On September 28th, 2014, the SuccuWiki had its 10 millionth view!
Demons Sourcebook Cover,
written by Mayfair Games Staff
|Author(s)||Mayfair Games Staff|
|Publication date||October 28, 1992|
Demons is an supplement sourcebook for the Advanced Dungeons & Dragons 2nd Edition role playing game. The work was written and published by Mayfair Games. The work appeared in 1992 and was the first of many books to add more detail on demons in the Advanced Dungeons & Dragons 2nd edition which, at that point in time, had removed Demons from the game. The work does feature Succubi, but for some reason they look more like mermaids than the traditional succubus in nature.
- Title: Demons
- Author: Mayfair Games Staff
- Published By: Mayfair Games
- Length: 192 Pages
- Format: eBook
- ISBN-10: 0923763619
- ISBN-13: 978-0923763619
- Publishing Date: October 28, 1992
Eons ago... they were imprisoned in a vast inferno for fomenting a conflict amidst the gods themselves. Now, they're loose and free to prey upon the will of man. Run out of challenges? Try matching wits with the embodiment of all evil.
The Demons sourcepack includes:
- 48 pages of hole-punched monster descriptions, covering the demons and the inhabitants of their inferno lairs, for your players to add to other game materials
- An 80-page game master's booklet
- The 64-page Infernicum Mallemancia, an ancient book of demon lore that provides your players with all the clues they need to tackle and defeat their diabolical adversaries
- New character classes, including the demon-summoning Thaumaturgist and the demon-hunting Slayer
- Rules for half-demon player characters
- Dozens of new spells and new magic items
- A Full color, 22 "x 34" map
- A complete adventure; and the most powerful spells in fantasy role-playing.
The following is information on the Succubi as revealed in this soutcebook:
|Intelligence||Average of 16|
|Number of Attacks||3 (talon/talon/bite)|
|Special Attack||Magic Drain|
|Special Defense||+1 or better weapon to hit|
|Movement||12" land/20" air|
Although succubi try to avoid combat whenever possible, they can use their razor sharp talons and fangs to defend themselves.
Succubi were created by Decarabria, Lord of Emptiness, to tempt mortal magic-users susceptible to the sin of lust. Male succubi are known as incubi.
Succubi appear to their victims each night in the form of an alluring woman (incubi appear as men). If the victim fails to save vs. magic, he or she succumbs to the beast's charms and loses the ability to cast 1-10 total spell Skill levels during the next day (the exact spell levels lost are at the magic-user's discretion). Once the succubus has drained a total of 50 spell levels in this fashion, the victim has succumbed to the sin of lust and submitted to Decarabria. If a victim either submits or successfully resists the succubus on three consecutive nights, the beast moves on to a new victim. Particularly potent succubi can appear to a victim in the victim's dreams and needn't appear physically at all.
Succubi are sly and vicious. They will use any means at their disposal to force a target to submit.
The succubi in this sourcebook are a bit more powerful than the 1st Edition Advanced Dungeons & Dragons Succubus which they were modeled after.