Thank you for over 5.4 million views of the SuccuWiki!
Darklight is a movie that has links to the Lilith Jewish myth. In the movie, Lilith (Shiri Appleby) and William Shaw (Richard Burgi) join forces to kill the Demonicus, an evil beast that is starting a worldwide plague.
- Release Date: September 18, 2004
- MPAA Rating: Rated R for language and adult situations.
- Runtime: 90 Minutes
- Director: Bill Platt
- Writer: Bill Platt and Chris Regina
- Studio: Unified Film Organization (UFO)
- Genre: Action, Horror
- Plot Tagline: Darkness shines bright
|Shiri Appleby||Lilith / Elle|
|Richard Burgi||William Shaw|
|John de Lancie||Faith Director Chapel|
|David Hewlett||Anders Raeborne|
Lilith is introduced as Elle, a young woman who lives with a guardian. She has no memory of who she is. Lilith is the first woman created by God. She rejected Adam's belief that he was better than her. God turned her into an immortal demoness who kills the children of Adam and Eve. A secret society, The Faith, was created to destroy Lilith.
After murdering the young son of Faith agent William Shaw, Lilith was captured by Shaw, but The Faith chose to let her live. Instead they blocked her memory and powers, and placed her with a foster family as Elle.
When the ambitious Anders Raeborne (David Hewlett) used an extract from Lilith's blood in attempt to become immortal, he became the evil Demonicus, a powerful monster who transmitted a red plague with his bite and tongue. The leaders of Faith, Prefect (Ross Manarchy) and Chapel (John de Lancie), assigned chief agent William Shaw to help Lilith regain her memories and train her to destroy Demonicus and bring his head to develop an antidote.
- An in-depth review of this movie is available at: Dread Central.com
- ↑ http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/08139/882109-237.stm
- ↑ http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0395512/
- ↑ http://movies.nytimes.com/movie/412747/Darklight/overview