Thank you for over 5.1 million views of the SuccuWiki!
Erathos the Scorned
Erathos the Scorned is a Succubus NPC character created for the Zahhak - Ashen Waste of the Abyss module as part of The Planes RPG series. It was authored by Tom Knauss and published by Mongoose Publishing in 2002. The following entry was designated as Open Game Content in The Grand OGL Wiki.
Succubi do not fall in love. This false assumption brought the archdemoness Erathos to Apathy first as an exile and then as a ruler. Rumours say that she fell in love with a mortal wizard and lived with him in mortal guise, but then he cheated on her and discovered her true nature. Humiliated and banished, the succubus grew to hate all things related to love and the people who practice it, making her the most dedicated of the Pentad to her aspect of Apathy. She relishes seeing love destroyed and makes her realm the most lavish and superficial, offering an empty substitute for love to plant Apathy’s seed in her visitors. Erathos makes her home in the 28th Layer of the Abyss where she rules a part of it under the watch of Zahhak.
Erathos (Demon, succubus)
- CR 24
- Medium-size Outsider (Chaotic, Evil), Sor 15
- HD 6d8 + 15d4 + 21
- hp 85
- Init +6 (+2 Dex, +4 Improved Initiative)
- Spd 30 ft, fly 50 ft (average)
- AC 21 (+2 Dex, +9 natural armour)
- Atk 2 claws +14 melee (claws 1d3+1)
- Face/Reach 5 ft x 5 ft/10 ft
- SA Energy drain, summon familiar, spell-like abilities, summon demon; SQ damage reduction 20/+2, SR 12, demon qualities, alternate form, tongues
- AL CE
- SV Fort +11, Ref +12, Will +18
- Str 13, Dex 15, Con 13, Int 18, Wis 18, Cha 25.
Skills and Feats
Alchemy +18, Bluff +30, Concentration +9, Diplomacy +15, Disguise +13, Escape Artist +8, Hide +8, Innuendo +10, Intimidate +9, Knowledge (arcana) +9, Listen +23, Move Silently +8, Perform +15, Pick Pocket +4, Profession (brewer) +8, Ride +8, Search +13, Sense Motive +16, Spot +21; Dodge, Enlarge Spell, Improved Initiative, Mobility, Silent Spell, Spell Focus (enchantment), Still Spell.
Sorcerer: (DC 17 + spell level, 6 /8 /8 /8 /7 /7 /7 /5 )
- 0 – dancing lights, daze, ghost sound, mending, open/close, prestidigitation, ray of frost, read magic, resistance
- 1st – cause fear, protection from good, shield, sleep, ventriloquism
- 2nd – hypnotic pattern, obscure object, see invisibility, shatter, Tasha’s hideous laughter
- 3rd – invisibility sphere, lightning bolt, magic circle against law, slow
- 4th – bestow curse, emotion, Evard’s black tentacles, polymorph other
- 5th – dream, mind fog, shadow evocation, wall of force
- 6th – geas/quest, greater dispelling, summon monster VI
- 7th – finger of death, insanity.
Features of Erathos’s Lands
In addition to the general conditions of the Ashen Waste, the lands under Erathos’ control have the following effects.
- Inside the fortress, in the normal hallways, all sound effects function as if prepared or cast with the Enlarge Spell and Extend Spell feats at no additional cost. The drawback is that the echoes affect any allies in the same room too, dealing one half the spell’s damage or requiring a save roll with a +4 circumstance bonus.
- Creatures stop caring about their companions, making the combat option to aid another harder to achieve (see the Combat chapter in the SRD), raising the DC to 15.
- Lying is easy in Erathos, granting all Bluff, Diplomacy, and Innuendo checks a +2 morale bonus when used to deceive.
- Bardic music rings hollow and its effects last only two rounds after the bard stops singing or playing.