but Heratio calms her down before tells Dyson that there is no need for him to be there and no need to investigate further as he is "home safe, no thanks to you and your department I might add." When Dyson asks where he was, Heratio makes the excuse that he woke up on the side of Highway 6, stumbled around and then "found Alycia." Dyson considers this and then asks if he could take Heratio's statement about what happened, and at first Heratio declines saying that "we were about to make some hot cocoa" but Dyson replies: "Well, I'd love some."
Tamsin arrives at the clinic and calls out Bo and Lauren's names as she looks for them, moments later finding Bo and Lauren in bed together, standing there and looking devastated. Mark is then shown working at the Dal Riata and when he walks past Vex, Mark asks: "Help me unload again?" which makes Vex spit out the drink he was having and reply: "I beg your pardon?" Mark then asks Vex to give him a "quick hand" which confuses Vex even more as he asks: "Now? Right now?" Mark answers: "I'm sorry are there other dishes in the future that I don't know about?" Vex seems relieved and agrees to help Mark with the dishes, adding that he thought that Mark was "referring to what happened in the Keg Room." Mark is confused by this, but before the discussion can go any further Evony (Emmanuelle Vaugier) enters the Dal Riata and comments to Vex: "Dim lights does wonders for this crowd, except for you, your eyes still look sunken in." Vex then introduces Mark to Evony, adding: "Her only redeeming feature is her filthy rich husband." Mark shakes Evony's hand and when she makes a comment about Mark's complexion, Vex whispers: "Dyson's offspring" to which Evony comments: "Explains the face." Evony then comments that she loves storms now that she is human and they make her all "quivery." Vex then uses his power to draw Evony away and confront her, commenting: "Not over role-playing are we Mrs. Robinson?" When Evony makes a snide comment about Mark, Vex's obvious anger about it makes Evony comment that Vex has a crush on Mark. Vex remains Evony that as a human she is not meant to be in Fae territory, but Evony tells Vex that: "Once Fae, always Fae." Evony then tells Vex to come with her, but Vex refuses, saying that he does not take orders from Evony any longer. She replies: "I need you. Power outage means you know what is on the loose." Vex seems shocked as he replies: "Has he killed the monopoly man?" but Evony tells Vex that her sugar daddy is safe and well. Evony explains: "I had it stored at my clinic" and Vex sighs: "You wanted to gain control over your little serum." When Vex asks about Lauren, Evony replies: "What she doesn't see will definitely hurt her." Bo and Lauren are then seen in bed, Bo musing that she wishes they could remain in bed together. Lauren replies that "since tonight is about seizing the moment" she should "pop open" some champagne. Lauren gets out of bed and leaves the room to find Sam standing in the hallway, turned away from her. When Lauren comes close, she sees that Sam has been attacked and is dead, his body falling to the floor as Bo arrives on the scene. When Lauren tells Bo that Sam is dead, Bo answers: "Evony wasn't lying after all. There is a monster. And it's invisible."
After another commercial break, Dyson is interviewing Heratio with Alycia sitting beside him. Alycia tells Dyson that when she saw her husband at her front door she thought she was dreaming. After sharing a kiss with Heratio, Dyson asks Heratio to give his statement about what happened and as he does so, Heratio makes several mistakes from his initial explanation to Dyson including getting the number of the highway wrong, but Heratio brushes this off as "being a bit out of it." When Alycia leaves the room, Dyson tells Heratio that he knows who he is and when Heratio tells Dyson to keep his distance, Dyson replies: "Murders, kidnapping Oracles, destroying the city. This all stops tonight." Heratio smirks: "I'm not done playing house yet." Alycia then returns and offers Heratio some marshmallows which he calls his favourite, and when Alycia asks what he and Dyson where talking about, Heratio replies: "I was just telling Dyson I was about to kill you" and then takes hold of Alycia by her throat. When Dyson demands that Heratio release Alycia, and calls him "Zeus", Heratio turns to Dyson and tells him: "My name is Hera" before sending a cloud of gadflies to attack Dyson, calling them a "crowd pleaser." When Hera turns to kill Alycia, she screams and drives a dagger into Hera's stomach, adding: "Vincent hated marshmallows." Looking at the wound suffered, Hera comments: "This damn human body", turns to Alycia and tells her: "I'll be back for yours" before stumbling away and the attack on Dyson ends.
