On May 4, 2016, the 3,900th article was added to the SuccuWiki!
An Alu-Demon as illustrated by Tony DiTerlizzi
|Alignment||Chaotic Evil (Generally)|
Monster Manual II|
Monstrous Compendium Volume Outer Planes Appendix
|First appearance||Lost Caverns of Tsojcanth|
The Alu-Demon is the female demonic offspring of a succubus and a human. Though she is part demon, not all Alu-Demons are inherently evil, although Alu-Demons of any good alignment are extremely rare. The typical Alu-Demon has dark hair, dark eyes, small black horns just above her eyes, and small, leathery, black wings. Alu-Demons are always female and always appear as an attractive female humanoid, with demonic features.
|Type||Medium-Size Outsider (Evil)|
|Alignment||Usually Chaotic Evil|
|Hit Dice||6d8+6 (33 hp)|
|Speed||30 ft, fly 50 ft (average)|
|AC||15 (+1 Dex, +4 natural)|
|Attacks||Longsword +8 melee or 2 claws +8 melee|
|Damage||Longsword 1d8+2 or claw 1d3+2|
|Face/Reach||5 ft by 5 ft/5 ft|
|Special Attacks||Spell-like abilities, vampiric touch|
|Special Qualities||Damage reduction 10/+1, SR 12, demon qualities, telepathy|
|Saves||Fort +6, Ref +6, Will +7|
|Abilities||Str 15, Dex 13, Con 13, Int 15, Wis 14, Cha 15|
|Skills||Bluff +10, Concentration +9, Escape Artist +6, Hide +6, Knowledge (any one) +8, Listen +14, Move Silently +5, Search +10, Spot +14|
|Feats||Cleave, Power Attack|
|Climate/Terrain||Any land and underground|
|Advancement||By character class|
|At Will||Charm Person, Desecrate, Detect Thoughts, Shapechange (Medium-size humanoid only), Suggestion|
- Vampiric Touch (Su): An Alu-Demon that successfully hits with a claw attack deals 1d3+2 points of damage (each claw). The Alu-Demon temporarily gains hit points equal to the damage dealt. Note, that the Alu-Demon cannot gain more than the victim’s current hit points +10 (which is enough to kill the victim). The temporary hit points disappear in one hour.
- Demon Qualities (Ex): Immune to poison and electricity; cold, fire, and acid resistance 20; darkvision to a range of 200 feet.
- Telepathy (Su): Alu-Demons can communicate telepathically with any creature within 100 feet that has a language.
- Skills: Alu-Demons receive a +4 racial bonus to Listen and Spot checks.
- Combat: Alu-Demons attack with weapons (preferring longswords or maces) or with claws. The Alu-Demon mixes her spell-like abilities in regardless of the method of attack utilized.
Player Character Statistics
Player character Alu-Demons have the following statistics:
- The favored class of an Alu-Demon is fighter
- Str +4, Dex +2, Con +2, Int +4, Wis +4, Cha +4
- An Alu-Demon character is ECL +8
In second edition AD&D, demons became known as tanar'ri, with the Alu-Fiend least tanar'ri appearing first in the Monstrous Compendium Volume Outer Planes Appendix (1991). The Alu-Fiend lesser tanar'ri also appeared for the Planescape campaign setting in the first Planescape Monstrous Compendium Appendix (1994).
The Alu-Demon appears as a template in Dragon #355 (May 2007).
The Alu-Demon appeared under the "demon" heading in the Tome of Horrors (2002) from Necromancer Games.
- Mentzer, Frank. "Ay pronunseeAY shun gyd" Dragon #93 (TSR, 1985)
- Gygax, Gary. The Lost Caverns of Tsojcanth (TSR, 1982)
- Gygax, Gary. Monster Manual II (TSR, 1983)
- LaFountain, J. Paul. Monstrous Compendium Outer Planes Appendix. (TSR, 1991)
- Varney, Allen, ed. Planescape Monstrous Compendium Appendix (TSR, 1994)
- Green, Scott (2002). Tome of Horrors, 69–70, Necromancer Games.