Back at Lauren's clinic, Bo and Lauren are creeping through the hallways in the dark. Lauren frets over the deaths of Lisa and Sam, but Bo reminds Lauren that neither death was her fault, but Lauren explains: "I haven't felt this guilty since my Karen Beattie days." Bo comments: "Seriously? Now? Now you decide to tell me about your former identity?" Lauren blames it on her trauma, and Bo replies: "Hey, whatever I can get. Karen Beattie all over me." Lauren tells Bo: "It was a long time ago, people died it was my fault." Bo replies: "I guess we have more in common than I thought." Bo then tells Lauren to leave and she will "take care of this" but Lauren refuses. Bo insists saying it is too dangerous for Lauren, but Lauren replies: "I might not be as strong as you and Tamsin but that doesn't mean that I can't fight." Lauren then finds a fire axe and adds: "I'm not scared anymore."
Dyson arrives at his place with Alycia. After asking her if she'd rather stay at a hotel, and Alycia telling Dyson that she feels safer where she is, Dyson sets up a place for her to stay. Alycia asks Dyson what happened at her home and Dyson replies: "He's not Kevin any more." When she asks who he is, Dyson answers: "I don't know. But I'll help you find out." After Alycia sits on the cot that Dyson has set up for her, he leaves the room, closing the room behind him.
Returning to his evidence board, Dyson attempts to put the pieces of the puzzle together and is then surprised by what appears to be Bo, who tells Dyson to be quiet as Alycia is sleeping. Bo calls Alycia "pretty" and then asks who Alycia is. Dyson explains that she is "a human that needs protection." Dyson comments as well: "Strange. Usually I can smell you coming from a mile away." Bo asks: "Do I not smell like me?" and after a pause, Dyson replies: "Yeah. You do. Must be the storm." Bo asks if she can tell Dyson a secret and Dyson replies with a bit of confusion: "I didn't think we had any." Bo then tells Dyson: "I think about you. Everyday." Dyson tells Bo: "I think about you too." Then Bo tells Dyson: "I just can't be with you right now." Dyson nods and replies: "I know. Same old game." Then Bo wonders: "Maybe it's time we changed the rules." Dyson is surprised, telling Bo: "This is a bit of a curve ball" then Bo answers: "I'll give you a curve ball." Dyson then winces, Bo asks: "What? Not attractive?" and Dyson grunts: "No. A bit on the painful side." They begin to laugh, but then hush each other so that they do not wake Alycia. Bo then promises to be quiet, but adds: "Can't promise you will be" before the two kiss.
Vex and Evony are then seen at Lauren's clinic, Vex not doing anything while Evony rummages through Lauren's lab trying to find the serum. When Vex asks what good the serum would be without Lauren's help, Evony replies: "She's not helping me, she's using me and I let her because I thought I didn't have a choice. Now I am taking things into my own rapidly wrinkling human hands." When Vex asks if Evony knows another doctor that treats Fae, Evony tells him: "I will find one. A witch, a druid, a sorcerer with a rope for a belt if I have to." Vex seems to be transfixed by something on Evony's chest and then comments: "What is that? Is that a skin tag?" which sets Evony off one a rant in which she tells Vex that is why she needs to become Fae again. There is the sound of something crashing and breaking which frightens them both. Evony tells Vex: "If it gets close, you remember what to do." Vex chuckles: "How could I forget? It's how you and I met." Vex then continues: "You were a shattered little mess" to which Evony agrees she was and then adds: "And you saved me." As Evony continues to search, Vex turns away and leaves at the exact moment that Evony comments: "Of course the serum is behind a bush. When will I learn?" Turning around, Evony calls out Vex's name but he is no longer there, Bo and Lauren there instead, Lauren holding the serum and asking: "Looking for something?" Evony commands: "Give." but Lauren replies: "Your monster killed one of my doctors and you have the nerve to come in here and try to steal my work?" Evony warns: "When that thing finds us, its going to eat you both alive and then it's going to use me as a toothpick. Because I'm the skinniest." Bo confronts her, saying: "We're done taking shots in the dark" and asking how to stop the monster before it does any more damage. Evony tells Bo that "nothing on this Earth can kill it. No chemical, no weapon. Not even lumberbutch over here." There is the sound of thunder and then Bo whispers: "I have an idea." Evony asks what the idea is and Bo turns to Lauren and asks "how are your throwing skills." Lauren replies: "It's on an 82 percent on a good day." Bo calls that good enough and then adds: "Question is, what does it want most?" The two then look at Evony who shakes her head and moans: "Oh... no" and Bo replies: "Oh yes." Eveny tells Bo that she doesn't know what she is dealing with, adding: "And I'm not talking invisible monster. With the Ancients back we are all ground meat, steak freaking tatar and hold the capers because there won't be time for condiments!" Lauren offhandedly replies: "What? Some dusty old Fae? What makes you think they are so dangerous?" Evony is quiet a moment, then reveals: "I don't think, I know. I used to date one." The Oracles are then seen walking together in a street and repeating over and over again: "Only in the darkness can we see the light,"
After still another commercial break, Evony is seen walking in an alleyway and commenting to herself: "Sure... I don't mind being the dangling carrot. The rain is great for my human hair." She then calls out: "What are you waiting for? Come and get me! For the love of Mike Nichols. NOW!" There is a strange sound and Evony turns around, starting to taunt the unseen being with: "Oh come on I had to share a room with my sisters growing up. At least you got your own." Bo and Lauren then appear and Lauren throws her fire axe at the being, striking it. Evony comes close and tells of: "You kept me in the dark for so long. It was your turn. I was a big girl Eros. You should have just told me how you really felt instead of stringing me along. Humiliating me. I loved you. And you chose that doormat Psyche. Evony then kisses Eros before drawing back and telling him: "And I hate to lose." There is the sound of electrical arcing and then a bolt of lightning strikes Eros and kills him, leaving nothing behind save the fire axe which clatters to the ground. Evony then walks away, saying nothing as she passes Bo and Lauren. Lauren asks Bo: "Did she say Eros? The Greek God?" Bo replies: "Zeus' lightning. it takes the power of an Ancient to kill an Ancient." Lauren comments: "I guess everyone has their monsters, even Evony."
Elsewhere, Trick is in his lair looking though his texts when Isabeau (Alisen Down), Trick's late wife appears to him. She greets Trick and tells him it is good to see him, saying that he is in "fine form" and she "misses him too much." Trick remarks that he has been fooled by visions before and Isabeau claims: "It is different this time. It's true. I'm true. We'll be together again. Soon." As Isabeau moves to kiss Trick he asks: "What do you mean soon?" Mark then enters the room and calls out" "Holy orgy Trick" which reveals that Trick is surrounded by the three Oracles, Trick exclaiming "This isn't real!" and pushing Cassie away from him. The Oracles then pronounce: "You are not the light. Only in the darkness can we see the light" then they leave, continuing to speak their phrase over and over again. As they leave, Dyson appears and asks if Trick is alright. Trick asks; "Has anyone had an unusual interaction with someone today? Something perhaps sexual in nature?" Both Dyson and Vex raise a hand and Trick continues: "It's what I feared. Oracle visions." Trick explains that the Oracles try to arouse others in order to get close to their lips and extract their truth. Vex asks if the visions are a "ruse" but Trick explains that "within each vision the Oracles are required to deliver truth in order to extract truth." Mark makes the comment: "I didn't see Kate Upton today. Why didn't the Oracles come to me?" Vex questions what he has in common with Dyson and Trick and Dyson replies "Bo. Her blood. It's in each of us." which reminds Vex that they all did so in order to defeat The Garuda. Trick then speaks the Oracles words "Only in the darkness can they see the light." Trick comes to the conclusion that the light is Bo's blood. Vex comments: "That storm wasn't meant to flood the Earth. They just wanted a power outage." Dyson continues: "So the Oracles could see what they needed to. If Bo is the light at least we kept them off her track for a while." Trick explains: "Zeus is known for giving Oracles their vision. He sent them. He wants her truth but why?" Vex then asks how the Oracles choose who they appear as and Trick explains: "Oracles are all knowing. They appear to us as the person our heart most desires." This revelation makes Vex pause and when Mark asks who Vex saw, Vex does not answer.
Elsewhere, Bo arrives home and sees Persephone's candle still alight. Bo approaches the candle and then calls out Tamsin's name but she does not answer. Bo then turns around and the three Oracles are standing next to her. Bo is confused a moment, but then her expression changes to a smile.
Returning from still another commercial, Bo sees Dyson and asks him if he has had any luck finding the Ancients. Dyson replies: "No. I was looking for you. Sometimes it feels like that's all I do." Bo asks Dyson what that is supposed to mean and Dyson continues: "You chose me first for a reason. Everything we've gone through, everything we've sacrificed. That was love. And it's still there. It doesn't go away." Bo replies: "No. It doesn't. But it changes." Dyson replies: "It does. But know that I will always be there for you. I am strong for you." Bo asks "Dyson, why all this now?" and then Lauren appears in the place of Dyson. Lauren tells Bo: "Because now is all we have." Bo realizes that something is wrong as she whispers: "I'm pretty sure I was just talking to Dyson." Lauren replies that Bo is tired, they both are and she blames Bo's confusion on the blackout. Bo declares: "This isn't real." Lauren presses: "It is true Bo. I'm true. As long as we're alive as long as we are walking the Earth we cannot be together." Bo smiles and replies: "Looks like Lauren, smells like Lauren." Lauren offers: "I even taste like me. Give it a try." and then walks towards Bo. The lights flicker and Bo hears a man's voice saying: "Don't be afraid." Bo whispers: "Dad?" and then the three Oracles are revealed once more. Cassie moves towards Bo to kiss her, but Cassie does not manage to kiss Bo as Trick intervenes and separates her and Bo. Bo then collapses to the floor as Trick moves to help her and the Oracles leave. Bo asks Trick what happened and Trick explains: "The Ancients sent them for your truth. What do they want with my Granddaughter?" Bo then tells Trick: "My father is Hades." This shocks Trick and he stares at Bo in disbelief, whispering "That's not possible." Bo continues: "He took Aife from the Dark Dungeons and brought her to Tartarus. I saw where I was born Trick. In Hel. Persephone, my stepmother, told me to take that candle from my father. She told me to light it for her family. What if lighting it brought them here?" Trick continues: "And it caused the elevator to crash, allowing them to take over human vessels." Bo replies: "It's time for us to meet the other side of the family."
Elsewhere, the Oracles return to Zee and she comments: "It took you long enough." Zee grabs Cassie and holds her close, drawing what the Oracles have learned from her. Zee whispers: "She has it. She doesn't even know." Cassie then begs Zee: "You changed me. Used me. Showed me things that made me take out my own eyes. I've given you everything you have asked for. Now please, let me go." Zee stares at Cassie for a moment then offers: "Okay. You can go" before she pushes Cassie over the railing of the balcony and Cassie falls to her death, screaming as she does so.
After the final commercial break, Mark and Vex are seen playing a game of drinking ping-pong. Mark asks why Vex left Evony and Vex explains: "Well, she had to face the music once and for all. Eros broke her heart, and instead of dealing with it all those years ago, I helped lock him up. And she's been her evil self ever since." Mark asks if Evony was the one that Vex saw in his vision and Vex replies: "My heart has been locked and chained and dropped to the deepest darkest ocean." Vex pauses a moment, then adds: "I haven't got a bloody clue what my heart wants anymore."
Bo is then seen at home on her cellphone, speaking with Lauren and asking her to tell both Dyson and Tamsin that she is okay, but needs time to figure things out. As she finishes her phone call Tamsin appears and asks Bo if she should leave her alone. Bo says no, because she lives there with Bo. Bo asks Tamsin if she is okay and Tamsin tells Bo that she isn't. Bo tells Tamsin they need to talk and Tamsin tells Bo that she knows what she is going to say, adding that she is "okay with it. As hard as that is, I'm okay with it." Bo is unsure what Tasmin is talking about and Tamsin continues that she knows Bo is a Succubus and that she needs to see others, "Even if those other people happen to be Lauren. I know where your heart truly lies. It's with me." Tamsin then begs Bo to tell her that it is true so she knows it is. Bo is quiet for a moment, then replies: "Tamsin... I care about you. More than you know." Tamsin whispers: "But?" Bo then continues: "And I know it seems like we're a couple, because we live together and we take cases together." Tamsin looks at the floor and whispers: "And we sleep together." Bo tries to explain: "I think Tamsin, deep down, You feel the same way." Tamsin chokes out: "Don't patronize me. I'm wise beyond my lives. Don't tell me I'm making this up. Don't tell me me I'm stupid." Bo insists that she isn't and tries to explain that living with someone and being with them all of the time can be confusing. Tamsin cries that she is not confused and that she is in love with Bo. Bo explains: "Tamsin... I love you. I do. But not like that. I'm sorry." Tamsin is devastated and asks: "So. Lauren is good enough. Dyson is good enough. Even Rainer is good enough. What's wrong with me? Why not me! What's wrong with me!" Bo tries to tell Tamsin that there is nothing wrong with her, but Tamsin tells Bo: "You know I thought that finally in my last life that I had found the one. Your eyes are both brown and blue." As Tamsin says this, the power comes back on and the lights in Bo's home flicker back to life once more. Tamsin then turns away from Bo and starts to leave, Bo calling her name. Tamsin tells Bo not to follow her and when Bo tries to stop Tamsin from leaving, Tamsin pulls away violently, yells "Don't!" and then walks out the door.
The final scene of the episode begins with Bo standing alone in her home, then turning around and looking at Persephone's candle. Bo then leans down and blows the candle out, looks at it a moment, and then leaves the room. The candle remains unlit for a few more seconds and then it relights, the candle burning once more.
Questions in this Episode
- Couldn't the Ancients been a little more focused in what they destroyed in order to cause the blackout? Why go and wreck a good portion of the city when the same thing could have been accomplished by levelling a power station, main hydro lines, or something similar. As well, if the Oracles needed darkness to "find the light" how is it they are able to do so in areas that have a good deal of light in them? As well, how is it that the blackout didn't effect the entire city as parts of it were shown to have power for lights clearly at various points in the episode.
- Considering that at every disaster there is some kind of news helicopter hovering over the aftermath, how is it that the mark of the Ancients wasn't seen? It was, after all, pretty obvious. More so, how is it that no one else saw the mark before Bo did?
- The news report that Lauren saw was obviously set at the same location as the scene with Bo. And no one saw anything? Really?
- The chances of mass destruction as described in the episode not resulting in a massive number of injuries and deaths is highly unlikely.
- How is it that Bo, Dyson and Tamsin were in a situation where they got run over by the tornado? Assuming that the events in this episode follow on right behind the last, which is likely, they were all at the Dal Riata meeting with Trick and Lauren.
- We find out in this episode that the female Ancient is named "Zee". Could she possibly be Zeus in female form? She has the ability to throw lightning from her hands and control it.
- Dyson asked Tamsin to go through the city and remove all evidence of the Ancients and as well take down all of Alycia Welles' posters. Considering the size of that task, there is no possible way that Tamsin could do so on her own. So, did she do it or not?
- How is it that with all of the backups that Evony's device failed? More importantly, considering what was in it, and how long it had been in there, how did she keep it under control before the technology was around to create the cryobox?
- At it appears that Alycia did at least some damage to Heratio when she stabbed him in the stomach, is the solution to the Ancients as simple as stabbing them and causing life threatening damage to their bodies?
- It seems like the storm played with the emotional states of a lot of humans in this episode. Is this a clue?
- How is it that Eros fit into that small container? Is he incorporeal? If that is true, then how does it work that he could kill Sam and as well how could Lauren hit him?
- So why did Zeus take a female form and Hera a male one?
- So, is Alycia another of the Ancient touched humans or is she a normal human? This would make a difference as if she is "ordinary" then Hera should not be able to possess her. But, of course, it is likely that she will be possessed somehow for the sake of the plot. If that happens, does it take as long as it did when the elevator victims were possessed? If not, then why? What makes Alycia different if at all?
- If Evony dated Eros, then she is several thousands of years in age. Does that mean she is one of the Ancients' children?
- Wouldn't the Oracles be attracted to the strongest "light" which would be Bo's? So why did they have to work their way through everyone else first?
- Cassie never kissed Bo. Therefore the Oracles never received Bo's own truth. So, as such, the Ancients cannot have all of the information they were looking for and with the death of Cassie, they cannot know of their mistake, nor attempt to obtain the information again. A major error if this is true, and if it is, does this give Bo the edge?
- So what does it take to blow out Persephone's candle?
- What happens when it is blown out, even for a moment? Does that have any effect on the Ancients?
- Does the death of Cassie mark the end of the abilities of the Oracles?
- What does Tamsin do now that her heart has been broken by Bo and she does not feel loved anymore? Would she betray Bo to the Ancients? Take Bo to her father? Take Dyson away from Bo? Seek out Lauren and try to hurt her or kill her in revenge?
Answers in this Episode
- Apparently the plan of the Ancients from the previous episode was to create a massive power failure such that the Oracles could go in search of those with Bo's blood, and eventually her. This was necessary because the Oracles could no longer "see" except in darkness.
- The words spoken by the Oracles: "Only in the darkness can we see the light" referred to being able to locate Bo's light among all of the other sources of light but only in darkness alone.
- Several of the encounters in the episode between characters were not actually happening, but were visions created by the Oracles in order to gain a truth from those they sought out. To do so, they were required to reveal a truth about each person they encountered, then they were allowed to take from them what they desired in return. In each case, the truth of their heart was revealed by the Oracles.
- In the case of Vex, his truth was that he was smitten by Mark.
- In the case of Dyson, his truth was his love for Bo.
- In the case of Trick, his truth was that he misses Isabeau, his late wife and wishes to reunite with her.
- In the case of Bo, her truth was that she loves both Dyson and Lauren.
- As the Oracles were seeking Bo's blood, it is noteworthy that they did not visit Lauren, or Hale's sister Val who also have some of Bo's blood in them. While it is possible that Val was seen off screen, Lauren would have been shown and it wasn't, so it is likely that she was not contacted by the Oracles.
- Mark did not have any of Bo's blood within him. While he was intimate with Bo, this was not explained as being enough to attract the attention of the Oracles.
- For the first time in quite a while, Dyson gave Tamsin the "Bo's a succubus" speech.
- When the blackout occurred, Evony's device failed and at first it seemed that nothing was in the device, but it was soon clear that something had escaped.
- Tamsin caught Bo and Lauren together in bed.
- Heratio attempted to masquerade as Alycia's husband, but when he commented that he liked marshmallows, she was convinced it was not her husband and she stabbed him.
- Evony is aware that Mark is Dyson's son.
- Evony is also aware that Vex has a crush on Mark.
- It was revealed in this episode that Heratio was actually Hera. In mythology, Hera is the wife and one of three sisters of Zeus in the Olympian pantheon of Greek mythology and religion. You can find out more about this legend here.
- Iris took the form of a woman, Hera took the form of a man, snd Zee, who is likely Zeus, took the form of a woman.
- When Hera left and threatened to return to take Alycia's body, this could be a means for her to obtain a woman's body in the place of the male one she holds at the time of this episode.
- According to Lauren the deaths of Lisa and Sam have placed a guilt on her that hasn't been so bad since her "Karen Beattie days."
- Lauren tells Bo: "It was a long time ago, people died it was my fault." Bo replies: "I guess we have more in common than I thought."
- Dyson was suspicious of the false Bo that visited him, noting that her scent didn't quite fit his experience with Bo.
- Dyson said that he could smell Bo "from a mile away."
- Vex and Evony first met when Evony asked for Vex's help in capturing Eros who had jilted her.
- Evony revealed in this episode that she once dated an Ancient.
- Evony apparently shared a room with her sisters growing up.
- At one point, Evony dated Eros, but was strung along until Eros chose Psyche over her.
- Eros in Greek mythology, was the Greek god of love. You can find out more about this legend here.
- Psyche refers to the story of Cupid and Psyche from the Latin novel Metamorphoses written in the 2nd century AD by Apuleius. It concerns the overcoming of obstacles to the love between Psyche and Cupid, also known as Eros, and their ultimate union in marriage. You can learn more about this tale here.
- Bo's blood was placed into Dyson, Lauren, Hale and Kenzi as well as Vex and Hale's sister Val during Flesh and Blood. Trick, being of Bo's bloodline, also had Bo's blood in him.
- The light the Oracles sought out was Bo's blood to learn her truth.
- Trick explained that: "Zeus is known for giving Oracles their vision. He sent them."
- Trick also explained that: "Oracles are all knowing. They appear to us as the person our heart most desires."
- It is important to note that at no time did the Oracles appear to kiss Bo and take her truth. As such, the only truths they have are that which Bo's blood held when she shared it at the time of The Garuda.
- Trick became aware for the first time in this episode that Bo was born in Hel, her father is Hades and Bo's lighting of Persephone's candle was the doorway that brought the Ancients back to Earth and allowed them to take human bodies as a means to exist on Earth.
- Cassie the Oracle was killed by Zee in this episode, though the other two Oracles seem to still be alive.
- According to Vex, Evony only became evil in the aftermath of what Eros did to her and after she and Vex locked Eros away.
- Bo tried to explain to Tamsin that she didn't love her in the same way that Tamsin loved her. Tamsin's heart was broken and she left Bo alone at home immediately afterwards.
- Bo attempted to blow out Persephone's candle and it did go out for a short period of time, but then relit after Bo had left the room where it was placed.
For a more detailed list see: List of Lost Girl episodes, or click on the individual episode titles for more in depth articles.
- This episode marked the first time this character's true name was stated, revealing that their name was Hera. As such in this summary their prior name is used until the point where the truth is revealed. From that point onwards in this summary and in future episodes, the correct character name is used.
- This episode marked the first time this character's name was stated, revealing that she was not Persephone. As such from this episode forwards in the series she is referred to with her correct name.
Episode Review on Succubus.Net
Tera, the owner of this website, posted a review of this episode on her Blog, A Succubi's Tale on January 23, 2015. You can find that review here. She gave it 3.8 pitchforks out of 5.
- The Official site of the series Lost Girl
- Official Season Five website at Showcase.ca
- Here Comes the Night at the IMDb